Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Is iniBuilds going all in on MSFS?

2 hours ago, jarmstro said:

From what I understand XP11 planes will not be compatible with XP12 and will need a significant amount of work in order for them to be so. And most of the developers will charge for the revised version albeit at a discount. Hence all the sales because they hope to recover the full price after XP12 is released.

Oh, is that true? I thought porting over from XP 11 to XP 12 was easy and fast. in that case, I’m not so sure if iniBuilds will port their products if it’s not easy to port over.  And if they do port it over and it costs them a significant amount of work, they may charge for it.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

Because XP so much fun to fly a lot of XP user find themselves on MSFS forum LOL

This is true 🤣. They keep posting here in the MSFS forums 🤣.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

33 minutes ago, lzamm said:

While this might be of interest to the small number of serious simmers who splash out loads of cash to the likes of FSLabs and Hotstart, the financial attraction of MSFS is the enormous number of less critical ("gamer") users who couldn't care less.

Sorry I don't know the answer to your serious question, as although I don't class myself in the second group I always fly with failures turned off.  An airline captain friend of mine jokingly says he thinks they're turned off in his A320, too.

If Captain Sully had trained birdstrikes in MSFS he would have failed badly in reality. In X-Plane birdstrikes - and much more - are possible since (minimum) 15 years, what I've seen from my research.

Watch my YT-channel: https://www.youtube.com/@flyingcarpet1340/

Customer of X-Plane, Aerofly, Flightgear, MSFS.

7 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

Er....I infer from that info;  two guys just spent three years working their backsides off to make not nearly as much money as they could have building for another sim.

Plus, these two guys are now lumbered with support for their product for an indefinite amount of time whilst sales income tapers off sharply.

Perhaps if they’d made initial development decisions three or four months later - in the light of industry announcements - they could be enjoying sales in the tens of thousands rather than merely thousands.

Such is life.....

If a developer sticks with  platform, it is rather safe to assume he is happy with the way his products are developed and sold.

So unless you have any official numbers that suggest otherwise, reality speaks for itself, let alone as no one has made the move (aside fron inibuilds*).

3rd parties choose where to go based on market, seems like all of the x-plane ones did choose.

*Just to add a bit more, the guy who manages inibuilds and do the marketing, is not even a developer himself. So take his marketing and promotional statements in a grain of salt.

8 hours ago, lwt1971 said:

I'll beg to differ on this one... No amount of hand waving and "look at me how I did this so great" statements from Austin is going to convince me that XP 12 is going to be the be-all and end-all when it comes to flight dynamics 🙂.  Asobo is speeding ahead in this area, and currently has some capabilities that's not in XP.  

What capabilities MSFS flight model has that x-plane does not? Please do answer this, or otherwise it is another out of the blue statement.

And please dont requoot Ubaid Mussa from inibuilds, its pure marketing coming from a man who has 0 knowledge about developing and hires others to do the work for his company.

2 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Because XP so much fun to fly a lot of XP user find themselves on MSFS forum LOL

As usual an MSFS thread where MSFS users all talk about x-plane then when an actuall x-plane user chimes in, it is his fault for bursting the bubble.

Selective reading with as usual 0 discussion value.

51 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

This is true 🤣. They keep posting here in the MSFS forums 🤣.

You visit the x-plane forum more than any of us 🤣🤣🤣  You always lurk and avoid commenting there unlike previously since you understood you had nothing to sell there and people WILL call your bluffs out.

Edited by mtaxp
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Oh, is that true? I thought porting over from XP 11 to XP 12 was easy and fast. in that case, I’m not so sure if iniBuilds will port their products if it’s not easy to port over.  And if they do port it over and it costs them a significant amount of work, they may charge for it.

No thats not true for the most part.

Hotstart and most of worth mentioning developers already announced *free* upgrades for x-plane 12. LR has no less than 200 developers in a direct contact working and testing for about half a year now.

Sorry to burst your optimism 😂😂😂

Edited by mtaxp
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, mtaxp said:

Aside from inibuilds, no other x-plane aircraft developers worth to mention moved to MSFS.

Oh god no, Flight Factor are not coming to MSFS? How very sad 😉

• Like 3

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

43 minutes ago, flying_carpet said:

If Captain Sully had trained birdstrikes in MSFS he would have failed badly in reality. In X-Plane birdstrikes - and much more - are possible since (minimum) 15 years, what I've seen from my research.

Sometimes a post is so mind bogglingly Ill advised, that it renders one at a loss for words…. 

