Sign in to follow this  
WestAir

More NG3 Updates [Jan 17]

3 hours ago, JSmith2112 said:

Today's update:

Quote: Stick around, we may have some good news for you later this week. This is going to be a busy week for news!

[18JAN22] See? I told you... This was Jason... - PMDG Simulations

Finally. We didn't hear from him in a while.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

They should have just kept the NGX a PC only release and they wouldn't be in this spot right now!

Fenix is having no such issues!

Chris Camp

Effective with this new product line, we are going to break them into body types so that you can purchase just the body type you want. For example, our initial release will focus on the 700 series airframe. It will come with the 737-700 body in a couple of iterations and winglet options. It will also come with the 737-700BCF (also with winglet options) and of course the venerable BBJ with winglet options and the whole fuel tank configuration range.

So, if I want to fly the 700 and 800 series, I have to buy the plane twice now for full price instead of just an upgrade?

Man that stinks!

• Like 1

Chris Camp

8 hours ago, pete_auau said:

Don't  worry you will get  your  chance  soon, bound to be another  thread  on pmdg,  gives you  time  to get more pop corn for the read  🙂

Unfortunately I think you're right, LoL.

I laugh at people that have only purchased the PMDG 737 twice....I think I am up to 4 already and we haven't even got to MSFS (I am sure most of you are in the same boat).

• Like 2

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

54 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

So, if I want to fly the 700 and 800 series, I have to buy the plane twice now for full price instead of just an upgrade?

Man that stinks!

What if the price of both the 700 and 800 together are still less than what the base packs have cost for P3d/FSX?

no one knows the pricing yet. Its frustrating not having all the information to make informed purchasing decisions. 

im apprehensive as well.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

1 hour ago, MarkW said:

I laugh at people that have only purchased the PMDG 737 twice....I think I am up to 4 already and we haven't even got to MSFS (I am sure most of you are in the same boat).

Yup and I somehow missed getting my PMDG punch card lol.  

Anyone remember when the original NGX was released…these forums kept crashing there was so much anticipation of the announcement on PMDG’s then official forum here.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

On 1/17/2022 at 4:10 AM, mazelda said:

Sorry, as far as i can see this is another money grab opertunity.

He/they know full well they cannot charge the prices that they used in p3d but the obvious way round that is what they are planning. So instead of charging around 100$ for 2 variations of the hull that they know a lot of newcomers will probably shy away from, then they're going to try the tact of lets charge around 50$ for 1 hull type and get multiples of there off for each type.

So in theory they end up with even more cash for the same hull ie in p3d for example around 100$ for base package 2 hull types and the addon hulls about 40$ so 4 hulls.

Under this idea 4 hulls at  say 50$ each equals 200$, so more profit.

So for me, just be open and honest about the real reasons for changing the pricing structure

To quote  the dragons den tv program  "I'm out". In regards to pmdg in msfs.

I will stick with what i have in p3d  for serious simming, and let the xbox sim do it own thing and they can have their gravy train cash. But none of that cash will be from me other  than what i paid for when the sim was released.

You sound resentful they are trying to do as well as possible financially, as if they owe simmers something else.  Plus we don't even know what they will do when it's released initially.  It's entirely possible your example of '$50 each' is not going the be the case at all--they may well decide if sales are robust enough to offer variants at a substantial discount for buyers who paid full fare for an initial 737.  In fact, their 6-week spacing may well be acting as a trial balloon at some level so they can react to the actual market appropriately to maximize sales because only this mindset will keep PMDG afloat as aren't a non-profit entity.  I for one am very glad they're trying their best to be market-smart because that equates to greater sustainability for PMDG, which is a very good thing as I see it.  I predict you'll eat these words fairly soon:  "I'm out". In regards to pmdg in msfs.

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

18 minutes ago, Noel said:

You sound resentful they are trying to do as well as possible financially, as if they owe simmers something else.  Plus we don't even know what they will do when it's released initially.  It's entirely possible your example of '$50 each' is not going the be the case at all--they may well decide if sales are robust enough to offer variants at a substantial discount for buyers who paid full fare for an initial 737.  In fact, their 6-week spacing may well be acting as a trial balloon at some level so they can react to the actual market appropriately to maximize sales because only this mindset will keep PMDG afloat as aren't a non-profit entity.  I for one am very glad they're trying their best to be market-smart because that equates to greater sustainability for PMDG, which is a very good thing as I see it.  I predict you'll eat these words fairly soon:  "I'm out". In regards to pmdg in msfs.

Not that you are incorrect per se, but being happy that the company you buy something from raises the price, because it's a "very good thing" if they make more money, is a slightly strange attitude for a customer, isn't it? Sustainability then again isn't something that depends on "high prices", but rather the right prices to maximize profit. This can be pretty low actually, as they showed with the DC-6.

