Sign in to follow this  
NextGenSimmer

Anyone knows what is going on with Fenix ??

1 hour ago, NextGenSimmer said:

I am really disappointed with Fenix TBH... 😞 

As am I. Not in Fenix but in the pure hyperbole of your click bait post. Think about how you will look and be received in the future before making such spurious and nonsensical comments.

-B

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, btacon said:

As am I. Not in Fenix but in the pure hyperbole of your click bait post. Think about how you will look and be received in the future before making such spurious and nonsensical comments.

-B

OMG… the man is new user to Avsim who came and shared is opinion and wanted other’s opinion. He did it in a polite way if you ask me ! 
No wonder new people will not come back to Avsim ! 

@NextGenSimmer Welcome to Avsim ! Please dont let some of the old and grumpy folks here to get you down ! Overall there are great people here. 
dont be afraid to post stuff. This is what the forum is for ! 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 4

Roi Ben

1 hour ago, Fiorentoni said:

I'd like a bit more communication. I understand they were silent before release, which was fair, because they had no obligations before release. Now however they have an obligation to their paying customers, which is why I'd like a bit more news in more regular intervals. Like half of what PMDG does maybe? It doesn't have to be revolutionary informative, just "we're still working on this and that, progess is a bit slower/faster because of... next thing we planned is..." Just to keep the curiosity high.

Apart from that, yes, it flies well and I'm really happy, but from all "inaccuracies" the blatantly wrong fuel usage bugs me the most, because the actual difference depends on the lenght of the cruise flight portion, so I cannot for the life of me figure out how to adapt my calculations. Just putting "minus 12" on Simbrief isn't working out. And thing is you cannot rely on the predictions either therefore. A couple of days ago I was in a holding on VATSIM and fuel pred said I'm into my reserve fuel. So in theory I should have diverted, but knewing it was basically a "cruise mode" in the hold I was able to stay there much longer without burning much fuel. But it was a pure guess and did not really feel comfortable with it.
Anyway tldr can't wait for the custom engine modelling.

There are a great many communications, and they do it every day on Discord. 

• Like 6

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Simply calculate what he has earned after release and think what you would do after the first rush is over: best holidays of your life! 😋

• Like 1

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

13 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

OMG… the man is new user to Avsim who came and shared is opinion and wanted other’s opinion. He did it in a polite way if you ask me ! 
No wonder new people will not come back to Avsim ! 

@NextGenSimmer Welcome to Avsim ! Please dont let some of the old and grumpy folks here to get you down ! Overall there are great people here. 
dont be afraid to post stuff. This is what the forum is for ! 

Thank you 🙂 

• Like 1

I9-11900K, 3080 12GB, 64gb, SSD's only, W11 PRO

8 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

There are a great many communications, and they do it every day on Discord. 

Along with many other “when is the next update ?” 🤣

Roi Ben

1 minute ago, roi1862 said:

Along with many other “when is the next update ?” 🤣

And for people too lazy to do a search on the word "updates", will keep asking  the same questions over and over again. Can't fix stupid. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, Car147 said:

Funny seeing these low post counts seem to be some authority on when an update should drop lol

You think that the most vocal have all the wisdom????

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

Why would you insult me and call me a troll ? Did I do something bad to you ? did I insulted you in anyway ? If you don't like the topic you don't have to comment. wow...

AVSIM is a great place still, otherwise I wouldn't be here myself. But I'm going to be honest, there's often a bunch of people piling up on someone posting an opinion that's perceived as unpopular ranging from low-key elitism like making post count an indicator of posting quality or of what you're allowed to say all the way to virtue signaling.

Personally, I think Fenix devs are probably heads down in work taking their time which is good, but given this seems to be an update requiring a lot of working time a rough estimate on how much time this is going to take would be welcome so you can get an impression of whether it's weeks, months or a year (which it's probably not).

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Hi guys,

Maybe in this forum someone has a clue. 

Its now 3 months since they released an update to their product, over a month since they gave some generic update. 

