Sign in to follow this  
threexgreen

TFDi MD-11 Pricing Announced (Base $89.99)

3 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

MSFS is miles ahead of any other home  sim I have flown, and I have flown them all. You can't compare a home sim with something like a sim built by CAE, at around $25,000,000 . 

I'm happy you have your opinion...

I too have mine.

And there are a great many commercial simulators in the sub 25 mil bracket that are not at all shallow.

Cheers

Edited by Rogen

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

15 minutes ago, Rogen said:

Sure, looking pretty attracts the plebs but ultimately the experience is shallow as it stands now.

“Attracts the plebs”?

Some of you guys seem to have real personality problems.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 6

1 minute ago, DD_Arthur said:

“Attracts the plebs”?

And MSFS's good looks did not attract you ??

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

7 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

“Attracts the plebs”?

Some of you guys seem to have real personality problems.

He's obviously a real Hardcore Simmer™ and has the most exacting of standards. Only a technological marvel like P3D will quench his thirst for realism. 

• Like 1

Former Child, Current Adult

10 minutes ago, Rogen said:

And MSFS's good looks did not attract you ??

The ability to create a convincing experience of flight on a desktop pc is what attracted me. 

It’s why I also have DCS, IL2 and Xplane on my pc but that’s beside the point; why do you feel the need to denigrate other users with such pejorative  terms?

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Rogen said:

I'm happy you have your opinion...

I too have mine.

And there are a great many commercial simulators in the sub 25 mil bracket that are not at all shallow.

Cheers

I never said there were less expensive sims that were shallow, I am talking about comparing a home sim to commercial sims , and for home sims, MSFS 2020 is the best I have seen. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

3 minutes ago, liamp51 said:

He's obviously a real Hardcore Simmer™ and has the most exacting of standards. Only a technological marvel like P3D will quench his thirst for realism. 

P3D,  talk about 20 year old FSX technology with some lipstick.. 😉

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

So the issue is whether it warrants it or not systems wise I don't see an MD11 at $90 competing well with a Concorde at almost 1/2 the price...  Both are niche aircraft, both require a time investment to learn the appropriate systems but at least the Concorde has the name and the history behind it...  MD-11 not to take anything away from it technologically, it's a magnificent bird has never been a mass appealer so to then price it double the Concorde makes it a tough sale from my perspective.  

Meanwhile on sunk costs they are talking about the FSL Concorde at $500 in the P3D forums and some actually suggesting that's palatable.  Generally though as price increases especially relative to competition target market decreases.   So price it at $90 and get 250 sales or price it at $45 and get 600 sales but then support costs go up as well.  It's not always a linear model.    

Edit:  If you are pricing them the same across multiple platforms that also implies a minimum of feature parity.  

Edited by psolk
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

2 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I never said there were less expensive sims that were shallow, I am talking about comparing a home sim to commercial sims , and for home sims, MSFS 2020 is the best I have seen. 

No need to get defensive about your life/sim choices.

We all are who we are.

Cheers

39 minutes ago, Rogen said:

Sure, looking pretty attracts the plebs but ultimately the experience is shallow as it stands now.

Well that is actually cute and pathetic at the same time. 

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

1 minute ago, Swe_Richard said:

Well that is actually cute and pathetic at the same time.

And MSFS's good looks were not an initital attraction for yourself ?

How good MSFS looks was a very heavy part of MS's promotion.

Cheers

How the actual word not allowed has this become yet another sim vs sim thread?

Word not allowed me, doesn't anyone else find it so incredibly dull?

• Like 6
  • Upvote 5

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

12 minutes ago, liamp51 said:

Making assumptions often leads one down the garden path in the wrong direction.

One should not assume anything lest the choice made on assumption fail.

Cheers

3 minutes ago, F737NG said:

Was just wondering why I actually posted about the topic at hand...   Like whispering please take your seats while two side scream at each other over you LOL   I know there are 3 of us interested in the actual post LOL

Edited by psolk
  • Like 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

3 minutes ago, F737NG said:

Heh, I've often wonders does the system replace F-U types with "Word not allowed", I've never has such occur in any of my posts.

Cheers