• Like 1

I don't think it's practicable to add up all variants into one and with each going for the same price and make an argument with that. In reality, I would assume the picture is vastly different as I imagine only very few people will actually buy the entire scope of the 737 series. Most are interested in the pax 800 for obvious reasons, with a lot less people interested in the 700 and 900 and especially the BBJ, P-8, freighter, etc. So most people are going to have to spent less than for P3D and will also be able to pick up only the variant they're actually after.

Previously, you would often end up having to spend money on variants you weren't interested in just to get that one you wanted. Even if you bought only the base package, those who were only after the 800 would still end up paying for the 900 too regardless of whether they were interested in it or not. This is obviously even worse for those favoring the 700 since it's an expansion only. The same goes for the 777 and 747 package. Just like you would end up having to buy the CS 767 base package only to get the popular freighter.

I would also expect the 600 for example to be priced differently than the 800. If they want to make a decent profit out of the 600, they're going to have to sell that for less due to the difference in popularity and also because the 800 includes the freighter and the BBJ so that comes with more content. In this case you wouldn't just total up the same price for each variant but one or two 'normal' prices plus one or two lower prices which in the end would result in a lower total.

In short, people will be able to spend less and only on the content they actually want. Adding up all the variants is realistically, I would guess, only going to apply to a select few and that just sounds like a case of can't please everyone. Although PMDG have said they may consider a bundle discount after some users asked about it. Then you have to factor in that many people will also still get the discount from the NGXu purchase and that prices overall will most likely be lower than for P3D. TFDi are doing something similar for the MD-11 where you can select either the pax or the freighter version as your base package and the other one as an expansion.

These new pricing schemes that are coming up lately are overall much more consumer friendly than previously. I'm not sure why anyone would see this as a worse situation.

Edited by threegreen
  • Upvote 2

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

9 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

I just want to make sure everybody considers PMDG‘s perspective: If they release the 737 without a functioning wind request, most people (especially on MSFS) will either spam their mailbox with „This button does not work“ or - even worse - will use VNAV without knowing they have to adjust manually to the wind and will spam their mailbox with „VNAV doesn‘t work, it gets me down way too early / late“.

VNAV PATH is a geometric path, it will always take you to the same point in space.  Thus there will be no getting down early or late; you'll always arrive at the next constraint on altitude.  The lack of wind data just means the pilot flying may have to manage speed a bit more actively, by either adding thrust or dragging brake.  But VNAV is entirely usable without descent forecast wind data; it just assumes a smooth gradient from present wind at present altitude to zero wind at surface.

There are many operators who never even look at the descent forecasts page; they still use VNAV.  There are many more who do enter descent winds manually, but do not pay for the uplinked winds data.  Just like cruise winds uplinks, it's nice to have but in no way unrealistic to not have.  I can't imagine PMDG holding up a release for it. 

I agree with your overall take that PMDG does not want to release an unfinished product, but I can't believe the holdup would be something so nonessential; a QOL item vs an actual fundamental issue.  I really do think, from reading everything Randazzo writes, that it has more to do with PMDG ultimately intending their products to run on xbox as well as PC; thus they are constrained to "inside the box" solutions in a way that other devs like the Fenix and FBW teams are not.  Watching Randazzo admonish the FBW guy for commenting while under false assumptions was fun.  😉

• Upvote 1

Andrew Crowley

On 1/17/2022 at 1:02 PM, teletom said:

So why not bring out the 800 first then? 
Can't wait six weeks, so have to buy the 700 as well .... 🙂

Cos most want only the 800. so this move will make impatient people buy two models. word not allowed move but profit 

Lukas Dalton

What I'm most curious about is that whether there will be a coupon code for those of us that purchased the NGXu for P3D while the NG3 offer still existed. Will it automatically grant us access to the NG3 of all variants or just one and with the impaitence of most of us - yes I am admitting I am starting to really crave the NG3 for MSFS...I am sure if that is the case 99% will just get the 700 and have to pay full price for the rest.

The above is just speculation as we haven't heard anything official from RSR about how its going to go down. I for one will definetly be purchasing the 737-700 on day one and then the 800/900 when that releases, as for the 600 I never used the 600 with the original NGX so that can stay as is.

20 minutes ago, DaWu said:

Cos most want only the 800. so this move will make impatient people buy two models. word not allowed move but profit 

If people are impatient, that’s on them. If they choose to buy something they don’t want, why would a seller change their stance?

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

I find it odd that people would get bent out of shape about the -700 being first.  Sure many would probably prefer the -800 first but lots of -700s are in use IRL…it’s not an obscure variant and it’s not like they said they’d release the -600 first.  Now THAT would be a money grab on the impatient (counting myself as one BTW).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU