Sign in to follow this  
tup61

ATC addons comparison (first draft)

8 hours ago, MadDog said:

That's not correct... you can use ProATC/SR with any aircraft.  I believe the 4 aircraft you mentioned also have flight plan export capability and additional custom "first officer" functionality and checklists (which I personally never use).

That may be the case. I was told of a work around for other aircraft. Another thing I noticed with using FSHud this flight. Is that even though the flight plan is good according to it. It will have me skip multiple waypoints according to the compass. And if you don’t follow the compass then you get no ATC…

9 hours ago, SyphiliticWeasel said:

It will have me skip multiple waypoints according to the compass. And if you don’t follow the compass then you get no ATC…

That used to be the case a long time ago but it's been a few months since I lost contact with ATC due to missing a waypoint. As it is now FSHud will notice (after some time) you may have missed a point and the proceed from your current location. The same as it is with taxiing. In the very beginning FSHud was very unforgiving if you missed a point but not anymore. I myself hardly ever watch that little compass.

And btw if you DO lose connection with ATC anyway somehow, simply stop the flight in the FSHud interface (not the flight itself in MSFS), then load it again and it will ask you if you want to proceed from your current location. Works like a charm.

21 minutes ago, tup61 said:

That used to be the case a long time ago but it's been a few months since I lost contact with ATC due to missing a waypoint. As it is now FSHud will notice (after some time) you may have missed a point and the proceed from your current location. The same as it is with taxiing. In the very beginning FSHud was very unforgiving if you missed a point but not anymore. I myself hardly ever watch that little compass.

And btw if you DO lose connection with ATC anyway somehow, simply stop the flight in the FSHud interface (not the flight itself in MSFS), then load it again and it will ask you if you want to proceed from your current location. Works like a charm.

So I used FSHud for my flight last night for the first time since release and I was using it with FSLTL. First things first there is WAY to much constant ATC chatter. Which has to do more with the AI settings. But for the whole flight it was constant talking. (Personally annoyed me). And second it had me going to my waypoints but then the distance was going up saying I was going away from them when I was clearly going towards them… had to DIR to two other way points to fix it. (Rather annoying) thirdly the descent was good until for whatever reason I was descend too late to catch the G/S for the ILS which sucked but it is what it is. And fourthly. Even after clearing me to land I was never given the weather so I just had to look next to the compass to see what the weather was… All in all with this flight I would still give FSHud a 2.5-3/5. 

not to mention with FSLTL there’s the constant talking to planes but not a single plane took off, taxied, or landed at the airport so basically it was like default ATC in that aspect. 

Very quick questions.

1. May I use Pilot2ATC as "button" version.

2. Do I have to purchase FSUIPS or freeware version is more than enough.

Thanks

1 hour ago, G-YMML1 said:

Very quick questions.

Thanks

1. Yes there is a button so you don’t have to talk if you don’t want to

2. free FSUIPC works fine 

• Like 1

Everybody is waiting for a big update which supposed to be coming soon. 

For me now I am using Pilot2Atc and have bought all Atc software available. Pilot2Atc works the best for me at the moment.

Edited by rob0203
  • Like 2

Interesting, Unfortunately I am having issues with Pilot2ATC working. The developer is working with me but its delving into regedits and I'm not sure I want to do that.

Perhaps @FSHud can give the folks waiting an update on the time frame for the 'big update' since it seems to have been radio silence from them for a few months now.

38 minutes ago, Lotharen said:

Interesting, Unfortunately I am having issues with Pilot2ATC working. The developer is working with me but its delving into regedits and I'm not sure I want to do that.

Perhaps @FSHud can give the folks waiting an update on the time frame for the 'big update' since it seems to have been radio silence from them for a few months now.

I would take his help without reservation. Got me sorted out. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

On 10/31/2022 at 5:49 AM, Fallen_One said:

So here is my experiences with Pilot2ATC, FSHud, and ProATC/SR:

Pilot2ATC:

PROS:

Never had a vectoring issue for ILS.

Free 10 day trial.

Drew a taxi line on the map for you to follow.

Does not need a microphone. There is a way around that and it works just the same.

Could you please share the workaround to make P2ATC work without microphone? I have looked for it but couldn´t find anything

4 hours ago, kkbelos said:

Could you please share the workaround to make P2ATC work without microphone? I have looked for it but couldn´t find anything

When you have the program up and running you will see a 'PTT' button at the bottom, middle. Next to it is a button with '?+', Click that and a new window will open. If you are on the correct frequency you select one of the 3 options on the dropdown, and then click on the larger widow next to it to see a listing of what you can ask, request, ect. Then click load once you have filled out anything and press, 'Say it' 

Once that window opens up you should get an idea of what to do and after a little playing you will be going in no time.

On 1/17/2023 at 7:51 AM, G-YMML1 said:

Very quick questions.

Thanks

If you can i would absolutely recommend using a mic. Insane immersion. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

On 2/20/2023 at 6:52 PM, Lotharen said:

Please take a look on following topic about upcoming version plans and estimated times:
https://www.simforums.com/forums/ground-traffic_topic65289.html

On 2/21/2023 at 1:12 AM, Lotharen said:

When you have the program up and running you will see a 'PTT' button at the bottom, middle. Next to it is a button with '?+', Click that and a new window will open. If you are on the correct frequency you select one of the 3 options on the dropdown, and then click on the larger widow next to it to see a listing of what you can ask, request, ect. Then click load once you have filled out anything and press, 'Say it' 

Once that window opens up you should get an idea of what to do and after a little playing you will be going in no time.

Thanks, I was wondering how to actually start the program without having a microphone connected. At least on my computer, it doesn´t even let you start the app without it. But I think the workaround has been shared in the message just before yours.