Sign in to follow this  
WestAir

More NG3 Updates [Jan 17]

Everyone in 2020: 

This sim is going to be great to bring a new generation of simmers. We need to collaborate, work together, not be dismissive to one another.... Third party communities' feedback is paramount. Etc. Etc. 

2022: 

• "We can't get in touch with anyone!"
  • "You're wrong. No! You're wrong!"
  • "You don't know how to fly the NG series or understand why we need the client to be updated? Go get BREDOK!"
  • "SHH! No one asked you person that has done the most for the airliner currently available. Stay over there and be quiet! "

I have to laugh at the Back and Forths on this thread. Ok. I got my popcorn refill. Please continue. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

14 minutes ago, Alcides Segovia said:

Everyone in 2020: 

This sim is going to be great to bring a new generation of simmers. We need to collaborate, work together, not be dismissive to one another.... Third party communities' feedback is paramount. Etc. Etc. 

2022: 

• "We can't get in touch with anyone!"
  • "You're wrong. No! You're wrong!"
  • "You don't know how to fly the NG series or understand why we need the client to be updated? Go get BREDOK!"
  • "SHH! No one asked you person that has done the most for the airliner currently available. Stay over there and be quiet! "

I have to laugh at the Back and Forths on this thread. Ok. I got my popcorn refill. Please continue. 

Agree but i'm out of popcorn and this discussion is even worse in the PMDG update January 11 thread. I think I will not click another PMDG thread until March. It's getting pretty stale with Ad Nauseam. I might just follow up on the Fenix discord.

Edited by jbdbow1970

6 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

We are talking about winds aloft data for descent winds (-> VNAV forecast), not the actual active wind.

8 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

Except for: They can't. There is no "access point" for PMDG (or any other custom aircraft) to take any weather data out of the sim, except for the current wind sensed by the aircraft.

Your initial contention in this thread is that not having access to this data for Forecast Decent profiles could be the big limitation that is holding PMDG back. What @JRBarrett and I are saying is that they don't need access to that data at all to implement VNAV.

8 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

So for your other points - of course any serious pilot can get any plane down without VNAV, but this is not the point. You know how much people care about VNAV (just ask the FBW team...).

Correct, that isn't the point, nor was it my point.

This fixation with descent forecast winds is odd.  VNAV in a 737 works just fine even if you never enter descent winds at all; it just assumes a steady gradient from current wind to zero at the surface.  Will this be quite as precise? No, you may end up adding a little more thrust or dragging a little more brake.  But I mean, you'll still be able to use a VNAV path. 

Where greater precision matters in VNAV path is during RNAV and especially RNP approach procedures, down low where the wind doesn't matter much anyway as it's lighter.

The datalinked descent winds are nice to have and I always use them, but there are plenty of operators in the world who never even bother to enter this information. They still use VNAV.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Andrew Crowley

Really pleased to hear that PMDG are going to be going down the detailed cabin/interior route.

This has been commonplace with XPlane 3rd party devs for a long time, I guess due to the performance efficiencies that platform offers, which we also have in MSFS.

It really adds to the immersion for me to know I'm not just flying a cockpit, and that there is a fully modelled and explorable cabin behind me.

The Hot Start CL650 just released in XPlane showed that you can focus on both extreme levels of realism as well as the more non-sim, immersion-related stuff outside the cockpit and aircraft systems, to create an immersive experience.

MSFS is such a realistic looking engine that having these added immersion features is really good news.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Mace said:

No, I wasn't belittling you, and I'm sorry if you took it that way.  I had no idea you were arguing with someone else, and are mad about that.

When I see "peaked" instead of "piqued" it's like fingernails on a chalkboard.  If I had known you were upset with someone I wouldn't have pointed it out.

That ISN'T avsim and it wouldn't matter if I were at the PMDG forum or here.  I would have pointed it out.  Now, if you can't handle that, I cant help you.

No problem, sorry i took it the wrong way, sometimes my thought process is single tracked and in this case it was "if he’s being nice he would have PM’d me” Sorry again

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Agree but i'm out of popcorn and this discussion is even worse in the PMDG update January 11 thread. I think I will not click another PMDG thread until March. It's getting pretty stale with Ad Nauseam. I might just follow up on the Fenix discord.

Don't  worry you will get  your  chance  soon, bound to be another  thread  on pmdg,  gives you  time  to get more pop corn for the read  🙂

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

1 hour ago, EGLD said:

Really pleased to hear that PMDG are going to be going down the detailed cabin/interior route.

This has been commonplace with XPlane 3rd party devs for a long time, I guess due to the performance efficiencies that platform offers, which we also have in MSFS.

It really adds to the immersion for me to know I'm not just flying a cockpit, and that there is a fully modelled and explorable cabin behind me.

The Hot Start CL650 just released in XPlane showed that you can focus on both extreme levels of realism as well as the more non-sim, immersion-related stuff outside the cockpit and aircraft systems, to create an immersive experience.

MSFS is such a realistic looking engine that having these added immersion features is really good news.

I just hope they add a working popcorn dispenser. 👍

• Like 1

Matt Webb

7 hours ago, MrNuke said:

Your initial contention in this thread is that not having access to this data for Forecast Decent profiles could be the big limitation that is holding PMDG back. What @JRBarrett and I are saying is that they don't need access to that data at all to implement VNAV.

Correct, that isn't the point, nor was it my point.

Sure I think we agree on any point, but still we are talking about two different things: You talk about what they „need“, I talk about what they „want“. Knowing PMDG very well from P3D they are rather perfectionist and I‘d think they would rather NOT release the PMDG than release it with a couple of features - no matter how important they are - missing (except for WX radar maybe). That is - as everything written inside this thread - pure speculation or rather experienced-based assumption. I just want to make sure everybody considers PMDG‘s perspective: If they release the 737 without a functioning wind request, most people (especially on MSFS) will either spam their mailbox with „This button does not work“ or - even worse - will use VNAV without knowing they have to adjust manually to the wind and will spam their mailbox with „VNAV doesn‘t work, it gets me down way too early / late“. This means a lot of support will be necessary (which costs money), that could be prevented by waiting until it‘s feature complete.
And additionally PMDG has some image to conserve; until now people buying PMDG expect a complete study level aircraft; not having descent forecast, WX radar or whatever the unknown „blocker“ is, might hurt their image - which in turn could cost them money in the long term etc. etc.
Again I‘m not implying that this IS their mindset, I just want to make aware that there are other factors to consider (mostly the economical kind) than just „what is needed for it to work“. 
But well I am now all into speculation mode, so there is not much sense to continue debating this for me. As I initially said, I think we agree on the pure factous points about the 737, so all is good.

why is the 3rd cabin window painted red in that pic? just curious.. 

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

I boldly predict the price:
737-600: $73.76
737-700: $73.77
737-800: $73.78
737-900: $73.79
The price credit from NGXu purchase must be purchased with at least two 737 variants to use.

14 minutes ago, vin747 said:

why is the 3rd cabin window painted red in that pic? just curious.. 

usually for test equipment which is mounted behind the red window plug. The sensor can be an additional airspeed probe for example.

Edited by SAS443

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

1 hour ago, ljk811 said:

I boldly predict the price:
737-600: $73.76
737-700: $73.77
737-800: $73.78
737-900: $73.79
The price credit from NGXu purchase must be purchased with at least two 737 variants to use.

This seems reasonable and likely.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

New Screenshot (in link from JSmith above):

271714343_621964975551353_77481972999860

• Like 3

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.