Sign in to follow this  
vin747

Landing the FENIX 320

38 minutes ago, Aamir said:

Heya, a few others and myself have tried to help but you haven't answered any of the questions put forth - making it very difficult to figure out where your issue is.

Could you please answer the following questions:

1) Do you have MSFS icing enabled or disabled?

2) Do you use FSRealistic?

3) Do you use ToolbarPushback?

4) Would you be able to upload a video of this behaviour?

5) What version number are you on?

The icing is disabled (why in winter a so important feature should be disabled? because your A320 will drive nuts). I don't use FSRealistic and I'll never use it. I don't know what TP is, so I can say that I don't use these candy programs. Regarding the video, it is not useful, my suggestion is to do an online flight together you and other users. I'm using the most recent versions of FS20 and your Fenix A320, it's obvious.

I think that you know better than us the limits of your airplane, please don't waste your time with obvious questions and find the way to make your A320 better.

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

WOW !

• Like 1

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

1 hour ago, Aamir said:

Heya, a few others and myself have tried to help but you haven't answered any of the questions put forth - making it very difficult to figure out where your issue is.

Could you please answer the following questions:

1) Do you have MSFS icing enabled or disabled?

2) Do you use FSRealistic?

3) Do you use ToolbarPushback?

4) Would you be able to upload a video of this behaviour?

5) What version number are you on?

With all my respect, because this is the best ac I have ever boght (simmer since Sub Logic, I can´t buy your argument. Landing is a pain in the word not allowed. All other ac (PMDG. FBW)  perform perfectly. Maybe it´s the live weather (3kts headwind ia a hard challenge?), but how the others can deal with it? And yes, bouncing and keep the ac straigh after landing is a challenge. BTW, I don´t have FSRealistic.

Anyway, what a great product.

Miguel.

Edited by miguelpp

There is definitely something going on in the flare. Either the plane float, either the landing is too hard. The window for a good landing seems really really small. It seems as if you are not in the perfect energy state during the flare, you can’t get a normal landing. I tried to shoot a few approaches in a row using FSI panel and I can’t get a clear pattern to manage the flare correctly. Even with the same technic the results differ widely. You need to be as precise as autoland to get a good landing ie begining the flare at the right time, right speed, right pitch up rate and right pitch attitude. If one of those parameters is wrong, then it results in a bad landing, which seems a bit to much unforgiving in my opinion.

But as others say, we still love the plane   😄

Pierre

• Like 1

I have used several Airbuses in the sims in the recent years, accumulating several hundreds of flights, Aerosoft, FSLabs, FBW and Fenix. The Fenix in MSFS (with live weather) for me is by far the most immersive when it comes to handflying and landing. Of course it is a challenge to get the flare right everytime and keep the aircraft on centerline after landing with a crosswind. That's why it is such a joy to fly the Fenix in MSFS. If you want an aircraft flying on rails on approach where you can let go all the controls at the moment you touch the ground (that is how the FBW performed when I last tried it several months ago - it might have improved since then), the Fenix is not for you.

Aamir, please don't question your flight dynamics again. It is just great the way it is!

Edited by RALF9636

8 hours ago, Farlis said:

When you have the AUTO-TCAS system installed, yes. That is why I switch it off all the time. I would use it if I fly with real online traffic, but never with AI and their total lack of regard of seperation. 😉

I’ll turn it off for sure, in the EFB settings? There’s absolutely no point in having it on with wacko AI traffic with zero percent separation. Totally unrealistic. Sometimes I even wonder why I use AI traffic. I’ve stopped using ATC, so might as well turn off traffic as well I guess.

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

3 hours ago, miguelpp said:

I agree, flying finals by hand are a nightmare even with 3kts headwind.

16 minutes ago, miguelpp said:

All other ac (PMDG. FBW)  perform perfectly. Maybe it´s the live weather (3kts headwind ia a hard challenge?), but how the others can deal with it? And yes, bouncing and keep the ac straigh after landing is a challenge.

5 minutes ago, Pochi said:

There is definitely something going on in the flare.

What controllers are you both using? How are your sensitivity curves defined in MSFS?

Using the Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick here and other than having to fly short final at Vapp +5, it lands just fine manually.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

2 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

What controllers are you both using? How are your sensitivity curves defined in MSFS?

Using the Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick here and other than having to fly short final at Vapp +5, it lands just fine manually.

Thanks for your dedication. Tired of this. More than 30 years simming. Do you remember the Phoenix 320 series in 2002? First Airbus in Fs World. It was a blast! This ac seems is not for me. I have a Logitech 3D Pro. Works like a charm with all planes since lot of years,

I´ll be looking for the new B777 from PMDG or the A330. 

Thanks , again.

Miguel.

2 hours ago, miguelpp said:

With all my respect, because this is the best ac I have ever boght (simmer since Sub Logic, I can´t buy your argument. Landing is a pain in the word not allowed. All other ac (PMDG. FBW)  perform perfectly. Maybe it´s the live weather (3kts headwind ia a hard challenge?), but how the others can deal with it? And yes, bouncing and keep the ac straigh after landing is a challenge. BTW, I don´t have FSRealistic.

Anyway, what a great product.

Miguel.

I’m not selling an argument, I’m debugging. In order to debug you need to ask these questions - as I need to know the circumstances around the problem in order to find the issue. Unfortunately I cannot simply know or assume. 

2 hours ago, Claudius_ said:

The icing is disabled (why in winter a so important feature should be disabled? because your A320 will drive nuts). I don't use FSRealistic and I'll never use it. I don't know what TP is, so I can say that I don't use these candy programs. Regarding the video, it is not useful, my suggestion is to do an online flight together you and other users. I'm using the most recent versions of FS20 and your Fenix A320, it's obvious.

I think that you know better than us the limits of your airplane, please don't waste your time with obvious questions and find the way to make your A320 better.

Given I must debug the issue, and have debugged a few hundred other issues, I have reasonable experience enough to say a video will suffice to start. I’m not sure what online flying together will achieve, however, this is not something I can offer to do. I do not deem my requests a waste of my time.

As you do not seem to want to provide a video or any further explanation, I am happy to arrange a refund for your product as you do not seem satisfied with your experience. I am unable to proceed with resolving your issue with the information you’ve given me or without a video.

As much as I’d like to simply just find a way to make the A320 better and fix your issue, I cannot do this without your cooperation. This involves me asking for information and you providing what I need in order to find the issue, despite the questions seeming basic and/or obvious.  Unfortunately I do not inherently possess the knowledge of what you do and do not have installed on your system, hence I must ask :)

If you’d like to proceed with the refund, feel free to DM me your order number and I’ll have it arranged by one of the support team. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Aamir Thacker

7 minutes ago, Aamir said:
2 hours ago, Claudius_ said:

think that you know better than us the limits of your airplane, please don't waste your time with obvious questions and find the way to make your A320 better.

Given I must debug the issue, and have debugged a few hundred other issues, I have reasonable experience enough to say a video will suffice to start. I’m not sure what online flying together will achieve, however, this is not something I can offer to do. I do not deem my requests a waste of my time.

Wow, quite some harsh (to put it mildly) words from Claudius, complaining and then refusing help offered. Aamir, respect, still explaining extensively why a nice cosy multiplayer fly-in wouldn’t help here. Amazed how childish some folks refuse help from a developer and instead demand a way to make something better. „Doctor, I feel this immense pain. I will not show you where but you better don’t ask questions and just prescribe me something“. Interesting attitude

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

3 minutes ago, DAD said:

Doctor, I feel this immense pain. I will not show you where but you better don’t ask questions and just prescribe me something“. Interesting attitude

Nailed it. 

i9-13900K | 6400MHz DDR5 (32GB) | GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | ViewSonic 27in QHD VA 165Hz Curved | Windows 10 |

MSFS Premium Deluxe | PMDG 737 | PMDG 777 | Horizon 787-9

Marc

1 hour ago, Aamir said:

If you’d like to proceed with the refund, feel free to DM me your order number and I’ll have it arranged by one of the support team. 

No need of my money back, I'm disappointed about some important problems regarding your A320 like the flight model and the disabled icing effects (also, the VNAV needs to be improved), but after all I find that your A320 has a good potential, hoping for serious and real improvements in the future, possibly without fan*boys

Edited by Claudius_

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

1 hour ago, DAD said:

Wow, quite some harsh (to put it mildly) words from Claudius, complaining and then refusing help offered. Aamir, respect, still explaining extensively why a nice cosy multiplayer fly-in wouldn’t help here. Amazed how childish some folks refuse help from a developer and instead demand a way to make something better. „Doctor, I feel this immense pain. I will not show you where but you better don’t ask questions and just prescribe me something“. Interesting attitude

The same guy I presume complaining in the Discord about icing is Fenix fault. Even when people tell him icing is not realistic in MSFS and people are complaining via the forums.

Imagine not listening to announcements or what people say don't know how many times it has been said that "VNAV is still being worked on even then its not perfect in the real aircraft." 

Edited by carlanthony24

Maybe a bit off, but some of things I've noticed when landing:

VLS/GS mini/VApp speed stays around 140 (Vapp) even over the numbers in higher winds.  That WILL cause a float in ANY situation.  Now some of that is likely due to the winds in MSFS also.  It also plays havoc with the auto thrust.

It seems like the plane may be developed to some degree to compensate for the exaggerated physics in MSFS maybe (in some areas)?  Not saying that's a bad thing, but a necessary evil for now?  Being that the MSFS WX engine is still under re-write and only about halfway there, maybe that's what we're observing?  Amir or someone can correct me if I'm off on that.

It seems like we still have only one foot in the door at this point, but making progress, just makes it frustrating.

Also, there's still the uncommanded acceleration to 250 knots when approaching decel.  Not sure if this has been noted or not.

VNAV is fairly OK for now.  Any strange behaviors can easily be overcome with a little spoiler or speed intervention or what not.  There are more pressing issues, I think.

Anyway, I think the issues might be on both sides of the house not withstanding any user error.

• Upvote 1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

I don't get it. After the last update, my landings have been better in the A320 lately than they have been in either the 737 or 738. It feels just right to me now.

Timing the flare to the throttle reduction seems to be the most important factor to getting a perfect landing.

Edited by MDFlier
  • Like 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440