Sign in to follow this  
WestAir

More NG3 Updates [Jan 17]

10 minutes ago, micstatic said:

That's a good point.  i would rather have it than the -600.  mainly because I think it is the best looking of the family.  I also have no problem flying fictional.  But your point remains.  I don't see too many people buying it.  

I’m a bit of a completionist so will probably buy it anyway but less likely so if it’s the same price as the -800 or -700 (unlikely I think).  I always enjoyed flying it in WeatJet colours. 

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

3 hours ago, Car147 said:

3-2-1 And stage front the  constant whiner's. If your not happy, don't buy.

You're missing the point. People are entitled to their opinions. If you don't agree then fine but respect those who have a different opinion to you.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

You're missing the point. People are entitled to their opinions. If you don't agree then fine but respect those who have a different opinion to you.

That they are, but it's getting a bit stupid now with some of these comments that just seem directed to create confrontation.But hey ho!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

12 minutes ago, EasternT3 said:

Oh yeah, I do think there should be the allowance of skepticism but lets say the issue is VNAV, once they fix it for the 737 then you would hope the 777 and 747 wouldn’t encounter the same issue but yes it all remains to be seen, I’m definitely the opposite of you where I try and be as optimistic as possible.

I am also still sceptical of the the SDK line of thought, RSR has said it isn’t the SDK, Iceman has said the SDK is fine, other devs have said the SDK is now no longer an issue, as far as we are aware, PMDG is the only dev saying there’s an issue and it’s a platform issue.

Now here’s a point for everyone, could the issue be Xbox related? PMDG pulled the DC6 for Xbox due to incompatibility with the platform and it’s known PMDG want to bring the Boeings to Xbox as well at the same time, there’s no eta on the fix for the DC6, is this Xbox platform fix what’s holding up the 737?

I think RSR kind of explained it himself when he said that the PMDG is as complex as no other previous airliner, so it's logical they find limits of the SDK that others have not.
As for the XBOX - no I don't think so, they released the DC6 for PC long before the Xbox release, so I don't think they suddenly care about a parallel release for the 737 when they haven't before.

6 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Except if they mention MSFS on the XP forum. 😂 (It's a joke Ray)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Fiorentoni said:

I think RSR kind of explained it himself when he said that the PMDG is as complex as no other previous airliner, so it's logical they find limits of the SDK that others have not.
As for the XBOX - no I don't think so, they released the DC6 for PC long before the Xbox release, so I don't think they suddenly care about a parallel release for the 737 when they haven't before.

I think FENIX would disagree - from what they have put out the A320 looks and sounds like it will but more complex and that is is running externally so probably won’t have the same issues, but the point stands RSR said literally this morning that it is not SDK related, and that it’s platform, so why are people harping on about the SDK,

With regards to Xbox, things change, the DC6 may have been performing well and that changed PMDGs mind, or it could be something contractual after PMDG signed as a partner, like a parallel release is needed?

4 minutes ago, Car147 said:

That they are, but it's getting a bit stupid now with some of these comments that just seem directed to create confrontation.But hey ho!

It was a statement that you disagreed with. Maybe he's right, maybe he's not. But rather than call people out try discussing it with him. You're more likely to gain their respect with a discussion rather than just criticising them.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I wonder how many people will purchase the 700 because it's the only one available, then rush to purchase the 800 after that because it's the most common variant.

It reminds me of when PMDG made the -200LR the base model for the 777 series. Yes, I know what they said in terms of a single engine modelling making it simpler that way, but it kind of "forced" people who otherwise didn't care about the -200LR to purchase it in order to get the more common (and I'm assuming popular) -300ER model and subsequently the -200ER model. 

• Like 1

The pricing works for me 

I only want the 700 and maybe the 800.. Not interested in the other variants.

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

2 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

It was a statement that you disagreed with. Maybe he's right, maybe he's not. But rather than call people out try discussing it with him. You're more likely to gain their respect with a discussion rather than just criticising them.

True, but i wont hold my breath. Not to  worry no doubt another MSFS news item will no doubt be derailed shortly. It's as if their terrified of the competition.

Edited by Car147
  • Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

It’s obviously people have polar opinions about RSR but linked is a radio interview he did from November and from timestamp 10:00 he talks about pricing and the market, it’s an interesting viewpoint and worth a listen especially for those who think we might see P3D level pricing.

This type of pricing seems way better. If I go with it, that would be for one variant only. 

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

It was mentioned in the article that PMDG feels that it's the -800 variant which everyone really wants.

Since I've not been keeping up with the times when it comes to the commercial aircraft, could you guys educate me as to what the major differences are between the -700 and -800 and why most prefer the -800...and also, why they referred the BBJ as venerable?

2 minutes ago, hangar said:

It was mentioned in the article that PMDG feels that it's the -800 variant which everyone really wants.

Since I've not been keeping up with the times when it comes to the commercial aircraft, could you guys educate me as to what the major differences are between the -700 and -800 and why most prefer the -800...and also, why they referred the BBJ as venerable?

-800 is more common (used by more airlines) than the -700. I think that's what would make it more popular. The differences between the two are mainly in terms of size and payload. 

My friend and neighbor is a retried SWA Captain.

He has a big preference for the -700 because of the higher performance and handling.