Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

FSLTL - live traffic finally released

Personally I'd prefer it if Asobo just went back to what we had within the AI traffic system pre SU11, and put the enhancements into some future update when Asobo manage to fix the biggest AI traffic limitations, then we could at least enjoy the likes of FSLTL and AIG on Friday as they were meant to work originally.

Edited by Amon1973
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

SU11 beta has been a lonely place, no MP no/busted AI 😥

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

1 hour ago, motishow said:

then , is better to use in game live traffic instead of FSLTL injector?

That's what I'm doing in SU11 beta, and that's probably what I'll continue to do after Friday when SU11 goes live. I.e. no AIG/FSLTL injector but I have the AIG/FSLTL models and liveries in the community folder. 

The drawbacks: poor model matching, some generic models, no way to tune the amount of AI traffic (hence my mainthread is hammered at major hubs). 

Been testing real-time online with AIFlow and AIGround though and it seems to work. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

7 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

This is with FSLTL injector? According to the dev* there's an issue in SU11 preventing most arrivals from happening. Apparently they have not been able to find a workaround yet, and say it's more or less up to Asobo. If things are working well with AIFlow+AIGround that's promising. 

Yes I am using the FSLTL injector. Just spent nearly an hour at KSFO (San Francisco) and lots of departures with no spinning aircraft. But, no arrivals at all, so my experience at Dubai was something of a one-off it seems. Don't understand why this should happen.

I have tried real time live traffic, but don't like generics and wrong liveries popping up. 

the reason for very little arrivals with FSLTL/AIG in SU11 is because they broke arrivals. AI aircraft can use STARS now, but they're always using the first STAR in the list, not what one makes sense for what direction they're coming from, when they spawn they'll usually head straight for the STAR. It also screws up their altitude as they climb to cruise level while heading to it.

AI traffic doing VFR works better since they don't have to worry about STARS. So for example Cape Air in the USA does VFR routes with AIG's flight plans.

The default live traffic has landings because aircraft can be injected already on final.

Edited by Tuskin38

12 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

That's what I'm doing in SU11 beta, and that's probably what I'll continue to do after Friday when SU11 goes live. I.e. no AIG/FSLTL injector but I have the AIG/FSLTL models and liveries in the community folder. 

The drawbacks: poor model matching, some generic models, no way to tune the amount of AI traffic (hence my mainthread is hammered at major hubs). 

Been testing real-time online with AIFlow and AIGround though and it seems to work. 

Can I ask which specific AIG models you still have to supplement FSLTL?

Good news that FSLTL are bringing more models. Look forward to them.

While SU11b has been broken I've been testing out PSXT and Real Traffic, it's not perfect but I'm enjoying having no go arounds and crazy flight paths 

4 hours ago, james_d said:

Can I ask which specific AIG models you still have to supplement FSLTL?

Good news that FSLTL are bringing more models. Look forward to them.

While SU11b has been broken I've been testing out PSXT and Real Traffic, it's not perfect but I'm enjoying having no go arounds and crazy flight paths 

Yes it's great that they're working on the A380s. Amongst others. 

I've read that FSLTL cannot use the AIG FAIB models. So I've just deleted them from the AIG folder. That was around 20GB out of more than 40GB, so the sim starts a bit faster. 

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

So what ? Does FSLTL now work with SU11 or not, i do not mean special things, only want to know if it works as you start MSFS or crashes right on beginning ?

cheers 😉

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

24 minutes ago, pmplayer said:

So what ? Does FSLTL now work with SU11 or not, i do not mean special things, only want to know if it works as you start MSFS or crashes right on beginning ?

cheers 😉

It doesn't crash. But arrivals are broken. 

• Like 2

Well the final SU11 is released and still no landings. So whatever they changed stayed the same. No airplanes landing makes this addon nearly useless

• Like 2

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

19 minutes ago, styckx said:

Well the final SU11 is released and still no landings. So whatever they changed stayed the same. No airplanes landing makes this addon nearly useless

Total crappp from Asobo, make AIG and FSLTL almost useless. Live traffic is awful, plenty of mismatched liveries, immersion killer at it's best.

• Like 4

Sergio Naiberg

Gonna put MSFS on the shelf again due to this. Haven't even bothered to download the SU11 update.

Edited by Lange_666

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

11 minutes ago, SN737 said:

Total crappp from Asobo, make AIG and FSLTL almost useless. Live traffic is awful, plenty of mismatched liveries, immersion killer at it's best.

Or you can fly on VATSIM....

Orders of magnitude more immersive.

Edited by ErichB