Sign in to follow this  
pmplayer

Hotfix ?

1 hour ago, Steve_Ellis said:

In my work, I would not have been allowed to leave it in a mess like that, they would have called me back, weekend or not 😆

Sure, but in this industry, as I just said in my comment above, it's the director (the publisher, Microsoft in this instance) who decides to push the product out the door in whatever state it's in, not the team developing it. The attitude these days is that it will be fixed later.

I would say, at least issues can be fixed later. In the early games industry, pre internet in (almost) everyone's home, if a title was released with bugs that hadn't been detected, that was that. You had a broken piece of software forever. So we're more fortune now, really. Although, yes, it would be nice if some publishers weren't so rigid with their release schedules and allow the team more time.

Edited by March Hare
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

The Haze (is it misinterpreting the METAR?)

It cannot be just that as I have found and documented significant haze (less than 2 miles visibility in MSFS since the update in two distinct areas where there was nothing in the local or surrounding (up to 200 miles) metars relevant to haze.  All with clear skies and 10 miles visibility, and based on temp/dew points less than 65% relative humidity.  There appear to be multiple issues perhaps related to each other.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

2 hours ago, scotchegg said:

Is TrackIR broken? I did have to go through the unimaginable inconvenience of binding a toggle for on/off after the update, but other than that it’s still working for me.

Yes it's broken. Or bugged if you prefer that instead.

Issue 1: Hitting F9 (pause) turns off head tracking in the sim, but does not turn it back on when you hit F9 again.

Workaround: Map another button to head tracking and use that to turn on and off head tracking instead. 

Issue 2: Looking in a certain direction and hitting either F9 (pause) or another mapped button resets the view, making it impossible to look at the radio stack, pause, and tune the radios and resuming. This is a core function for many TrackIR users. 

So we have two issues. One needs a workaround, and the other is not possible to fix and is hardcoded. I would therefore say that TrackIR is indeed broken.

• Like 1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

Just noticed an announcement from the MSFS forum that the team is working on it. So fingers crossed that we get a hotfix rather sooner than later....

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Tapani Österberg

42 minutes ago, Tom Wright said:

Yes but the difference here is this is a computer game. People aren't going to die or have their livelihoods severely impacted because there's some bugs in it...

That's not a difference in my opinion.

The customers I am talking about are paying for our product.

The customers you and I am, are paying for a product. 

For me there is no difference. 

We are here talking about customer experiences, from paying customers in due the lack of quality (MSFS), very short or even non existent test periods (beta was first cancelled and then 5 or 6 days prior release communicated).

• Upvote 4

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Hello everyone, quick message to let you know that we are aware of issues impacting the weather since the latest update.
The team is currently working on it.

OlieTsubasa443 Community Manager

From the forums about 47 minutes ago.
  • Like 5

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

13 minutes ago, Virtpilot said:

Just noticed an announcement from the MSFS forum that the team is working on it. So fingers crossed that we get a hotfix rather sooner than later....

Now if this is a true information the possibility is given that we get a hotfix and it is mostly the answers to my question - Thanks for the Info !

And yes, we costumers are all a beta Team for MS and Asobo, now the whole  year ago since the Sim is out - to bad or not ? 🤫

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Farlis said:

How fast do you expect a reaction?

We didn't expect a hotfix today, but an acknowledgement of the issues and the assurance that they will work on it.

That requires 5 minutes and they made it finally.

Edited by MrFuzzy

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

Even the option of a roll-back to SU6 would be a really nice option for most of us who have issues. These forced updates are garbage!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

1 minute ago, MrFuzzy said:

We didn't expect a hotfix today, but an acknowledgement of the issues and the assurance that they will work on it.

That requires 5 minutes.

uh oh !  doesn't work that way.

The request has to gather a certain number of votes during the time Jayne is on duty.

Then she sends a message to Neumann that some folks, always the same, are unhappy.

Neumann ponders about it.

Then Neumann interrogates  Wloch

Wloch ponders and checks whether it is feasible and go back to Neumann.

Then Neumann ponders about Wloch's answer

Neumann sends the OK to Jayne to prepare a post.

Jayne, if she is on duty, sends a draft to Neumann.

Neumann ponders about the draft and sends the final OK

Jayne, if she on duty, posts it

4 days at least, maybe 5.

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

3 hours ago, edpatino said:

There's a thread over at the MSFS Official Forums where you can vote for such a Hotfix. Much needed!.

Anyone have a link to this thread that can be voted?  I see a thread on Hotfix, but it's in the General Discussion forum and there is no way to vote in that thread.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

5 minutes ago, Daytona125 said:

Even the option of a roll-back to SU6 would be a really nice option for most of us who have issues. These forced updates are garbage!

I'm not interested in a roll back. I preferable move forward with a hotfix for the haze and VR (although I dont use that)

• Like 1

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

45 minutes ago, Virtpilot said:

Do you have a link to this? Who made the announcement? If somebody has a link to this, that would be appreciated.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

2 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

uh oh !  doesn't work that way.

The request has to gather a certain number of votes during the time Jayne is on duty.

Then she sends a message to Neumann that some folks, always the same, are unhappy.

Neumann ponders about it.

Then Neumann interrogates  Wloch

Wloch ponders and checks whether it is feasible and go back to Neumann.

Then Neumann ponders about Wloch's answer

Neumann sends the OK to Jayne to prepare a post.

Jayne, if she is on duty, sends a draft to Neumann.

Neumann ponders about the draft and sends the final OK

Jayne, if she on duty, posts it

4 days at least, maybe 5.

If only they pondered so much on what they constantly tweak 😄 

• Upvote 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

1 minute ago, abrams_tank said:

Do you have a link to this? Who made the announcement? If somebody has a link to this, that would be appreciated.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/weather-transition-is-not-smooth-after-su7/472467/185 

• Like 2