Sign in to follow this  
Todd2

Are clouds the best ever now? I'm impressed.

6 hours ago, Krakin said:

And yes, cloud variation is greatly improved. When I went thunderstorm hunting last night I changed the time to day so I could see the clouds and my jaw nearly dropped. It was glorious! Rainbow, showers, god rays, natural looking clouds, all coming together to make an awesome looking scene. Things are definitely moving in the right direction.

I agree. I departed KBWI rwy 28 via the CONLE4 SID and flew directly towards a thunderstorm until the SID turned away from it. Just as I entered the left hand turn, I got raindrops going up the window, a double rainbow out the left window, and a really great ascent between the storm itself and a bank of smaller clouds. It was one of the best ascents I have ever had in a flight sim. Simply beautiful. And stutter free to boot!

Edited by MDFlier
  • Like 4

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

8 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

They're fairly transparent. 

OztGLkM.jpg

Bummer. Am I imagining that they used to be more "solid" when the sim was first released?

34 minutes ago, Keto Ketchup said:

Bummer. Am I imagining that they used to be more "solid" when the sim was first released?

Didn't you read my comment? Or you just chose to ignore it?

Edited by Alvega

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

9 hours ago, Noel said:

To be honest these look pretty much the same as very recent cloud depiction so it's not really saying it all for me.  I've been very vocal that cloud depiction has taken a serious hit but this trailer isn't showing that real well IMO.

The first 9 seconds of MarcG's linked video, I haven't seen that since like SU3.  You know, where you fly thru actual THICK clouds to where it whites you out for second or two.

So if this is happening (again) in SU10 then I'll be very happy.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

7 minutes ago, Mace said:

The first 9 seconds of MarcG's linked video, I haven't seen that since like SU3.  You know, where you fly thru actual THICK clouds to where it whites you out for second or two.

That's what I was saying. Yesterday I was flying through clouds and couldn't see anything, not only for one second or two, more like 20 seconds until getting out of the clouds.

On Su10 beta DX11, btw.

Edited by Alvega
  • Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Yeah it was probably fog I was flying through. I'll post a screenshot when I'm flying through actual clouds 🙂

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

2 hours ago, Mace said:

Sorry to say it's not. The clouds have not changed since after SU3 updates when they had to back off for xbox or whatever reasons.

From time to time there is a certain cumulus cloud type in live weather that are kind of that thick type of what a real cloud should look like, but they are still fairly transparent and nothing like pre SU3. The cloud types themselves didn't change in SU10, only the layers and some tweaks to the pipeline from Meteoblue to METAR depiction. I wish they could update the cloud scenes to be as realistic as the scenery (or at LEAST go back to pre-SU3 clouds because they were fine!)

Edited by KERNEL32

I see changes to clouds/weather and I'm not using the SU10 beta--I think this is done in the backgroud and everyone is seeing this!

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

17 minutes ago, Noel said:

I see changes to clouds/weather and I'm not using the SU10 beta--I think this is done in the backgroud and everyone is seeing this!

I think the same. 

Alvega

2 hours ago, KERNEL32 said:

Sorry to say it's not. The clouds have not changed since after SU3 updates when they had to back off for xbox or whatever reasons.

From time to time there is a certain cumulus cloud type in live weather that are kind of that thick type of what a real cloud should look like, but they are still fairly transparent and nothing like pre SU3. The cloud types themselves didn't change in SU10, only the layers and some tweaks to the pipeline from Meteoblue to METAR depiction. I wish they could update the cloud scenes to be as realistic as the scenery (or at LEAST go back to pre-SU3 clouds because they were fine!)

This is an approach into the Faroe Islands in the Just flight BAe 146 - Not my best approach but I was paying a lot of attention to graphics, clouds and other things while testing SU10.

Quality of the clouds has improved in my eyes.  Ash clouds are still there but much improved. Visibility through the cloud is good with visibility reduced.  in clearer conditions the base of the clouds look menacing enough with a good structure.  Earlier on in this flight I saw many thick layer type clouds that were not there before SU10.

Edited by MrBitstFlyer
  • Like 4

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

7 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

This is an approach into the Faro Islands in the Just flight BAe 146 - Not my best approach but I was paying a lot of attention to graphics, clouds and other things while testing SU10.

Quality of the clouds has improved in my eyes.  Ash clouds are still there but much improved. Visibility through the cloud is good with visibility reduced.  in clearer conditions the base of the clouds look menacing enough with a good structure.  Earlier on in this flight I saw many thick layer type clouds that were not there before SU10.

I guess you mean Faroe Islands. Faro is in Portugal and it's not that airport. 😉

Edited by Alvega
  • Upvote 1

Alvega

1 minute ago, Alvega said:

I guess you mean Faroe Islands. Faro is in Portugal and it's not that airport.

That will be the one 🙂

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

I think clouds have really improved in the last couple of months. No complaints from me really any more, if there were any. 

Airport light poles seem to still give this trailing artefact against overcast sky, or at least when I last looked.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

They're beautiful when they show up.  The storm clouds look amazing. 

Unfortunately I only get clouds with "Live Weather" about 50% of the flights I do.  Wind, yes...but not clouds.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Alvega said:

Didn't you read my comment? Or you just chose to ignore it?

Your comment does not answer my question. As for real life, I've been on enough commercial flights to observe wing tips being obfuscated by the "fog" that is the interior of a cloud. I just can't remember if I experienced the same thing in MSFS when it first released, or if I'm confusing real life memories with sim memories.

* credit to the sim for being realistic enough to make me question if my memory is real or virtual

• Like 1