Sign in to follow this  
RALF9636

Fenix and performance

Overcast and raining into EGBB tonight, live weather, performace was perfect.

Flight-Simulator-0f-LPKuvp9p.png

Taxi in

Flight-Simulator-fyss-TZlm96.png

Flight-Simulator-Uf3-Qf-IAu1-K.png

• Like 10

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I am cruising now at FL240, CPU 25%, GPU 52%, RAM 73%. Vram 50%, Smooth as silk , locked at 30 FPS. Both external view and on the flight deck. 😀

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 hours ago, Nyxx said:

I wounder how long till others follow this amazing performance innovation.

I just enabled my onboard GPU and set display rendering to that with a 'Balanced' setting.  Wow.....I think this was the trick! Displays are much smoother than before when I was running GPU/Performance. iGPU running at 45% on Balanced and it was around 80% on Quality but to be honest I cannot even tell the difference visually.  Will likely keep it on Balanced for now...

• Like 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

These Youtube videos are a great help in piloting this aircraft. Been watching some of them multiple times, and every view I pick up a couple of things. This A 320 is without a doubt "study level",  

• Like 9

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

These Youtube videos are a great help in piloting this aircraft. Been watching some of them multiple times, and every view I pick up a couple of things. This A 320 is without a doubt "study level",  

I'm glad you have so much fun, Bob. There's nothing like studying for a study level aircraft 🙂

• Like 2

Just now, Fiorentoni said:

I'm glad you have so much fun, Bob. There's nothing like studying for a study level aircraft 🙂

Last one I flew like this was years ago, the PMDG 737. I actually like flying this Airbus much better, which has really surprised me. This aircraft warns you if you are not paying attention..,   😉

• Like 1

I would love to see Self-Loading Cargo Integration with the EFB. For now I'll just use the EFB info and copy to SLC.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Just now, DJJose said:

I would love to see Self-Loading Cargo Integration with the EFB. For now I'll just use the EFB info and copy to SLC.

Self loading cargo hasn't had any update since 2020, I think you're gonna wait a long time for this...

• Like 2

One problem I had was getting the Altitude knob to switch from 1000 foot to 100 ft increments. I finally found the click spot, which is really small, around the outside ring at 7 o'clock. Mpve around there and you will see the hand come up, and then you can click the range on the adjust knobs. 

29 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Self loading cargo hasn't had any update since 2020, I think you're gonna wait a long time for this...

It works without any update. I just need to manually input number of passengers, airport, and departure time. I like that soundpacks are customizable.

BTW, how do I make the information on the VC sharper or easier to read? It's not as clear as in the YT videos I've been watching. Thanks!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

The way the EFB is set out for the passenger and fuel loading and the flight status with the time countdown, together with the ACARS messages you get make this such an immersive aircraft! It's simulating more than just flying the plane, it feels like you're actually operating a real flight.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

Has anyone else noticed that when you import a Simbrief Flight Plan, it always leaves off the last waypoint that it inserts in the FMC? 

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

Agreed. Maybe poke the devs in the discord and see if they wouldn't add some integration - or at the very very least - connect the seat belt sign to the same toggle the FBW uses, which triggers the seatbelts in SLC.

As for Dave updating SLC to 1.6, I think he's given up. It's been an "imminent release!" since August of 2020, with "Coming out in days!" announcements every 3-5 months since.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

33 minutes ago, DJJose said:

It works without any update. I just need to manually input number of passengers, airport, and departure time. I like that soundpacks are customizable.

BTW, how do I make the information on the VC sharper or easier to read? It's not as clear as in the YT videos I've been watching. Thanks!

Double post but I think this has to do with "Quality, Balanced, Performance" settings in the Fenix App? I use Quality and the screens are pixel sharp.

However, on the FBW, my display resolution entirely depends on my render scaling. (I have to use 100% render scaling at 4k to have clarity on my specific monitor, or else it's blurry)

• Like 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

53 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Has anyone else noticed that when you import a Simbrief Flight Plan, it always leaves off the last waypoint that it inserts in the FMC? 

Are you talking about the STAR? If so, the SIDs and STARs are not imported but have to be entered manually.

Ryan