Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Passing of Queen Elizabeth II - God Bless The Queen

Her Majesty the Queen was part of our lives.
Very sad day indeed.
Rest in Peace, very dear Madam. You were and will remain a model for the humankind.

💐

God save the King Charles III.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

47 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

She’s been my monarch for all but 9 months of my 71 years.

And all of my 55 years. Throughout, she has been a rock of dependability and symbol of constancy in an ever-changing world. I suspect millions, perhaps billions, of people are reflecting on their lives during Queen Elizabeth II's reign in a similar way to myself, and wondering what the future holds.

May she rest in peace.

• Like 1

Regards,

PD

It looks very much as though she died before Princes William, Andrew and Edward reached Balmoral. Their RAF flight from Northolt to Aberdeen landed at 16:00BST (15:00GMT) and they arrived at Balmoral an hour later. Prince Harry arrived separately over two hours later.

The announcement stated she died this afternoon so it looks like they didn’t make it in time. That’s hard to take. Charles and Camilla arrived earlier at Balmoral.

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I am a Dual Citizen and she was the Queen of both my Commonwealth Nationalities, so not only have our friends across the pond lost their Queen, countries across the Commonwealth have also lost their Queen today as she was our official head of state as well in many nations. 

She has been an inspiration throughout my life and strength for many across the Commonwealth, this is the end of a golden era

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Matthew Kane

My sad thoughts are with you, my friends from the UK. A great lady, very much a friend of France too.

🇫🇷🇬🇧

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

A remarkable person, symbol of so many things that no longer exist in Western Europe...We lose a great Lady.

henri

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matthew Kane said:

countries across the Commonwealth have also lost their Queen today as she was our official head of state as well in many nations. 

Oops! Sorry to have missed mentioning such a major detail. I found a list of commonwealth nations and was surprised to find India and Bangladesh listed. 

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Sad day. Never seen her live nor anything but she was easily likable. Rest in peace dear lady.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Strangely I feel more sadness than I ever have for any politician of my own country. May she rest sweetly in the bosom of the Lord. I don't think any of her progeny will measure up.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Vic green

Very sad indeed. She visited Exeter cathedral back in 2002 and we went out to see her. She came right up to us in the crowd with the most amazing and friendly smile on her face, never forgotten that moment. RIP.

• Like 1

A sad day for us in Canada as well. May she rest in peace. She's been the Queen for my entire life; it's going to be an adjustment to think of the King now ... King Charles III. On a side note, it will be interesting to see how long it will take for our money and stamps to change--if indeed they do change.

Edited by JRMurray
Tidy up some grammar
  • Like 3

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

She was probably the most admired head of state in the world.  (Is head of state the proper title for her?)

Years ago I attended the Highland Festival in Estes Park Colorado.  For me the highlight of the two day event was the performance of the Queen's Scot Guards.  They were magnificent (I am a sucker for bagpipe music as it is).  The toe dance by those huge, burley, men on crossed swords with toes never touching steel was amazing.

After I got home I got the Queen's mailing address from the embassy in Washington along with theproper way of addressing the Queen in a letter.  I wrote a letter thanking her for letting them come to perform at Estes Park.

I got a reply.  Not from the Queen herself but by a brigadier on Buckinham Palace stationery.  It begins "The Queen has commanded me....."   It is in my treasure box of keepsakes.

Noel

• Like 6

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

For anyone interested in what happens after the queen has died, this video goes into detail of the well planned procedure codename "London Bridge is down". So far events have happened almost exactly as descibed in this video

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, birdguy said:

She was probably the most admired head of state in the world.  (Is head of state the proper title for her?)

Yes, that’s the correct title. The British monarch is the constitutional head of state. No political interference in government decisions but she had to sign Bills for them to become Law.

Even this week she fulfilled those duties receiving the outgoing Prime Minister to accept his resignation on Tuesday and within the hour asking the new leader of the Conservative Party to form a new government. That was just a little over 48 hours ago. She was alert and working right up to the end.

I appreciate I’m venturing into politics but only to explain the role of the Monarch.

• Like 4

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather