Sign in to follow this  
jimcarrel

DX12, no "Twotter"

Apparently, now the Kodiak runs in DX12, but now Aerosoft Twin Otter, apparently doesn't. Anyone run into the same, with the Twotter? 

• Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Thats up to the 3PDpers to fix, who knows with AS, they still have over a month before SU10 release.

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Upvote 1

Have to agree with "not much lost" really has been a disappointment, However I uninstalled and reinstalled, It now shows up in the hanger and loads. 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Good old Avsim, never miss an opportunity to slag something off, never mind the subject matter of the topic.
Well done.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Hopefully Aerosoft will use this opportunity to finally issue the promised update to the Twotter… I for one like the aeroplane. We really do need to hold developers more accountable for their promised updates… this one has been in the making a LONG time.

Fingers x’ed!

• Like 5

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

I'm not sure what to make of this topic. Out of curiosity (as I normally leave DX12 *well *alone*) I gave the Twin Otter a try.

It all seemed to work fine for me. What's the alleged problem with it in DX12? I actually *like* the AS Twin Otter - it's as good as many other MSFS aircraft, IMHO ... unless I'm missing something. I wouldn't know about the flight model, or how accurately the systems are modelled (I'm not a pilot in RL), but it *looks* OK to me!!

Funnily enough -  I also struggled to make DX12 "fall over". Sure - the frame rates are maybe a tiny bit lower, but I seem to remember all sorts of CTDs etc. last time I tried it. Maybe I just got lucky this time. In any case - experiment over - it's back to DX11 😉

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

3 minutes ago, Adamski_NZ said:

It all seemed to work fine for me. What's the alleged problem with it in DX12? 

As the OP has already posted, there does not seem to be a general issue with the Twotter and DX12 after all.

So expect this topic to change course from "I may have a specific bug with X" to "General grumbling about everything we don't like about X" as per usual Avsim standard operating procedure.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JacquesBrel said:

As the OP has already posted, there does not seem to be a general issue with the Twotter and DX12 after all.

So expect this topic to change course from "I may have a specific bug with X" to "General grumbling about everything we don't like about X" as per usual Avsim standard operating procedure.

Well I don't like cold soup!  :unsure:

Anyway, as the OP's question has been answered (by himself also), I can see a closed thread coming.  Probably for the best. 
Can I just get a quick one in about Captain Sim before it closes! :biggrin:

• Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I avoid aircraft sold by Aerosoft. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

12 hours ago, xender said:

Well, at least nothing of value has been lost

7 hours ago, Reader said:

Good old Avsim, never miss an opportunity to slag something off, never mind the subject matter of the topic.
Well done.

I laughed out loud at the first comment - even if the Twotter is a good aircraft, it may not be for the OP, so it is a light hearted and witty comment.  

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I avoid aircraft sold by Aerosoft. 

Here, here - The Twotter was my first, and last, Aerosoft aircraft purchase

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

oh well, why not?

zapped!

• Like 2

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors