Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Is iniBuilds going all in on MSFS?

9 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Sorry , but if you look at XP whatever version and then MSFS, it takes about a millisecond to realize where the future is at. 

lol Maybe your future, but it would only take me less than a nanosecond to realize what I can do in XP today and what I can look forward to in the near future, not far. 😂

Just now, BobFS88 said:

lol Maybe your future, but it would only take me less than a nanosecond to realize what I can do in XP today and what I can look forward to in the near future, not far. 😂

So said the people that loved beta Max Tape players.   

• Like 5

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

29 minutes ago, BobFS88 said:

Are you one of those who are lucky enough to be under a NDA for X Plane in order to know this for a fact? 

And if there are some capabilities that Asobo will have, how do you know if they are needed in X Plane for it to be able to shine based on what we do know. It seems to me that it would be a wait and see. There are still more things that have not been revealed to make such earlier conclusion.

When did I say it was a fact? I am not making any conclusions obviously, just going by what XP11 has now, and what has been divulged about XP12, compared to MSFS as it stands now.

29 minutes ago, BobFS88 said:

And IMO thinks Asobo has already shown its best hand.

You can keep thinking that, all signs however show that Asobo is nowhere near done.

• Like 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

So said the people that loved beta Max Tape players.   

I had it and love it for what I use it for in its day.

Best recorder for visual and HiFI sound in its time before dvd's.  

Just now, lwt1971 said:

You can keep thinking that, all signs however show that Asobo is nowhere near done.

Neither is X Plane

Just now, BobFS88 said:

Neither is X Plane

I'm not saying it is, and neither do I care if it is or not :)

• Like 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

7 hours ago, jcomm said:

Well, I have been buying their offers at promotional prices, for XP11, which I expect to be able to use in XP12.

From what I understand XP11 planes will not be compatible with XP12 and will need a significant amount of work in order for them to be so. And most of the developers will charge for the revised version albeit at a discount. Hence all the sales because they hope to recover the full price after XP12 is released.

This is the reason why I very much doubt I will be going back to X-Plane unless LR pulls something extraordinary out of the hat which we have not yet seen. In addition every addon seems to be more or less 30% more expensive than the MSFS equivalent.

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 3

Because XP so much fun to fly a lot of XP user find themselves on MSFS forum LOL

• Like 6

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

If the iniBuilds flight characteristics in MSFS were worse than in X-Plane, would they admit it? They would lose customers, if they did.

As I don't own the iniBuilds (neither on the one, nor on the other platform), can someone tell me, how many builtin failures it has (serious question)? We all know, the default C172 has 5 as it has 1 engine, the default A320 has 10, as it has 2 engines.

As I pointed out already earlier, X-Plane has by default around 400 builtin failures, so I assume the majority of them is implemented in the X-Plane iniBuilds.

• Like 2

Watch my YT-channel: https://www.youtube.com/@flyingcarpet1340/

Customer of X-Plane, Aerofly, Flightgear, MSFS.

10 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

This statement above tells me that iniBuilds has possibly shifted all their resources to MSFS.

Anyways, this is all speculation.  Maybe iniBuilds will announce a new product for P3D or XP soon, in which case, all this is moot. In addition, I do expect iniBuilds to port their XP 11 products over to XP 12, if it's very easy to port over.  But aside from possibly porting their products from XP 11 to XP 12, it increasingly looks like iniBuilds is going all in on MSFS.

But you didn't  look down to see this comments as to why inibuilds possible would consider not doing EGLL since "Zero Dollars Payware" is  rumored to  already doing  a version or if you don't want to wait,  Aerosoft has one available. 

https://forum.inibuilds.com/topic/5055-iniscene-development-update-june-2022/?do=findComment&comment=19977

Also in the same post just below EGLL announcement:

https://forum.inibuilds.com/topic/5055-iniscene-development-update-june-2022/

"We are also pleased to announce work on iniScene KBUF for X-Plane 11 has started and will provide an update on this very soon!"

They are still doing scenery, maybe not as much at the moment but I won't bet on them not continue once XP12 is out the door. 

"So much for "inibuilds is going all in on MSFS"  Nice try but it doesn't wash unless they make an official announcement and not specitive notions on discord.

Edited by BobFS88

7 hours ago, keithb77 said:

Reading Austin's XP12 Flight model article "we’ve overhauled… everything" ... so I'll get the demo and see what works...

I thought it was already so word not allowed wonderful,  why would it need to be overhauled?

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Sorry , but if you look at XP whatever version and then MSFS, it takes about a millisecond to realize where the future is at. 

I appreciate the satelite scenery in MSFS, especially using the high LOD option in the Google map mod. MSFS will never be off my PC.  XP12 will be on my PC from day one also.  I don't mind maintaining two sims and will enjoy what each brings to table. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

54 minutes ago, flying_carpet said:

....can someone tell me, how many builtin failures it has ...

While this might be of interest to the small number of serious simmers who splash out loads of cash to the likes of FSLabs and Hotstart, the financial attraction of MSFS is the enormous number of less critical ("gamer") users who couldn't care less.

Sorry I don't know the answer to your serious question, as although I don't class myself in the second group I always fly with failures turned off.  An airline captain friend of mine jokingly says he thinks they're turned off in his A320, too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

Because XP so much fun to fly a lot of XP user find themselves on MSFS forum LOL

I've often said that the prime characteristic of the X-Plane fanboi is that they would much rather spend their time in forums talking trash about other sims than actually flying their own. 

Which I can understand. 😈

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

10 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

This reminds me of FSLabs.  FSLabs did not want to enter the MSFS market.  They wanted to stay with P3D forever.  They announced their Concorde in the fall of 2020 for P3D, after MSFS had been released and knowing upon MSFS's release, a chunk of the P3D market had moved to MSFS.

Market conditions forced FSLabs to reconsider MSFS.  And now, FSLabs appears to be prioritizing MSFS more.

And I'm wondering if it will turn out to be "too little, too late."  I know the FSL A320 has its diehard admirers, but I wonder how many people who have already bought the Fenix are going to be eager to shell out $100+ for yet another A320?

• Like 2

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080