Sign in to follow this  
LTCSZ

310R VS C-414 Advice Needed!

2 minutes ago, RichUK said:

I don't think that is nit picking from you, me or anyone else

What I meant by this comment is that I think BOTH planes are really good, and I/we in this thread are just discussing very minimal differences between two very good aircraft. I guess "nit picking" was not the right word. I sometimes have problems picking the right words to describe what I am thinking. Didn't mean to disparage either aircraft, because, like I said, I think they are both great 🙂 As for immersive, that IS why I chose that word because I can't think of a specific word better than that. Hey, I am just a retired dumb Grunt, no engineer or vocabulary instructor 😄

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

1 minute ago, sniper31 said:

What I meant by this comment is that I think BOTH planes are really good, and I/we in this thread are just discussing very minimal differences between two very good aircraft. I guess "nit picking" was not the right word. I sometimes have problems picking the right words to describe what I am thinking. Didn't mean to disparage either aircraft, because, like I said, I think they are both great 🙂 As for immersive, that IS why I chose that word because I can't think of a specific word better than that. Hey, I am just a retired dumb Grunt, no engineer or vocabulary instructor 😄

Well that was an honest answer! I knew what you meant, that is all that matters!

It sure is great that we have two 'high end' aircraft in this category to discuss. I guess each to his own - and if you have the option own both!

I do love the 414 though. Just looks sexy. 

• Like 2

Just now, RichUK said:

I do love the 414 though. Just looks sexy. 

Agreed!

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

I’ve been going back and forth on these two for a few weeks now. I leaned towards the 414 since the beginning for a few reasons, just a better looking plane inside and out, better for FSE, looked like better flight dynamics, etc. I finally bought the 414 yesterday and glad I did. Beautiful plane that flies really well. Like someone else said, this and the new Hjet coming out next week make perfect additions to my hangar(Kodiak, Turbo Arrow, C170) 630 hours in to MSFS and feels like the fun is really amping up now. 

• Like 1

Maybe one point to add here is that the 414 is a pressurized aircraft with supercharged piston engines and a ceiling of 30,100ft. Of course you don't need to make use of this altitude, but obviously it allows for a different style of flying than the 310, which isn't pressurized. So my feeling is, they differ quite a bit in the real world, and so does flying them in the simulator, if you want to do it realistically. 

From a modelling point of view they both seem excellent, at least from what I can gather. I don't own either of them, but I looked into various reviews because I'm in a similar situation. So I won't comment further on that. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

Both amazing. No reason not to have both as they each fulfil very different briefs. 

37 minutes ago, pstrub said:

Maybe one point to add here is that the 414 is a pressurized aircraft with supercharged piston engines and a ceiling of 30,100ft. Of course you don't need to make use of this altitude, but obviously it allows for a different style of flying than the 310, which isn't pressurized. So my feeling is, they differ quite a bit in the real world, and so does flying them in the simulator, if you want to do it realistically. 

Another great point that also influenced my decision. I felt the C310 would fill a similar role as the Kodiak and Arrow, besides being a twin. Plus, the 414 is larger and feels as if it’s larger. It has weight to it and you feel that weight on rotation and approach. Almost all the videos I’ve seen on the 310 the plane rotates somewhat twitchy and not as smoothly as what I’ve seen and heard about the 414. Lastly, though many seem to really enjoy the maintenance and potential failures with the 310, that main feature is something that doesn’t interest me much. To each there own, and in this case, it is great to have choices. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Jeeeno said:

Has the 414 a wear simulation like the 310?

Not yet

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I have the 310 but I have lost interest of it as it so boring to land, you have to fly it down at high speed, otherwise it will fall like a brick.

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

2 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

I have the 310 but I have lost interest of it as it so boring to land, you have to fly it down at high speed, otherwise it will fall like a brick.

That seems exciting haha!  Yeah the critical thin wing adds a bit of a surprise to short final if you don't carry a little extra speed.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

25 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

I think your technique is wrong.  The only thing you shouldn't do is cut the throttle suddenly, otherwise it will fall like a brick.  Bring the throttles back slowly as you flare for a smooth landing.

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

OP has not yet been back.  Interested to see his evaluation of the various pieces of advice.....

2 hours ago, pstrub said:

That is why I asked that he (the OP) provide some information about his previous sim flying.  His experience and interest are key to providing recommendations.  I for instance have logged a great number of hours in the FSX Milviz 310 and in the RA Turbine Duke v2.  My choice of what to fly for a particular flight was based on the demands of the flight.  MV 310, lower and slower (but still fast) medium length trips, typically under 2 hours; TDv2 higher and faster, longer trips, typically over 2 hours and often over 3 hours.  I did not treat them the same.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

22 hours ago, LTCSZ said:

Hi there: I am asking the community for advice. I want to purchase either the Milviz 310R or the Flightsimware C-414. My experience flying twin engine aircraft in the simulator is minimal, so if some of you who own one or the other of these planes could give me some advice on which would be best both from a learning perspective and an "enjoyment" factor I would sure appreciate it! Thanks!

Thank you for your service.

Bill W

1 hour ago, ryanbatc said:

Not yet

Are you implying that it might, maybe, happen in the future?   😉