Sign in to follow this  
vcarlo

Fly Tampa KBOS RELEASED !

1 hour ago, HiFlyer said:

I did until I deleted the content XML, which usually tends to clear up that sort of thing.

I have never done this - why should it be done?

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

38 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

I have never done this - why should it be done?

Well.....

Theoretically, since MSFS moves all newly downloaded addons to the end of the Content XML, messing with it should not do very much. In practice however, many have found that it can apparently get a bit out of order, listing as active and available addons that may in fact have long since been deleted/removed.

Again theoretically not a problem, but in practice people have found that deleting the file and having MSFS rebuild it with the latest information can sometimes put a stop to otherwise untraceable CTD's.

This is also explicitly mentioned as a concern to those using Navigraph, as that addons files apparently need to be in a specific place in the ContentXML order, and that place can be lost occasionally as things are added and removed by time, updates, and things like addon linker.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

1 hour ago, HiFlyer said:

Well.....

Theoretically, since MSFS moves all newly downloaded addons to the end of the Content XML, messing with it should not do very much. In practice however, many have found that it can apparently get a bit out of order, listing as active and available addons that may in fact have long since been deleted/removed.

Again theoretically not a problem, but in practice people have found that deleting the file and having MSFS rebuild it with the latest information can sometimes put a stop to otherwise untraceable CTD's.

This is also explicitly mentioned as a concern to those using Navigraph, as that addons files apparently need to be in a specific place in the ContentXML order, and that place can be lost occasionally as things are added and removed by time, updates, and things like addon linker.

Where do you find the Content XML for MSFS2020, might be a way to clear up a problem with the AIGTech Traffic Controller, my problem was never solved by Kiii3 and the logs looked fine. Btw, AIGTech Traffic Manager works without administrative approval (but not with)?

Edited by SP2472

7 minutes ago, SP2472 said:

Where do you find the Content XML for MSFS2020, might be a way to clear up a problem with the AIGTech Traffic Controller, my problem was never solved by Kiii3 and the logs looked fine. Btw, AIGTech Traffic Manager works without administrative approval (but not with)?

Probably in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

5 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Probably in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

I'll check again, I've already looked there.

Thanks again, Darryl

Perhaps this should be posted on their forums so they can actually hear about it and respond?

- Aaron

IF the problem is fixed by deleting and allowing content.xml to rebuild,  it's not a FT issue, or something they need to respond to.  that's the sort of thing where the culprit is just the chaos of the sim managing many content addons from 1,432 different sources that all dip their toes into the same bucket.  

11 hours ago, espent said:

Same here. I am on SU9 Beta.

same same

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

14 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Well.....

Well, I deleted it and I was very surprised to have an increase in fps and smoothness.  Maybe some rogue entries in there.

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Is there a requirement to manually remove any Asobo KBOS before installing the FlyTampa version??

T45

3 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Well, I deleted it and I was very surprised to have an increase in fps and smoothness.  Maybe some rogue entries in there.

An addendum to sim hygiene along similar lines is to always delete Asobo airports when you add a third party replacement. An example would be removing Asobo LOWI when/if you grab the Orbx version, etc.

Again, I have found that weird hangs/ctds can sometimes be avoided this way, even if theoretically it should not cause an issue.

• Like 1

Devons rig

10 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

Is there a requirement to manually remove any Asobo KBOS before installing the FlyTampa version??

T45

To be clear, I think only bespoke Asobo airports should probably (just being through/safe) be removed via the content manager when replacing them with third party alternatives. (Somebody please correct if this is wrong)

nFmPYR.png

Edited by HiFlyer

Devons rig

There is only a problem when Asobo airports (handcrafted) are loaded at a higher priority than the 3rd party one. This can be easily the case after a world update. That's usually why deleting the content.xml helps, because it will regenerate correctly with the Asobo stuff at a lower priority.

26 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

T45

There is no handcrafted KBOS, there's nothing to remove.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 2

Airport looks great, I was seeing smooth mid 20’s for FPS using the CRJ and with AIG running, comparable to my other large airport experiences.  

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU