Sign in to follow this  
WestAir

More NG3 Updates [Jan 17]

28 minutes ago, Donka said:

If people are impatient, that’s on them.

In this type of scenario I'd rather not be an early adopter.  I'll wait for the 800 or probably more likely the 900 and let it mature a little more can't hurt.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

10 hours ago, ljk811 said:

I boldly predict the price:
737-600: $73.76
737-700: $73.77
737-800: $73.78
737-900: $73.79
The price credit from NGXu purchase must be purchased with at least two 737 variants to use.

Haven't RSR said that if you buy all it will be cheaper than buying just one product of their old pricing policy?

at least I understand it that way: "If you then joined a VA that operates some cool flights in the 800BCF, then you can come back for just the 800 series, and you will still have spent less than you would have under our old pricing."

I don't know P3D prices, since I bought PMDG products only for FS9/FSX/MSFS. However, I remember, that they had charged 40 Dollar or somethings like that for the PMDG 600/700/800/900 bundle for FS9. We probaly won't get back these old prices that PMDG had offered like 15-20 years ago. However, I would appreciate it, if it's going to be similar. Getting the whole 737 Series for under 100$ would be just a dream. Would be 25$ for each bundle. I don't know if that would make any sense in the MSFS market, but I am sure people would buy all of them without thinking deeply about it. Even though I guess a series will be about 30-45$.

haha, I just see now what you're aiming at with your post ^^ Sure, the PMDG 757 will kost 75,70$

4 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

Not that you are incorrect per se, but being happy that the company you buy something from raises the price, because it's a "very good thing" if they make more money, is a slightly strange attitude for a customer, isn't it? Sustainability then again isn't something that depends on "high prices", but rather the right prices to maximize profit. This can be pretty low actually, as they showed with the DC-6.

Its not our problem as customers to worry about sustainability of a company. Our biggest power is the fact that we can choose not to buy the product. Either a company goes out of business or the price gets lowered.

i see your point though too. Pmdg has a monopoly on said airframe within the MSFS environment which in turn lessen our ability to manipulate the market as consumers.

Unfortunately, our hobby and our desires for maximum realism make for extremely high barriers to entry which in turn make for these individual monopolies.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Well time will tell,but I can asure you I will not be eating my words.

We will just have to wait and see what the actual prices are.

But from what I can remember we were told that because p3d did not conform to the entertainment licencing,they would have to charge more for their products on that platform.

Ok thats fine i did'nt like it but i still purchased what i wanted then the move to v4 and you have to buy again. Then you have to buy again if you wanted  the ngx in v5  that was a step to far for me and i did not purchase it and, i will not be either.

Currently the whole package on p3d is $ 187 for the ngx so lets just see how much the whole package costs in msfs. 

My personal guess is it will be either the same price or more.

On this i hope i'm wrong for those that love pmdg and have to have everything they make but i'm not holding my breath on that.

Then watch as Asobo break it for a while and you cannot fly it anyway.

Although i have msfs and use it occasionally it is no where near ready( for how i use my sim) so even if i considered buying pmdg at some point on this platform, it wont be for another year or two and it would only be one of there heavies anyway.

As to pricing time will be the judge.

Pete Little

On 1/18/2022 at 6:05 AM, a321 said:

Why oh why do people keep saying this absolute garbage! There is no badge of honour for hand flying your 737 for 1000nm in real life, you would probably be fired for doing so. VNAN is an important tool, yes of course a pilot should be able to get down without it, as any pilot can get down with 1 or more engines out, they can get down without the AP, but that isnt the point! Do you not watch REAL PILOTS flying the planes in Sims, do they go gee....VNAV is so lame, I need to prove I can fly without it? No they all use it to some degree. So please stop this stupid notion that Auto Pilots and flying a plane with out the automatics is some kind of honourable thing, its silly, it really is. 

If you want a 737 now or want a "Fly now Plane" then buy the bredook 737 and go away!

Totally agree, the autopilot and it's modes are a valuable tool and whilst hand flying is an important skill it would become very tiring in a fast jet if done to often and likely against company guidelines

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

2 hours ago, Jetman67 said:

Totally agree, the autopilot and it's modes are a valuable tool and whilst hand flying is an important skill it would become very tiring in a fast jet if done to often and likely against company guidelines

Yes. When I did my PPL one of my instructors was an EX BA Captain. He was a really nice guy, and would spend hours just talking to me, used to always give me Extra time, and was just a generally great person. He told me many things about his life flying planes for BA. But he always said, there is no badge of honour in hand flying, whilst it is highly important and him being a trainer has kept him sharp and he always encourages pilots to fly the plane when possible, you must always when its safe and correct use every available tool the plane offers to help you fly it. In Summary he said on a 10 hour flight he would hand fly for probably 3-5 mins at best and the rest was all automated. As planes got smarter and more computerised he said he felt that after take off he was merely a systems administrator until the approach and landing phase. Not saying he is right or wrong, but he was highly respected and very professional. 

There's a reason why these are 2 crew aircraft IRL...even with all the automation it still gets busy.  

I guess once you get your first deviation IRL, because you were "hand-flying", you'll learn...ROFL.

It's good to know and practice, but this stuff with people trying to hand fly from cruise all the way down (which is a no-no in the RVSM, BTW) and the other way around is ridiculous.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

13 hours ago, mazelda said:

Well time will tell,but I can asure you I will not be eating my words.

We will just have to wait and see what the actual prices are.

But from what I can remember we were told that because p3d did not conform to the entertainment licencing,they would have to charge more for their products on that platform.

Ok thats fine i did'nt like it but i still purchased what i wanted then the move to v4 and you have to buy again. Then you have to buy again if you wanted  the ngx in v5  that was a step to far for me and i did not purchase it and, i will not be either.

Currently the whole package on p3d is $ 187 for the ngx so lets just see how much the whole package costs in msfs. 

My personal guess is it will be either the same price or more.

On this i hope i'm wrong for those that love pmdg and have to have everything they make but i'm not holding my breath on that.

Then watch as Asobo break it for a while and you cannot fly it anyway.

Although i have msfs and use it occasionally it is no where near ready( for how i use my sim) so even if i considered buying pmdg at some point on this platform, it wont be for another year or two and it would only be one of there heavies anyway.

As to pricing time will be the judge.

Youre gonna buy the thing on Day 1.  I've never been more sure about anything in my life.  

• Upvote 1

I must be one of the few people who flies the -600 more than any of the others. I can get it into smaller airports than the -800. How many airlines fly it in the real world comes rock bottom of my list of requirements.

• Like 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

8 hours ago, JughedJones said:

Youre gonna buy the thing on Day 1.  I've never been more sure about anything in my life.  

Lol, Don't take up gambling, you would lose!!

I've never been a 737 fan anyway So this is no great loss for me

Pete Little