Sign in to follow this  
RALF9636

Fenix and performance

40 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

For Beers, my pick is Montreal.. La Fin du Monde. https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/22/34/

Montreal, another fantastic city. Is this beer available in the U.S.? If so I'd love to pick some up. Been to every major city in Canada besides Ottawa, which I plan on hitting this summer, along with Montreal & Quebec City (it's been a while since I've been back). The drive across western Canada on the YellowHead Highway is about as good as it gets.

Just answered my own question, La Fin Du Monde is available at some of the Binny's in Chicagoland. I know where I am going this weekend. Thanks for the tip!

Cheers, Pete

Edited by PilotPete99
  • Like 1

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

12 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

Montreal, another fantastic city. Is this beer available in the U.S.? If so I'd love to pick some up. Been to every major city in Canada besides Ottawa, which I plan on hitting this summer, along with Montreal & Quebec City (it's been a while since I've been back. The drive across western Canada on the YellowHead Highway is about as good as it gets.

Just answered my own question, La Fin Du Monde is available at some of the Binny's in Chicagoland. I know where I am going this weekend. Thanks for the tip!

Cheers, Pete

I have seen it in Atlanta and Miami. Speaking of Hockey, I was in Montreal the day after the last game in the Old Forum. I was walking around the building, found an open door, and asked someone if I could take a look around. I walked through the entire place, they were taking the seats out because people had bought them, went into the Habs dressing room, someone even bought the goals. Pretty memorable. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

10 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I have seen it in Atlanta and Miami. Speaking of Hockey, I was in Montreal the day after the last game in the Old Forum. I was walking around the building, found an open door, and asked someone if I could take a look around. I walked through the entire place, they were taking the seats out because people had bought them, went into the Habs dressing room, someone even bought the goals. Pretty memorable. 

That's awesome! I actually got to go to a game at the old Forum in 1988 vs. the Blackhawks (fraternity pledge trip). That was an experience I will never forget.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

1 hour ago, Sethos said:

Did you have to do anything special to get the iGPU working with your 8700? When I enable it, install the drivers, set it in the Fenix CP, PC just BSODs with an Intel driver problem when loading up the plane. Might just be a local hardware issue, driver conflict or perhaps I need to do something special for that setup to work properly with my 1080 Ti. 

No, I just enabled it in BIOS and it worked.

1 hour ago, RJC68 said:

Have you considered a 4K TV instead of a 2K Monitor?

Not really. I have a space problem and will be replacing a 24 in HD monitor eventually, but I doubt that there's enough room for a sufficiently large screen to make 4K offer a significant advantage over 2K. And this is a multi-use system, so I think I do need a monitor vs a tv in order to get good depiction of text.

I hope that makes sense.....

• Like 1

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

Could someone please take a stab at it and tell me how they think my computer would handle the FENIX?

Thanks.

i7700K, 64GB ram, Z270, 1080Ti

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Just now, Dreamflight767 said:

Could someone please take a stab at it and tell me how they think my computer would handle the FENIX?

Thanks.

I was thinking that if they could let people demo the Fenix, before they buy it, for say an hour, they would sell twice as many aircraft. People want to see if it will work or not before spending $60. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

I was thinking that if they could let people demo the Fenix, before they buy it, for say an hour, they would sell twice as many aircraft. People want to see if it will work or not before spending $60. 

Yes.  That would be very helpful!

• Like 1

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

6 hours ago, anthony500 said:

more or less the same as the FBW for me in terms of fps but the Fenix appears to be smoother (less stutters)

For me it’s the opposite. The Fenix runs well enough in terms of FPS, but seems more “sluggish” than the FBW. I notice this whilst panning around the VC, it’s not as fluid as in other aircraft. The PMDG is excellent in terms of performance. 

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

14 minutes ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Thanks.

This guy is running a 10% worse CPU to you, with the same GPU. You could expect similar results depending on settings. 

3 hours ago, JYW said:

Here's my current performance comparison with mostly medium settings.  This is sitting at the handcrafted Liverpool airport (EGGP), in the cockpit, looking straight ahead (at the same gate), with all systems and engines fired up:-

Default C172       58

Milviz C310R       53

PMDG 737           44

Fenix A320         28

Edited by 2reds2whites

7 minutes ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Thanks.

My exact system (see my sig). For my setting, I get slightly better performance from Fenix, then FBW in the same setting. My results are in line with the OP. However, there appear, inexplicably, to be two schools. Those that are doing fine and those getting abysmal performance.

• Like 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

I am really impressed by the Fenix.

On my 5 year old system running 4 monitors with lots of pop-outs and extra programs running I still get 25-30 FPS even in payware KBOS. I have it set to 30fps max so I would probably get more when airborne. 

I run FS2020 windowed about 4000x1080 px with pop-outs of all the 4 screens and browsers on the sides and lower screen.

I will post some photos in a while.

It flies very nicely with my Bravo and VBK side stick. 

The frame rate really surprised  me with my old system described in my signature. After some of the complaints I have seen. The PMDG is marginally better frame rate vise, but I love the pop-outs in the Fenix and don't mind 5 fps slower or so.

I would not hold off even with an older system.

• Like 1

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

I don't know for sure but given the 'type' of developers these guys seem to be, performance increases will be imminent and successful......

13 minutes ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Thanks.

The aircraft for me on a slightly lesser system is surprisingly smooth and I also get in the 30 FPS area.  BUT..the big issue I am having is the performance of the displays (PFD/ND).  I can have a very smooth overall experience but the displays are an absolute mess and appear to be running at 1-2 FPS...even 0 FPS at times. This is of course most apparent on climb out and descent when your altitude is changing.  You will not notice it sitting still on the ground. Unless I can find a solution ( I have tried all of the rendering options) the aircraft will likely be headed for the hangar as the FBW and PMDG have super-smooth display rendering.  

• Like 3

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11