Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

[Freeware] El Cajon Gillespie Field, CA (KSEE)

Featured Replies

11 minutes ago, mikced said:

If you see Flight Simming as a real hobby it is not so expesive in my opinion 😄Consider golf or any other sport really and compare cost per hour.

You're misunderstanding what I wrote. Dawg knows I spend my share of money on simming. It's not the cost, it's the value - and I do have other hobbies to consider. 😆

Given that I won't use their ATC, spending that much per month for a GA traffic injector just doesn't make the cut in my personal value/dollar analysis. If the ATC side met my needs I might feel differently. It's a personal thing, not a general indictment of their pricing model or of others' value analyses or uses.

Scott

  • Replies 116
  • Views 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • New version 1.3.1 just uploaded at flightsim.to. The major addition is the East Transient Apron that was missing for months in my scenery.The underlaying satellite Bing imagery is older and does not i

  • Let's go for the new v3.0.0 now available to download for free! https://flightsim.to/file/36679/gillespie-field-ksee Overall fix compatibility with MSFS2020 SU16 “Aligned Bing Maps data with Micr

  • vbazillio
    vbazillio

    Version 4.0 is officially live! San Diego Gillespie Field (KSEE) - MSFS Add-on - Flightsim.to I can tell you that it’s a huge major update. The result of hours of work, bringing significant overhauls

  • Author
43 minutes ago, mikced said:

If you see Flight Simming as a real hobby it is not so expesive in my opinion 😄Consider golf or any other sport really and compare cost per hour.

You're right. Everything is relative. Imagine if you're a flight sim addict and private pilot!;) Here in France, one year SI subscription is one hour of real flight (single engine, air club plane) more or less.

Edited by vbazillio

Vincent B.
Check my free MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio/trending and my hardware configuration.

3 hours ago, mikced said:

If you see Flight Simming as a real hobby it is not so expesive in my opinion 😄Consider golf or any other sport really and compare cost per hour.

I’ll see your Golf and raise you Boating. 🤣

Did you know? Boat is an acronym for "bust out another thousand $$$"

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

21 minutes ago, UrgentSiesta said:

I’ll see your Golf and raise you Boating. 🤣

12 minutes ago, kerosene31 said:

Did you know? Boat is an acronym for "bust out another thousand $$$"

Lol!!! 😁😁😁 My two other main hobbies are alpine skiing (very expensive) and overlanding/off-roading in my two Jeeps, which I have heavily modified...and did you also know that "Jeep" is an acronym for "Just Empty Every Pocket $$$" 😁

AMD Ryzen 9900X3D & ASUS X870E Gaming Plus MB, w/64 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, ASUS TUF RTX 5090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, HAVN Case, Virpil VPC Panels 2 and 3, TM F/A 18 Stick on Virpil Base, Virpil Rotor TCS Plus w/ Hawk-60 Collective grip, Virpil MongoosTM Throttle, TM TPR Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

 

 

  • Author
17 hours ago, mikced said:

I make my own T.T profiles for all airports I use (often by cloning a good public one). That way I can have it exactly like I want it. What you can do is to clone EdgeCase version and just add whatever you like to it in the form of special locations that ground and tower should be aware off. I add specific locations like Transient parkings and other locations both for each individual parking spot (on the option for Terminal data section of each parking) as well as add a location spot for it on the actual map.

How could we benefit from the community and have a shared Taxi Tuner profiles with the maximum updates that match my freeware?

jTeaFd.png

On the screenshot above, my default is Work-in-Progress that's why it's private.

Vincent B.
Check my free MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio/trending and my hardware configuration.

  • Author
On 9/2/2026 at 8:43 PM, kerosene31 said:

I like the static aircraft in GA because otherwise the parking might be completely empty. I get why people don't want static airliners, but fields like this simply won't have much traffic.

Was thinking of you this morning (CET), watching apron full of a mixed of static and injected AI, at Gillespie (with SI):

hO7PMz.png

p2fCWs.png

... and a Baron was making pattern work:

boifZs.jpg

Vincent B.
Check my free MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio/trending and my hardware configuration.

1 minute ago, vbazillio said:

Was thinking of you this morning (CET), watching apron full of a mixed of static and injected AI, at Gillespie (with SI):

hO7PMz.png

p2fCWs.png

... and a Baron was making pattern work:

boifZs.jpg

Happy we have an option now. With or without static aircraft and easy to switch between the two so everyone should be satisfied. Good times :) I Have brought the issue of static aircraft or not in countless forum topics over the years (since the FSX days really) and the overall opinion is almost always about half for and half against so all good :)

  • Author

Update v4.1 is available now. What’s new in this small update?

  • Fix terraforming around 27L runup area

  • Add a new billboard object on final 27L :wink: See pic below

  • (per community request) Add Dr Pepper vending machines here and here. Yep, it’s just for fun and seems to be a running gag between fan of vbcorp sceneries and me :wink:

  • Rework the public tower apron

  • Rework ground textures at the airpark west of tower

  • Fix some big reg runway marking position

  • Fix Bravo non-straight yellow taxiway line

  • Remove ugly photogrammetric blocks of trees on runway axes. It’s an endless WIP and I’m still reluctant to remove manually the photogrammetry in the area facing the runway 27R/27L

fbe56c51a7596afa6bb9f4d5c1a80cbce0048e2d

Edited by vbazillio

Vincent B.
Check my free MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio/trending and my hardware configuration.

  • Author

Good morning from Paris, France!

Silent update* to fix a wrong label taxiway sign. Thanks to Peterhemm from flightsim.to who PM me and noticed a sign "D-35-17" that should display "D-17-35" instead. Devil is in the detail.

image

The Community is fantastic ;)

(*) If you care, just re-download the same version 4.1 and install/replace the whole scenery as usual. New filename includes this small fix "vbcorp-airport-ksee-gillespie-v4.1.0-120926-06h00.zip"

Edited by vbazillio

Vincent B.
Check my free MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio/trending and my hardware configuration.

Hey Vincent you are a fello San Diego flying enthusiast like myself 😄 and you use S.I as well. If you find some time can you try a VFR flight in this red area on an altitude that is between Class Bravo airspace for example 3500 feet. I always find ATC tells me to copy a phone number for airspace violation and I am doing nothing wrong. I am not sure they have the aispace correct here.

Airspace by the coast above the mormon temple Class B between 32/18 and 100/68. cant add pictures for some reason on avsim forum 😄

Edited by mikced

  • Author
12 minutes ago, mikced said:

Hey Vincent you are a fello San Diego flying enthusiast like myself 😄 and you use S.I as well. If you find some time can you try a VFR flight in this red area on an altitude that is between Class Bravo airspace for example 3500 feet. I always find ATC tells me to copy a phone number for airspace violation and I am doing nothing wrong. I am not sure they have the aispace correct here.

Airspace by the coast above the mormon temple Class B between 32/18 and 100/68. cant add pictures for some reason on avsim forum 😄

I have already open several tickets (for year, since the early Beta or Alpha or whatever). It's very low priority for them to manage the sandwich between 3200 and 6800 ft. And the overall software development consist of non-stop release and small patches in real time. Sometime, you feel things getting better and sometimes...

JBsDDD.jpg

I think that few days ago I tried a westbound transition over Montgomery from Gillespie and it didn't happened well ;( Will redo and keep you posted.

Edited by vbazillio

Vincent B.
Check my free MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio/trending and my hardware configuration.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.