Sign in to follow this  
DylanM

Warning regarding the new Nvidia 497.09 drivers

24 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

You need to keep trying it.  Apparently, your brain will get used to it eventually and it won't make you sick any more!  😝  :biggrin: 

Hi Bob, Brain is fine, once it tell me grab the "Yoke" in front of me and i do, then i forgive it and we are working together happily after this anyway.😁

The problem is that shortsightedness felling which i'm not and i think 90Hz is way too slow, maybe i'll try it with another big update, but this sickness tell me keep it away at least two weeks please.

• Like 1

R9-5950X // 32Gb@3600 // B550 Unify // 3090 TUF OC // 1TB 980Pro M.2 // Nuctua D15 // Seasonic PRIME TX-1000 // LG GP-850 1440P@180Hz // HOTAS WARTHOG&TFRP // Windows 11

Sorry for my pathetic English , thank you.😅

Installed 497.09.  Full DDU, and install with bloat ware removed. Also cleared DX shader cache with disk cleanup for good measure.

Flew the DC-6 in VR for about 3 hours. Absolute butter the whole time. No crash, no stutter, just a hazy day in California. 

win 10 x64, HP G2, dx11 only, 10900k@5.2, evga 3090 FTW3, 64 MB at 4000.

Just a hunch but folks with issues, when CTD, sounds power supply max or thermal related.

it’s a keeper for me. 

AMD 7950x3d, MSI 4090 Supreme Liquid, 64GB@6000 CL30, MSI X670E ACE, 4TB Crucial T700 nvme, MSI AIO, Asus 43" HDR1000, Quest Pro, VKB gunfighter, Bravo throttle, TPR, IBM Model M keyboard, Shure SM58

Talk about bad timing... I just did a clean install of Win11 on my new rig. Tested MSFS earlier this week with no addons and everything was fine. Installed all my addons today and didn't give a second thought to this updated driver I installed last night. Loaded up some flights and went from a few minutes, then CTD, to a CTD during loading screens. Spend the last hour messing with addons until I finally searched the driver version and found all these threads.😭

I committed the cardinal sin of testing EVERYTHING AT ONCE! 😁

Same here.

Installed Win 11 last night, Latest Nvidia drivers for my RTX 3060 Ti, then pushed MFS from the cloud, and, CTD whenever I try to start a flight with any default aircraft 😕

Turns out that after having opted for DX12 ( beta ) mode I had no CTDs so far ( ? )

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

5 hours ago, BufordTX said:

Just a hunch but folks with issues, when CTD, sounds power supply max or thermal related.

Wow!  A bit of a statement there!  :smile:

Even when all these people had no problem before?  Configuration related maybe, but you don't get this amount of people all suddenly get power supply and / or thermal issues all in one go after simply swapping to a new driver. 

The cause and effect is fairly obvious, especially with the 'blue squares' appearing.  Also, when people roll back, they have no issues. 
Anybody who doesn't think it is the driver related to specific hardware or software configurations would be skipping over the obvious evidence.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

The latest game ready driver version is 472.12 from September 20th.

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

10 hours ago, jcomm said:

Turns out that after having opted for DX12 ( beta ) mode I had no CTDs so far ( ? )

Seems to be primarily a DX11 issue based on the reports - you could run in DX12 (brave 🙃) or revert back to a previous version if you want to run DX11.

1 minute ago, DylanM said:

Seems to be primarily a DX11 issue based on the reports - you could run in DX12 (brave 🙃) or revert back to a previous version if you want to run DX11.

But now that I reverted to a previous Nvidia driver in Win 11, I don't want to get back to DX11 🙂

Win 11 + DX12 == GREAT ! SMOOTH !

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

IF IT AINT BROKE DON'T FIX IT............

• Like 1

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

3 hours ago, jcomm said:

Win 11 + DX12 == GREAT ! SMOOTH !

Wish I had the same experience... while DX12 fixed my CTD issues with the latest drivers, I went from 50-60 fps on my 3090 down to 30-40 with massive studders. Ran DDU and loaded the previous hotfix drivers that were linked in this thread and all is back to normal.

Strange how DX12 success is all across the board even on the same series of GPU's.

• Like 1

@everyone If you're enrolled in the Open Pre-Release for the SU7 December Update via the Insider Hub, version 1.21.18.0 is available in the store for download. You can get the update in the XBox app or the Microsoft Store.

Details here:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/new-testing-build-1-21-18-0-releasing-december-7-2021-update-available-now/479787

This build fixes the crash to desktop issue for players using the latest Nvidia GeForce driver (497.09) and also includes updated AIRAC data.

Posted by Working Title in their Discord

5 hours ago, Waldo Pepper said:

Posted by Working Title in their Discord

Initial results are disappointing it seems.  DX11 still crashing with the new Nvidia drivers, plus this build is stopping the FBW WASM modules from initialising. 

It's a pity!  Back to the drawing board I suppose. They will probably try another build in the next day or two to fix the CTD. 
As the PMDG DC-6 and Aerosoft CRJ WASM seems to initialise, I dare say FBW will be having a look at the Airbus at their end to see if they can do anything. 

Funny how these things seem to get affected though.  It has always been the way with MSFS, where a change seems to affects something else seemingly unrelated.
They must be pulling their hair out!

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

Funny how these things seem to get affected though.  It has always been the way with MSFS, where a change seems to affects something else seemingly unrelated.
They must be pulling their hair out!

PMDG understood that and they gave up for now... sick of wasting their time chasing a moving target I guess.

• Like 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

24 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

PMDG understood that and they gave up for now... sick of wasting their time chasing a moving target I guess.

It’s all a bit of a big (hot, (weather)) mess at the moment isn’t it. GOTY indeed. 

• Upvote 1