• Like 9
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, jarmstro said:

From what I understand XP11 planes will not be compatible with XP12 and will need a significant amount of work in order for them to be so. And most of the developers will charge for the revised version albeit at a discount. Hence all the sales because they hope to recover the full price after XP12 is released.

That's quite a possibility, and one I didn't think about yet as being the poissible reason for the "rebajas" some devs are making.

Makes sense !

Yet, in one of Austin's videos he talked about ensuring backward compatibility with XP11 aircraft as being one of their objectives while creating this new version. We will see...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

And now, for something completely different !

The Lar.... sorry! The Fénix ... Just bought it 🙂

It was yesterday, late in evening, after returning from a journey through beautiful Spain ( España ) and while I love XP ( sorry, meant to write Portugal my homeland) I do love the Spanish way of doing live !  They're Happy and coloured, and the gals are as gorgeous as Portuguese gals but dress short enough to have that effect ( the scenery, ya see ? ) so... I love MFS ( sorry, Spain ) too !

Spain for the views, and I can forget about driving the gals there ( the FM ) although maybe one day I get lucky ? Who knows ? Portugal for the weather and the beaches and the real driving... 

Love both !

Regarding that Fénix, I picked it up, installed, loaded it in MFS @ LPPT ( with that new since two weeks 02 rw, properly marked as such since day 1 of it's change from the old 03 ) and took off, no preparation, manual flight. Everything felt VERY GOOD ! including performance.

While my Portuguese "cara mitad" claimed it was bed time and I was about to lose my slot in bed, I was already on finals to 02, and tempted by that "Salero !" that MFS has like no other sim, I "exited the cockpit" hitting "END" and... just as few seconds later while I was admiring the gear extend, Cadabum !!!!! CTD  😞

Bed time 😕

Maybe tonight I can get lucky with the Fénix... Have to read through the threads reporting similar CTDs and how you have been fine tuning it. Stuff like giving the instruments rendering to CPU / GPU, etc...

It's going to take it's time for me to try that Inibuilds A310 in X-Plane, and I believe I'll hold for XP12 to get available first, but I am sure I'll love it too 🙂

Ya see ?  Only your "cara mitad" disaproves you liking what you see in other gals, so, don't behave like "caras mitad" and groan about when you see him / her looking around the beauties of two Worlds !  They all have their beauties, they all must be admired, just please don't touch !

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

27 minutes ago, rka said:

Oh god no, Flight Factor are not coming to MSFS? How very sad 😉

Was mostly talking about vskylabs  aerobask, hotstart, ixeg, rotate, zibo/levelup, toliss and a few more, but sure, not even FF😂

Edited by mtaxp
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, mtaxp said:

Was mostly talking about vskylabs  aerobask, hotstart, ixeg, rotate, zibo/levelup, toliss and a few more, but sure, not even FF😂

None of those really would have a unique selling point in MSFS anymore now. So even though I'd like to see, say, Aerobask in MSFS, it's not really a problem if I don't.

And yes, probably someone will also make a bizjet for MSFS that supports GTA style phone calls like the sTuDy LeVel 650.

• Like 2

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

1 hour ago, flying_carpet said:

Fortunately Captain Sully didn’t train for birdstrikes in EITHER XPlane or MSFS and instead practiced his procedures in his company’s level-D sim and in actual checkrides.

Both Xplane and MSFS are entertainment products and suspension of disbelief machines that simulate what it’s like to do the real thing.  They are NOT the real thing, however, no matter how many pretend failures are programmed into the core sim.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, rka said:

None of those really would have a unique selling point in MSFS anymore now. So even though I'd like to see, say, Aerobask in MSFS, it's not really a problem if I don't.

And yes, probably someone will also make a bizjet for MSFS that supports GTA style phone calls like the sTuDy LeVel 650.

Huh? So? They are x-plane developers, why should they do stuff to satisfy MSFS users or have a selling point towards them 🤔?

All of them chose to stick with x-plane and seem to be rather happy about it, what it is so hard to grasp? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mtaxp said:

If a developer sticks with  platform, it is rather safe to assume he is happy with the way his products are developed and sold.

So unless you have any official numbers that suggest otherwise, reality speaks for itself, let alone as no one has made the move (aside fron inibuilds*).

3rd parties choose where to go based on market, seems like all of the x-plane ones did choose

You asked us to take inferences from your previous statement.

It would seem obvious given the size of the MSFS market that they would have made many more sales there than they are in XP.

I dare say their product would also have been priced in two figures rather than three figures too.

As has been pointed out previously, over the last three years, the market has changed more quickly than development schedules. The Hotstart development seems to have taken place right in the middle of these changing market dynamics.

It is what it is.

• Like 2