Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

SU 10 is out!

When switching from TAA to DLSS the RTX3080Ti draws half the amount of power then with TAA.
Is this normal behavior ?

With TAA is seems smoother with panning then with DLSS

MSI Tomahawk Z790, I7-13700K, DDR5 6000mhz, MSI 4090, 3x SSD 980 PRO, Corsair 360 Liguid CPU cooler, Corsair H1200V2 power.

27 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

and when I get off the ground it's still stuttery

I’m not surprised with a TLOD of 300. I wish Asobo had of capped that’s setting at 200. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, RJC68 said:

when using DLSS do you keep the same resolution or do you have to lower it?

Keep the same resolution - the native resolution of your screen.

• Like 1

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

9 minutes ago, turbomax said:

DLSS (quality mode)  runs "beyond silky smooth" (42 fps in VR) and looks great, even the fine print in the CJ4 glass cockpit does not show any anti aliasing/compression artefacts and is perfectly readable. I would recommend you get yourself a used RTX 3090 for 800$ or less. unless you are running at 4K or maximum VR resolution you won't need an RTX 4000 class GPU. not sure if DX12 runs any faster than before but very smooth.(keyword: pretty constant frame times, as others have already illustrated.)

I would like to get a 3080 or 3090 a lot, but sadly in the country where I live (Bulgaria), there is a high risk that used GPUs have been used to mine cryptocurrency (half of the offers when searching for graphics cards are mining rigs) and hence not running to their full potential. Buyer-seller trust is not as good in the east like in the west.

It is now possible to buy GTX 3080 new for around 1000 euro which is an option, although this card is not as good as a 3090 and still being sold above MSRP. I bought my PC specifically for MSFS and now that I'm missing out on DLSS my incentive to upgrade is a lot higher. 

• Upvote 1

Strange, for some reason DLSS doesn't come up as an option for me after TAA, still on version 516 drivers and tried both DX11 as well as 12. 

ws5xzd-6.png
Johnny Green

CFII/SMEL
SF340B+

Just now, JGreen5278 said:

Strange, for some reason DLSS doesn't come up as an option for me after TAA, still on version 516 drivers and tried both DX11 as well as 12. 

This appears to be some form of bug,

There's a whole thread about it over  on the MS Forum

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

5 hours ago, DAD said:

feel the same, it's like getting a pair of old worn down socks for christmas 😉

Stinky ones even !!!

• Like 1

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

I see the load changes on the processors in DX12 and other small benefits. But I'm sticking with DX11. In VR, sticking head out left window and looking downward is the acid test. In DX 12 there are microstutters always. In DX 11 there are never any stuttes there at all. This SU was scheduled for late July, not late September. Since the DX 12 issues have not been solved in all that time, I would guess they won't be solved for at least 6 months. We have the updated Nvidia driver now which might solve texture oddities, but it does nothing to stop the DX12 micro stuttering.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

What I want to know is what driver we're supposed to be using to get the benefits of DX12. Is it the studio driver that came out or do we need to wait for the game ready driver?

• Upvote 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

no you can use a studio driver no problem , sometimes there are more stable i think

ROG Crossair Hero X670e , 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM  6000 ( allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer iii 360 AIO  . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz ( allegedly ) TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

8 minutes ago, Krakin said:

What I want to know is what driver we're supposed to be using to get the benefits of DX12. Is it the studio driver that came out or do we need to wait for the game ready driver?

No real difference between both except that game ready drivers include support for recently released games, which MSFS of course isn't. Therefore you can use both and both are identical.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

the studio driver is out now which you can use , iam using it right now with DX12 

ROG Crossair Hero X670e , 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM  6000 ( allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer iii 360 AIO  . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz ( allegedly ) TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

I saw exactly zero improvement with DX12 and the studio driver vs DX11 and the previous driver. 

• Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

I took the afternoon off to download and get everything updated. I didn’t participate in the Beta, so the only things I knew are what I had read here. 

Wow! This is an incredible release.  I went to DX12 with DLSS set to quality.   I have higher, more consistent fps, and the gpu/cpu temps seemed lower.  I was generally using about 15.5 gig of the video card.

‘’I decided to go grab the just flight C172 upgrade, and made a few flights as well.

thank you, Asobo!

• Like 1

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

yes i guess it wont set the world alight for everyone