Tokitaumelie

Upcoming TRAINING Edition Release & Virtual Cockpit Re-Desig

Looking forward to the release.

Thanks.

i9 9900K 3.60GHz ..... RTX 2080 Ti ..... 48 GB Ram.

we know that many folks were not pleased with the level of detail provided in the Visual Extension Package, so we are implementing a significant re-design of the Virtual Cockpit of the Q400 for the P3D platform. Changes to be expected will for done on the 3D objects and cockpit structural elements (roof, walls and so on) including the instruments. Both the instrument texts and the EFIS screens resolution will be improved.

Completion of this phase of the VEP upgrade will be released for free to the owners of the Visual Extension package, as well as the Training edition of the Q400.

It's great when a developer listens to feedback and does something about it.

This is an unexpected and very welcome piece of news. Thanks @Tokitaumelie for continuing your work on the fabulous Q400.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 3700X 4.4GHz(PBO); MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440x1440)
Fulcrum Sim yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CP Flight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x2; TrackIR

P3Dv5.2 HF1, FS Global Ultimate NG, Orbx, MSE, ActiveSky, RealTurb, ChasePlane, AIGAIM-OCI, AILRP, FS-ATC Chatter, Self Loading Cargo, FFTF Dynamic
iFly Advanced 737; PMDG 777; QW 787; AS A320+A330; MJC Dash 8; A2A C172 PA-28; Carenado A42+A72+XL560; PMDG 737; FT E-Jets v3; QW 757; JF C152

the training edition isn't my thing.  But the visual pack update sounds fantastic.  

9700k | Maximus XI Hero| 32gb DDR4 3000 |EVGA FTW3 3090 | 1tb EVO Plus 970 and 500GB M2+3TB HDD | 43" Samsung X60R 4k and 2  22" monitors | Corsair RM1000x |  240MM AIO.| MFG Crosswind | T16000M Stick | Saitek Throttle Quad | Skalarki MCDU and FCU | Saitek Radio Panel

2 hours ago, F737NG said:

It's great when a developer listens to feedback and does something about it.

This is an unexpected and very welcome piece of news. Thanks @Tokitaumelie for continuing your work on the fabulous Q400.

+1

Appreciated!

Shom

[P3D v5.1 HF1 running on Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, EVGA 1080Ti, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

It's too bad they're locking compatibility for sloped surfaces to the Training version. I'll probably end up upgrading just for that + the VC update, but it should be standard IMO.

-Alex 

1 hour ago, Chapstick said:

It's too bad they're locking compatibility for sloped surfaces to the Training version. I'll probably end up upgrading just for that + the VC update, but it should be standard IMO.

Maybe I've missed something, what is the sloped surface compatibility?

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

13 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

Maybe I've missed something, what is the sloped surface compatibility?

afaik P3d v5 allows for sloped runways / taxiways. Ground physics probably has to be adapted because as far as I recall the Majestic Q-400 uses JSBSim externally as the simulation engine.

Edited by jcomm
  • Upvote 1

Flight simulation is the virtual materialization of a Dream....

1 hour ago, jcomm said:

afaik P3d v5 allows for sloped runways / taxiways. Ground physics probably has to be adapted because as far as I recall the Majestic Q-400 uses JSBSim externally as the simulation engine.

This was not always the case until probably v5.x.  The Q400 due to the external FDE usually sank several inches below the surface while operating on sloped surfaces

• Upvote 2

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MotherBoard, 32Gigs RAM, EVGA 1080Ti, 750 Corsair PSW, 1x500Gig WD Blue SSD, 1x1TB Samsung EVO 860, 1x1TB Crucial SSD, 1x2TB Samsung QVO SSD, 1x6TB SeaGate HHD:  Win OS 10 v2004
Simulators:  Prepar3D v4.5x & v5.1x/ X-Plane 11.50/ MSFS 2020:  YouTube Videos

Will this version finally include a single-cue flight director (as used by some of the biggest Q400 operators, including Horizon and Wideroe)?

Edit: Just checked the features this list and it seems to be case (WING TYPE FLIGHT DIRECTOR). Can't tell you how long I've been waiting for this one -- definite day 1 purchase for me.

Edited by thepilot

1 hour ago, crosswind said:

This was not always the case until probably v5.x.  The Q400 due to the external FDE usually sank several inches below the surface while operating on sloped surfaces

Then I agree it's a shame that this is only in the cockpit builders version, because sloped surfaces are integral to v5 and capable of use with any version of the Q400, I hope you could review this at some point please?

• Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

The Training Edition has been released. Can't wait to take the Q400 to the virtual skies again...

• Like 2

On 11/23/2021 at 9:00 PM, kevinfirth said:

Then I agree it's a shame that this is only in the cockpit builders version, because sloped surfaces are integral to v5 and capable of use with any version of the Q400, I hope you could review this at some point please?

How many airports in p3d feature sloped runways?

1 hour ago, thepilot said:

The Training Edition has been released. Can't wait to take the Q400 to the virtual skies again...

Justflight is slow as always 😄

André

On 11/23/2021 at 6:10 PM, crosswind said:

Is the installer of the training version already sent to Justflight?

It's overall available besides Justflight...

Thanks,

• Upvote 1

André