Sign in to follow this  
rfelger

PMDG 737 RELEASE NEXT WEEK!!

And still no price. Hahah getting the popcorn ready when they announce a 120€ price. You only keep bad news hidden for so long as they do. if it would be 59€ we would have known for weeks 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Lukas Dalton

3 minutes ago, DaWu said:

And still no price. Hahah getting the popcorn ready when they announce a 120€ price. You only keep bad news hidden for so long as they do. if it would be 59€ we would have known for weeks 

It will be under $100 USD. Randazzo was asked if the PMDG 737 would cost more than $100 USD in the fall of last year and Randazzo said people would be presently surprised by the price:

John- I think you will be pleased with the re-think of pricing. The development of a product line for MSFS has given us a rare chance to re-think many established processes. More to come on that topic at a later date. - RSR

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

$79.99 for the first variant; $29.99 for each additional one.  Magic 8 ball says…..

• Like 1

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

6 minutes ago, Gilandred said:

$79.99 for the first variant; $29.99 for each additional one.  Magic 8 ball says…..

No, because the Marketplace doesn’t allow for that kind of pricing scheme. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gilandred said:

How can the additional ones be $29.99 when they are complete packages and don't need a base. You are thinking as if it was P3D when it comes to pricing. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 5

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

9 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

How can the additional ones be $29.99 when they are complete packages and don't need a base. You are thinking as if it was P3D when it comes to pricing. 

Selling a complete package isn’t mutually exclusive with discounted pricing for multiple purchases.  This is my guess and we’ll all soon find out.

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

14 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

No, because the Marketplace doesn’t allow for that kind of pricing scheme. 

Source?

Gary

Woo hoo!  Winds North, 10 knots.  Cleared for take off........!

Darn ill be on vacation in Hawaii. I was hoping it would be this weekend. I think I'll live to wait 2 weeks to buy a toy airplane on a computer ...by then I'll have the scoop on what's broken.

CRJ is $60 and MD-83 is $80.  I'm gonna say 69.99.  60 would be a good deal, 80 is a steep but doable. 

I spent a couple hours on plane spotters and flight aware planning new B737 routes.  Turns out the -700 is still use on a lot of routes and quite a few airlines still have -700s kicking around.  

Fun fact I did not know: Southwest Airlines has more than double the amount of -700s than -800s. 422 is a lot of -700s

Edited by aniiran
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Gilandred said:

It won't happen, Rob said that each variant will be a stand alone.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, aniiran said:

Darn ill be on vacation in Hawaii.

How horrible.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

5 minutes ago, aniiran said:

I'm gonna say 69.99.  60 would be a good deal, 80 is a steep but doable. 

And more expensive than P3D in the long run.

If you add up all the packages prices of the P3D version, then divide it by variants, each are less than 47$. I am sure it will be more for the new MSFS version.

Makes the strategy to sell the -700 and -600 before the -800 and the delay of 6 weeks between release sounds way more profitable for PMDG.

32 minutes ago, Gilandred said:

Source?

The head of PMDG said that each version will be a standalone product, which will be the same price as other variants. So, even if thats not true, it doesn't matter because RSR has already confirmed. 

11 minutes ago, bendead said:

It won't happen, Rob said that each variant will be a stand alone.

Did he really say that, or just that there would be no “base product” required before purchasing an “expansion.”  There’s a subtle difference between that and a discounted pricing scheme, but it’s there nonetheless.

Gary

2 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

will be the same price as other variants.

I don’t think he specifically said that, but I’d be happy to be proven wrong.

Gary