Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Live weather down for beta users

1 hour ago, Krakin said:

You realize all live weather regardless of what sim it is implemented in is..............live, right? How are you so sure this had something to do with the hacking on of software? Your realize servers go down, right? Weird take if I ever saw one.

Yes, but most competent devops teams can get the server back up in less than 48 hours.  Um, yeah...48 hours.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Jeez the whinning on here is unbelievable, either  don't play it until it's fixed, or switch as i do to whatever i want. Crikey it's a game!

Edited by Car147
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

7 minutes ago, Car147 said:

Jeez the whinning on here is unbelievable, either  don't play it until it's fixed, or switch as i do to whatever i want. Crikey it's a game!

As you are entitled to "do what you do" and let us know about it, people who paid for a product are entitled to let others know they are unsatisfied when it doesn't work.  *Crikey*, we spent money on it!

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

-C

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, EVGA RTX3080 FTW3 Ultra, 64GB DDR4 @3600MHz

MSFS, XP11, XP12, DCS, IL-2, Falcon BMS, LMNOP

1 hour ago, Krakin said:

You realize all live weather regardless of what sim it is implemented in is..............live, right? How are you so sure this had something to do with the hacking on of software? Your realize servers go down, right? Weird take if I ever saw one.

I was making a larger point.  I'm using the Beta which totally fixed the weather before Friday at 9pm.  Most are still running SU7 released back in November.  The engine was perfectly fine before that.  If they want to implement new features fully test first before forcing everyone to update.  They chose outright during SU7 testing to shut down the beta early and wing it with the release of the update.  That's what I'm talking about.  Between SU7 and what's happening now, depending on how fast they fix this latest issue quality oversight is starting to go downhill.  If it takes Asobo all week or longer to fix this weather issue the writing is on the wall.  Something is seriously wrong at ASOBO meaning they should stop and address whatever politics is going on inhouse.  Quit hacking on the sim when you clearly have people in house that don't know what they're doing.  Release the beta officially that's out now and stop hacking on it for a few months.  Get in house people training up and on the same page then come back to it. 

Reading the Official forums, the XBOX community is really up in arms about the issues they are facing.  

• Like 3

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

4 minutes ago, Dillon said:

I was making a larger point.  I'm using the Beta which totally fixed the weather before Friday at 9pm.  Most are still running SU7 released back in November.  The engine was perfectly fine before that.  If they want to implement new features fully test first before forcing everyone to update.  They chose outright during SU7 testing to shut down the beta early and wing it with the release of the update.  That's what I'm talking about.  Between SU7 and what's happening now, depending on how fast they fix this latest issue quality oversight is starting to go downhill.  If it takes Asobo all week or longer to fix this weather issue the writing is on the wall.  Something is seriously wrong at ASOBO meaning they should stop and address whatever politics is going on inhouse.  Quit hacking on the sim when you clearly have people in house that don't know what they're doing.  Release the beta officially that's out now and stop hacking on it for a few months.  Get in house people training up and on the same page then come back to it. 

Reading the Official forums, the XBOX community is really up in arms about the issues they are facing.  

They remind me of a bunch of kids who know some code, but don't follow any kind of professional release procedures.

If folks don't complain, and there is no competition, then MAssobo can do what they want.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Dillon said:

I'm using the Beta which totally fixed the weather before Friday at 9pm.

The beta absolutely did not fix the weather. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Dillon said:

I hope people are seeing now why this cloud/constantly hacking on software doesn't work.  Endless development in real time with no oversight or accountability.  I'm not a fan of the cloud and a developer's free will to keep monkeying with the product.

Thank you.  A couple years ago I retired from a career in corporate software development. My last few years I had to suffer through the "Agile Development Methodology", which based on what I'm seeing with MSFS is what MSObo is using.  To me it was a developers nightmare.  Slam dunk software updates on a monthly schedule solely so IT Management could pat themselves on the back trying to justify their existence.  At the same time what the users really needed got put on a "roadmap" to be implemented who knows when and when implementation for their needs finally arrived, they usually got half of what they asked for.

I'm done ranting.  Please carry on. 😁

Edited by JeffF
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 2

Jeff | Private Pilot SEL, Tailwheel  Endorsement | A&P Mechanic

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | GPU: EVGA RTX3080 Black | MoBo: ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming (WiFi) | RAM: 32Gb DDR4 3200 Mhz CL 16 | SSDs: 2Tb Samsung M.2 980 Pro, 1Tb Samsung M.2 970 Pro, | Case: Phanteks Eclipse P500A | Monitors: LG 27GP850, Dell P2715Q | Misc: Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS

There are quite a few things that irritate me about this sim, but the live weather thing that seems to appear every other day in my opinion is by far the most annoying one!! For me anyways! 

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

52 minutes ago, cmorg said:

As you are entitled to "do what you do" and let us know about it, people who paid for a product are entitled to let others know they are unsatisfied when it doesn't work.  *Crikey*, we spent money on it!

As did i, but i have the capacity to realise that things do get broken at times, and don't spit all the toys out of the pram...at every turn.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

5 minutes ago, Car147 said:

As did i, but i have the capacity to realise that things do get broken at times, and don't spit all the toys out of the pram...at every turn.

But this is an issue that seems to be every other day!! Over a year in after release!!

Edited by flyinpilot212121
  • Like 2

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Just now, flyinpilot212121 said:

But this is an issue that seems to be every other day!

Not for me it's not. Yes like everyone else it's down just now. but prior to that i had no issues flying over the UK or Europe for that matter.

1 hour ago, Car147 said:

Well it certainly does seem like you have the capacity to feel quite high and mighty about not being so bothered by it, I'll absolutely give you that.  Sure things get broken, but when things get broken they should be fixed without delay, or at least addressed in a material way, not a community manager putting some lip-service on the forums.  Were this in my business, if we'd let something that's been an historically persistent issue, and has also seen lengthy outages continue to pop up, we'd have lost our jobs a long time ago.  But, of course, we'd have designed and implemented a redundancy of some kind as well long before we had recurring outages.  In my opinion, this is sad and embarrassing.  

Edited by cmorg
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 2

-C

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, EVGA RTX3080 FTW3 Ultra, 64GB DDR4 @3600MHz

MSFS, XP11, XP12, DCS, IL-2, Falcon BMS, LMNOP

21 minutes ago, Car147 said:

Not for me it's not. Yes like everyone else it's down just now. but prior to that i had no issues flying over the UK or Europe for that matter.

Prior to that I’ve seen it down many many many times..sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t load up, and sometimes it loads up half hour into the flight..there isn't anything that can be said that would convince me that it’s never been an issue before today.

Edited by flyinpilot212121
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

Prior to that I’ve seen it down many many many times..sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t load up, and sometimes it loads up half hour into the flight..sorry but you won’t convince me that it’s never been an issue before today.

Here I fly in Europe only and make 4-5 flights per week. Not in the entire year I have seen not working weather till today ….

MSFS is using probably using Blue Meteo and Blue stands for blue sky…

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

6 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Here I fly in Europe only and make 4-5 flights per week. Not in the entire year I have seen not working weather till today ….

MSFS is using probably using Blue Meteo and Blue stands for blue sky…

I've seen live weather down about 5 times since release.  And being in the USA the weather hasn't been very accurate up until I joined the SU7 recently.  And now it's down hehe.

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |