Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

[Freeware] El Cajon Gillespie Field, CA (KSEE)

Featured Replies

  • Author

Version 2.0.0 is now available and bring compatibility with MSFS2024 and a lot of improvement for MSFS2020. Enjoy for PC for free: https://flightsim.to/file/36679/gillespie-field-ksee

  • Replace and update new static aircraft. NB: this version doesn’t include anymore the separate file to remove all static.
  • Replace the whole border fences
  • Replace and update several generic hangars
  • Update all spot markings (and carpark markings as well)
  • Fix Vegetation (WIP)
  • Fix a lot of spikes here and here
  • A lot of small fixes no one will notice

185aa39ab7c0b03a8e1f7e0b384620216650876e

Edited by vbazillio

Vincent B.
Check my free MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio/trending and my hardware configuration.

  • 8 months later...
  • Replies 116
  • Views 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • New version 1.3.1 just uploaded at flightsim.to. The major addition is the East Transient Apron that was missing for months in my scenery.The underlaying satellite Bing imagery is older and does not i

  • Let's go for the new v3.0.0 now available to download for free! https://flightsim.to/file/36679/gillespie-field-ksee Overall fix compatibility with MSFS2020 SU16 “Aligned Bing Maps data with Micr

  • vbazillio
    vbazillio

    Version 4.0 is officially live! San Diego Gillespie Field (KSEE) - MSFS Add-on - Flightsim.to I can tell you that it’s a huge major update. The result of hours of work, bringing significant overhauls

  • Author

Let's go for the new v3.0.0 now available to download for free! https://flightsim.to/file/36679/gillespie-field-ksee

Overall fix compatibility with MSFS2020 SU16 “Aligned Bing Maps data with Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024”

  • Add the bespoke night blue poles on west transient parking.
  • Update runway textures 9/27.
  • Update static aircraft (remove regular simobject).
  • Update several public side zones.
  • Update 2 helipads north area (now regular circle H).
  • Revise Taxiway signs at West Transient parking (T1 to T6).
  • Polish some public airside zones.
  • (MSFS2024) Remove duplicate windsocks.
  • Fix some taxiway holding points.
  • Fix an issue with the static Boeing Stearman.

2e1216561db06404332f5a8d90f752e23e0bad23

Vincent B.
Check my free MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio/trending and my hardware configuration.

Once again @vbazillio Vincent, great continued work from you on all of these airport gems 😊

AMD Ryzen 9900X3D & ASUS X870E Gaming Plus MB, w/64 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, ASUS TUF RTX 5090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, HAVN Case, Virpil VPC Panels 2 and 3, TM F/A 18 Stick on Virpil Base, Virpil Rotor TCS Plus w/ Hawk-60 Collective grip, Virpil MongoosTM Throttle, TM TPR Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

 

 

A vote of thanks to Imgur for saving me from seeing what must be highly dangerous pictures. 👍🙄

The World is divided into two groups. Those who say "Give me a link" and those that provide the link. WWG1WGA

On 10/3/2025 at 9:36 AM, vbazillio said:

Let's go for the new v3.0.0 now available to download for free! https://flightsim.to/file/36679/gillespie-field-ksee

Overall fix compatibility with MSFS2020 SU16 “Aligned Bing Maps data with Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024”

  • Add the bespoke night blue poles on west transient parking.
  • Update runway textures 9/27.
  • Update static aircraft (remove regular simobject).
  • Update several public side zones.
  • Update 2 helipads north area (now regular circle H).
  • Revise Taxiway signs at West Transient parking (T1 to T6).
  • Polish some public airside zones.
  • (MSFS2024) Remove duplicate windsocks.
  • Fix some taxiway holding points.
  • Fix an issue with the static Boeing Stearman.

2e1216561db06404332f5a8d90f752e23e0bad23

 If you could send some of your airport work over to F70, It would be greatly appreciated...  Thank you for your continuous awesome work.

Ed

Windows 11 PRO-AMD RYZEN 9 9950X3D-MSI MAG X870E TOMAHAWK-NVIDIA RTX 5080 16GB-64GB GSKILL 6000-2TB NVMe-1050PSU- It goes to Eleven! Si ATC.

IRL Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee - Evektor Harmony - AOPA# 09053717

https://www.flightventuresaviationacademy.com/  https://www.pcflyers.org/

  • 2 months later...
  • Author

There’s more and more MSFS2024 simmers, here’s an interesting update, just release for free for PC users: https://flightsim.to/file/36679/gillespie-field-ksee Since SU4, a lot of object - like hangars - from bespoke airports have changed. This result in missing objects in a lot of my scenery. This 3.1.0 fixes this. It includes also some fine tuning that we’ll benefit to MSFS2020.

87a716aebded0ace96ead6da105955a3204e88c8

  • Enhance taxiway textures (MSFS2024 only)
  • Enhance runway textures (MSFS2024 only)
  • Fix a lot of missing buildings (MSFS2024 only)
  • Update static aircraft
  • Fix PAPI4 runway 27R
  • Fix TIN ugly artifacts around the field

 

Vincent B.
Check my free MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio/trending and my hardware configuration.

