Sign in to follow this  
RALF9636

Fenix and performance

5 minutes ago, Claudius_ said:

It is not for my standards, it is not "silky" smooth, and appears that terrain and clouds rendering are strongly reduced, and he runs an excellent RTX 3080Ti.

have you actually  got  the  fenix at all, since your  posting   what your  seeing  on utube

• Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

1 minute ago, pete_auau said:

have you actually  got  the  fenix at all, since your  posting   what your  seeing  on utube

So, if I buy the Fenix A320, it will become magically silky smooth on my pc, but my YT videos will continue to stutter? Sorry, I don't think so.

At this moment I don't like the Fenix A320 because it's very heavy on fps, and you can't run it without a working EFB.

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

You don't need a working EFB, it just allows importing flight plans and doing performance calculations. You can do all that stuff manually if preferred. The performance element, it is heavier on FPS than anything else I have by some margin, but it isn't unflyable. The update has certainly made it run a bit better but I have yet to re-enable AI traffic.

• Like 2

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Someone here wrote different regarding a working EFB, but good to know. The flyability and the fps smoothness are 2 strictly linked different matters.

37 minutes ago, Claudius_ said:

So, if I buy the Fenix A320, it will become magically silky smooth on my pc, but my YT videos will continue to stutter? Sorry, I don't think so.

At this moment I don't like the Fenix A320 because it's very heavy on fps, and you can't run it without a working EFB.

Just don't buy it then, but stop telling everyone how bad it is, when you don't have a clue. 

• Like 8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

22 minutes ago, Claudius_ said:

if I buy the Fenix A320, it will become magically silky smooth on my pc, but my YT videos will continue to stutter? Sorry, I don't think so.

Like @pete_auau says, watching on YouTube doesn't tell the whole story.

Your favourite content provider, demonstrating a complex airliner and complex scenery, while also running video capturing software, will always demonstrate a flawed experience.
The extra strain on their PC when using recording software makes the whole scenario more stuttery.

Also, do you know the full settings choices that they use in MSFS? Are they limiting FPS correctly for their system? What other processes are running in the background? etc.

YouTube / Twitch / Vimeo is always no more than a guide, not a 1:1 representation of what to expect.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

Just don't buy it then, but stop telling everyone how bad it is, when you don't have a clue. 

You guys and your feedbacks are my clues, and I thank you very much.

39 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

You don't need a working EFB, it just allows importing flight plans and doing performance calculations. You can do all that stuff manually if preferred. The performance element, it is heavier on FPS than anything else I have by some margin, but it isn't unflyable. The update has certainly made it run a bit better but I have yet to re-enable AI traffic.

I have a middle of the road PC, I have everything on as it was before I got the Fenix including Live Traffic and Simple Traffic, I get a solid 30 FPS locked, and I got that flying in an out of Atlanta Yesterday. It does much better than my DC6. The A 320 is as smooth a silk. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I have a ASUS i5 computer with 32gb and Nvidia 1070... I use to fly without livetraffic, no AI, no roadtraffic and level of detail etc set to 100 and no "extra stuff" Will i be good to go with the Fenix you guys think? 

Best regards

Buspelle 

9 minutes ago, buspelle said:

I have a ASUS i5 computer with 32gb and Nvidia 1070... I use to fly without livetraffic, no AI, no roadtraffic and level of detail etc set to 100 and no "extra stuff" Will i be good to go with the Fenix you guys think? 

This is from the Fenix website:

Minimum System Requirements

Operating System: Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core i5-7500 | AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Memory: 8GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GTX 970 | AMD Radeon RX 580
Storage Requirements: 1.6GB download, 5.2GB when installed.
Required Software: Microsoft Flight Simulator

Depends on what i5 CPU you have, but could be OK.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

6 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

Have you tried „verify setup“ in the AIG manager?

Thanks a lot! Now you gave me hope. I'll try it as soon as I get back home.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

As per my original post for me the Fenix is almost the same performance as the AS CRJ ( which is very good) and significantly better than the FBW.

Of course that doesn't mean it is like that on every system.  From reading some of the user reports here I assume the Fenix performs relatively better on CPU limited systems than it does on GPU limited systems (VR!).

But to say the Fenix generally had performance issues is misleading to say the least.

Edited by RALF9636

4 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

Does anybody read my original post?

For me the Fenix is almost the same performance as the AS CRJ ( which is very good) and significantly better than the FBW.

Of course that doesn't mean it is like that on every system.  From reading some of the user reports here I assume the Fenix performs relatively better on CPU limited systems than it does on GPU limited systems (VR!).

But to say the Fenix generally had performance issues is misleading to say the least.

As any deep systems aircraft the Fenix is largely limited by the CPU. Now this might be different in VR, but that's an edge case.

1 hour ago, Claudius_ said:

You guys and your feedbacks are my clues, and I thank you very much.

What's wrong with you? Are you looking for a reason to not buy it because you don't have the money?
It has as much / as little stutter on the ground as the 737, depending on your settings (AI traffic), location etc., and it's smooth in the air like the 737. No idea why you think all the people who bought it are suddenly lying when they say it's smooth. We paid our own money, why should we be lying?
Also what on earth makes you think it's not "flyable"?

Edited by Fiorentoni
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

So the update helped?

After watching this video:

I'm getting it sooner than later.

Edited by DJJose
link

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.