Sign in to follow this  
btacon

Anyone Else No Sales Confirmation EMAIL from PMDG?

Got it working but it's late here and time for bed.

Good luck to those still struggling to download.

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

IMO, professionalism is out the window.

They enabled the download, but it still stuck trying to authenticate.

The sun will come out tomorrow. 😀

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

3 minutes ago, btacon said:

THAT was the “Professional Shine” I was speaking of. They used to imply they were something special. Now, especially according to the accept anything crew, they are nothing more than game makers. Games. Nothing more nothing less, and bush league at delivery to boot. 

You really seemed to be irked and I suppose you think you're actually making a point that many will take seriously (which is adorable)... perhaps you should start up your own hype train with ramblings about professional shines lost and such.

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

14 minutes ago, btacon said:

PMDG just lost their “Professional Shine”.  I wonder how many will now balk at the silly “we’re all professional here.  Full names required” nonsense.

Wait, now you're talking about them requiring full names on their own forums? And that is in some way tied to their level of professionalism? I think it'd be best if you went for a walk or something. Your contradicting yourself here and there and making statements that don't add up. When I get frustrated, I usually go for a walk, with a beer. Works every time. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, btacon said:

Well as good as it may be for all of those at PMDG with their new cars and vacations, I'm still out $69.95, it has been about 70 min now and I still got bumpkis.  Got an email.  Nothing more. 

My feedback to Robert R below.  It is a comment from me in response to his big SOS NOTAM he has had to post at top of PMDG forums

-B

Robert, sincere feedback. Towards the end of the "Promo" the internet was having some fun at PMDG expense. Many found it boring, and said they would not buy today. This was especially true outside of CONUS. The result of these antics is clearly a Big Egg on PMDG face. I got an email, but nothing else. I can go no farther. I'm not isolated. I'm one of many.

Bad Form PMDG. Bad Form

You accuse PMDG of bad form and having egg on their face, yet you tried to download one of the most anticipated addon aircraft at the moment of release and expected perfection.  You sir are incredibly word not allowed of how the world works.

• Like 2

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Have read on various other mediums that pop-up blockers are a no-no when trying to download this bird. Disable them and you may get some success.  

i9-13900K | 6400MHz DDR5 (32GB) | GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | ViewSonic 27in QHD VA 165Hz Curved | Windows 10 |

MSFS Premium Deluxe | PMDG 737 | PMDG 777 | Horizon 787-9

Marc

OK ... I get the errors in the pop-up ... then an email with a code - but the pop-up still goes to the "send email" version.

UPDATE: All good now ... looks like the authentication process is now working 🙂 Actual file download now works!

Edited by Adamski_NZ

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

47 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

Wait, now you're talking about them requiring full names on their own forums? And that is in some way tied to their level of professionalism? I think it'd be best if you went for a walk or something. Your contradicting yourself here and there and making statements that don't add up. When I get frustrated, I usually go for a walk, with a beer. Works every time. 

Please. To All who feel compelled to yell at me, please stick to the facts and consider them before you speak. 

Bdub22, that IS your full name?  No?  Well then you get NO SUPPORT for your paid PMDG product. Many PMDG customers balk at this needless display of PII in a Public Forum. Sure, give your name at registration but to require it in public posts?  Many many balk at it and rightfully so. PMDG response is “We are All Professionals here so we use full and last name here in our support forum.”

So before all you piler-oners give me a bunch of sanctimonious yada yada' at least have the courage to use your full name 

Last response,

-Braun Tacon

Edited by btacon

5 minutes ago, btacon said:

Bdub22, that IS your full name?  No?  Well then you get NO SUPPORT for your paid PMDG product.

Of course that isn't my full name. However, when I interact with people on their forums, I do post my real name, as that is their forums policy. Also, you're not being truthful. If you want support, you're supposed to put a support ticket in with the actual support team. Quit being overly dramatic. 

1 minute ago, Bdub22 said:

If you want support, you're supposed to put a support ticket in with the actual support team. Quit being overly dramatic

Fair enough and technical support is still available via Support Ticket but most people don’t open up PMDG Support Tickets to get help on “How do I enable the hydronic pump II”?  Most people just want to go to a forum, ask a question, get an answer and move on. Most people don’t want to give their real names in public forums and rightfully so. Quit being so naïve concerning identity and PII

My words stand

-B

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, btacon said:

My words stand

You can keep on saying this on every one of your posts but it's not going to change anything. PMDG asks everyone to post their full names on the forum to ensure people that have stolen their products, don't get service or support. You ok with people stealing someone else's hard work? If you don't like that, then you can send a support ticket and your issue will likely get a response quickly. Trust me, your name is all over the internet - in places you have you no idea. But sure, go on and continue to rant about a small flight simulation company trying to protect its intellectual property. How does your word stand on that?

Edited by Bdub22

6 minutes ago, btacon said:

Fair enough and technical support is still available via Support Ticket but most people don’t open up PMDG Support Tickets to get help on “How do I enable the hydronic pump II”?  Most people just want to go to a forum, ask a question, get an answer and move on. Most people don’t want to give their real names in public forums and rightfully so. Quit being so naïve concerning identity and PII

My words stand

-B

Put a support ticket in then you will not need to put your full name on their forum - everybody has the same choice if they are worried about using their full name. Pretty simple really, so why you keep ranting about it is anybody's guess.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

26 minutes ago, btacon said:

Bdub22, that IS your full name?  No?  Well then you get NO SUPPORT for your paid PMDG product. Many PMDG customers balk at this needless display of PII in a Public Forum. Sure, give your name at registration but to require it in public posts?  Many many balk at it and rightfully so. PMDG response is “We are All Professionals here so we use full and last name here in our support forum.”

Just wanted to clarify for anyone reading this.

:"No support" if you don't use your full name on the forum is not true.

My employer discourages the use of our full names on the internet. As such, I am a non-posting member of the PMDG forum. I have opened support tickets with PMDG, and I have received support via email. 

Edited by MDFlier
  • Like 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

6 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

But sure, go on and continue to rant about a small flight simulation company trying to protect its intellectual property. How does your word stand on that?

Dude, this has nothing to do with theft, it has to do with product delivery. Period

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, btacon said:

Dude, this has nothing to do with theft, it has to do with product delivery. Period

Dude, false. 

Ok, I'm done having senseless arguments with you. Go ahead and have the last word...

• Like 1