  • 7 months later...
  • Author

Here’s an AI generated map of taxiway signs at Gillespie. Overall, it’s 131 unique object :wink: Some are double-sided. I can’t imagine how pro developers managed this creation/build task on major airport. KSEE is a small airfield in California.

image

Why am I doing this? Some of you may know that I want to get rid of the generic MSFS taxiway objects on my freeware. Don’t misunderstand the objective, the MSFS SDK is fantastic, for me as an amateur/passionate developer. 5 years ago when I started to use the Scenery Editor, it was awesome to be able to set quickly and so easily the real world taxiway signs instead of the A, B, C randomly spread by the default MSFS airport. It was my first motivation. But now, after improving so deeply my favorite Californian’s airfield, I feel the need to make them more as-real-as-it-gets. Page in Arizona, Toussus-le-Noble in France (where I live in real), Corona (KAJO), Mariposa and Ramona were the first to have my handcrafted taxiway sign object and test bed for my workflow. But they were roughly not more than 50 objects. KSEE is 100+ and I need a map to structure my work.

image

This is were AI plays. Ai browse .xml of my freeware, and draw the map in few seconds. Just one prompt. Easy. I have tested the generation of bitmap texture and ultimately the 3D object generation but it was unsuccessful. Poor rendering, poor fidelity to the FAA standard. Even when feed the Ai with the PDF FAA all-rules, the correct ICAO font… etc letter’s spacing, overall look&feel isn’t similar to reality. Tested with CoPilot (and different engine of Copilot), Le Chat, Gemini and Perplexity. That’s already a lot. There’s certainly a engine somewhere more appropriate but I don’t have the time to investigate. I let this for Ai addict, and professional developers :wink:

Optimization of KSEE v3.1 has just started. Be patient, KSEE fans. The next version should also includes the .bat to remove all static aircraft. Go figure :wink:

Example of custom sign at my Page, AZ KPGA freeware.

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 Screenshot 2026.08.01 - 18.56.52.90

Edited by vbazillio

Vincent B.
Check my free MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio/trending and my hardware configuration.

Wow, happy to hear the .bat coming to KSEE. Finally away with the static aircraft 😁 The taxiway signs I personally could not care generic or custom but I guess it would make some sort of difference I assume visually?

  • Author
1 hour ago, mikced said:

The taxiway signs I personally could not care generic or custom but I guess it would make some sort of difference I assume visually?

I can't stand anymore seeing this generic all-the-same taxiway signs all around the world. Each of us set the threshold to immersion wherever he wants, but I want to see unique things when taxiing around airport.

Regarding static, I also disagree with you. Even if I use a lot of injection and/or online network, I can cope with very few overlap compared to having a empty ghost field. Ramp empty or only with one or two moving is so unrealistic. Even with Say Intentions injected dozens of aircraft, and TaxiTuner Say Intentions profils help.

Vincent B.
Check my free MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio/trending and my hardware configuration.

40 minutes ago, vbazillio said:

I can't stand anymore seeing this generic all-the-same taxiway signs all around the world. Each of us set the threshold to immersion wherever he wants, but I want to see unique things when taxiing around airport.

Regarding static, I also disagree with you. Even if I use a lot of injection and/or online network, I can cope with very few overlap compared to having a empty ghost field. Ramp empty or only with one or two moving is so unrealistic. Even with Say Intentions injected dozens of aircraft, and TaxiTuner Say Intentions profils help.

Yes Say Intentions is the key here. Honestly best addon I have after 35 years with this hobby. Expensive, yes but worth it also yes 😁

17 minutes ago, mikced said:

Yes Say Intentions is the key here. Honestly best addon I have after 35 years with this hobby. Expensive, yes but worth it also yes 😁

As for the fact that everyone sets the threshold for ones immersion I fully agree with you Vincent, but correct airport buildings would be 100s of times more important than taxi signs for me. Thats my level of immersion and why I have not flown into a default airport in so many years. Seeing the same ugly tower or generic hangars, terrible and more terrible. I so much appreciate all community effort both pay and free that helps break that immersion killer and make our hobby better.

  • Author
1 hour ago, mikced said:

Yes Say Intentions is the key here. Honestly best addon I have after 35 years with this hobby. Expensive, yes but worth it also yes 😁

With Say Intentions, I discovered few weeks ago that I need to set manually TaxiTuner profils to "My Default" to match any custom addon airport. Even if I'm not flying around the world and limit my passion to US and France, it's a lot of different field to select from the Taxi Tuner interface. Are you facing the same challenge?

Vincent B.
Check my free MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio/trending and my hardware configuration.

  • Author
1 hour ago, mikced said:

As for the fact that everyone sets the threshold for ones immersion I fully agree with you Vincent, but correct airport buildings would be 100s of times more important than taxi signs for me. Thats my level of immersion and why I have not flown into a default airport in so many years. Seeing the same ugly tower or generic hangars, terrible and more terrible. I so much appreciate all community effort both pay and free that helps break that immersion killer and make our hobby better.

It's not questionable : flying to/from a default MSFS airport, not customized is a simple NO GO ;)

Vincent B.
Check my free MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio/trending and my hardware configuration.

Yes mostly I select an area I want to fly over for a long time (often one with many pay and or free custom airports), for example San Diego or westen Norway. I purchase all payware of interest plus download any nice freeware and always stick to those, again no default airports. I then create myself a Taxi Tuned airport by cloning someone elses. 95% of the times I want to make corrections regardless how good the profile is. Always something that could be improved. More Small GA parkings, different Apron names or whatever. In other words. I customize every single airport in Taxi Tuner myself and save them and set ”use as my default”. Its about 5-6 hours work and then I can enjoy the area fully. Also for Europe I ask on the SI Discord if they can add VRPs so flying in and out if control zones (CTR) will be more realistic. Of course this is Europe primarely.

Edited by mikced

My google map of USA airports which I have installed into msfs. Every icon is an upgraded airport . The Yellow crosses are freeware flightsim.to. The lines are the "routes" I fly. Heaviest concentration is California.

my-google-maps-usa.gif

5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, one or two 1440p 32" screens, 64 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, VKB NXT EVO stick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel. Crystal Light VR.

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.