I mean, you guys think its OK ? is it reasonable ?  In their Discord they just gave the same copy&paste answer for the last 3 months "the team are hard at work on the update, no ETA"

I know many people were bashing PMDG, but have a look, PMDG released about 6 or 7 updates since it was released. Plus they are not silenced as Fenix. 

I am really disappointed with Fenix TBH... 😞 

First, welcome to Avsim.

I just want to mention that it seems that the op thread title and statement are better when they are more concise and focused. Maybe it just me but i cannot tell iff you do not like product or that the product has not been updated for a while ?

• Like 1

Most recent discord posts from Aamir below (looks like he wrote these in response to similar whining there about no update since July 7th, which apparently is an everlasting lifetime for some who also seem to be fond of donning headgear made of tinfoil)

https://discord.com/channels/736572376967282769/864947685924012032/1008837599013650523
"Well, there isn’t much else valuable we could add in announcements at this point, the status remains unchanged. We remain working at all the above areas 🙂"

https://discord.com/channels/736572376967282769/864947685924012032/1008821450066636820
"I mean, the entire discussion is there for you to read - but tl;dr - no, we are not working on it right now. We may at some point. But there are higher impact/priority items for us to work on right now, like the external engine model, display rewrites, etc that are far more important to far more of the user base than a remote MCDU."

https://discord.com/channels/736572376967282769/864947685924012032/1008807321876574238
"The last communication we put out was 07/07 in announcements - it gives a pretty good idea about what is being worked on for the next update. With that in mind, as you can see from that update - what is coming will take some time to do properly. We’re touching on pretty much every area of the aircraft. Systems, flight dynamics, sound, visual, etc etc etc - with sweeping overhauls instead of minor tweaks.
Other than that, we’re active pretty much every day of the week in Discord, talking with people.
So, not exactly radio silence from us either
🙂"

https://discord.com/channels/736572376967282769/736572377428787221/1007368612505473104
"To be specific - it will be in iterations. The first thing that’s been redone is the entire descent angle calculation process, which has been made an order of magnitude more sophisticated on the math side of things."

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

1 minute ago, icewater5 said:

First, welcome to Avsim.

I just want to mention that it seems that the op thread title and statement are better when they are more concise and focused. Maybe it just me but i cannot tell iff you do not like product or that the product has not been updated for a while ?

Thank you ! 

I really like the product. Its just that some issues are really annoying me. The incorrect VNAV is one of the top ones. 

• Like 1

I9-11900K, 3080 12GB, 64gb, SSD's only, W11 PRO

3 minutes ago, threegreen said:

AVSIM is a great place still, otherwise I wouldn't be here myself. But I'm going to be honest, there's often a bunch of people piling up on someone posting an opinion that's perceived as unpopular ranging from low-key elitism like making post count an indicator of posting quality or of what you're allowed to say all the way to virtue signaling.

Personally, I think Fenix devs are probably heads down in work taking their time which is good, but given this seems to be an update requiring a lot of working time a rough estimate on how much time this is going to take would be welcome so you can get an impression of whether it's weeks, months or a year (which it's probably not).

I agree on every single word here. The Avsim part and the Fenix part. 

Roi Ben

2 hours ago, steve 86 said:

what needs updating? i used the fenix before on a 3 hour flight and it worked perfect 

well, managed speed is with the latest MSFS202 beta no longer working for me. i have to set it manually way below managed speed to not overshoot...

Carsten U

10 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

https://discord.com/channels/736572376967282769/864947685924012032/1008821450066636820
"[...]like the external engine model, display rewrites[...]

https://discord.com/channels/736572376967282769/864947685924012032/1008807321876574238
"The last communication we put out was 07/07 in announcements - it gives a pretty good idea about what is being worked on for the next update. With that in mind, as you can see from that update - what is coming will take some time to do properly. We’re touching on pretty much every area of the aircraft. Systems, flight dynamics, sound, visual, etc etc etc - with sweeping overhauls instead of minor tweaks.

What is meant by "display rewrites"?

Is there a more detail list that had been put out on 07/07 ?