Sign in to follow this  
vin747

Landing the FENIX 320

18 minutes ago, Aamir said:

I don't know who the someone is but as far as we're concerned we've never shared any concrete timeframes. "As soon as possible" is the answer. 

Would highly recommend reading my post just one page prior. 

I think the post was by someone named David and said he "hoped" to have it out by the end of the week

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

18 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

I think the post was by someone named David and said he "hoped" to have it out by the end of the week

https://discord.com/channels/736572376967282769/1024051725583265822/1031974842083311697

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I'm eagerly waiting for the update also but regardless of who said what, they are working on getting something out as soon as possible. If it improves the landing issues some are having then it's a win-win for the community.  

Edited by Wise87
  • Like 2

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

I mean, this is just a classic example of why we absolutely point blank refuse to give any sort of loose timeframe for anything - despite it being prefaced with "attempt to" - I've asked him to go back and put that word in bold for now.

Edited by Aamir
  • Like 1

Aamir Thacker

Time to revoke his microwave rights again - and to remove all ATP memorabilia from him 😀

Edited by ConstVoid
  • Like 3

Ian Box

27 minutes ago, Aamir said:

I mean, this is just a classic example of why we absolutely point blank refuse to give any sort of loose timeframe for anything - despite it being prefaced with "attempt to" - I've asked him to go back and put that word in bold for now.

It really really sucks being the kind of person who appreciates loose, tentative dates because it gives me a solid timeframes of what developers are imagining.

"The devs think it might be out by the 22nd so I might be flying it during my vacation on the 24th. I should make time to update my sim before then just in case." Instead of nothing at all.

The few ruin everything for the many. This is the way.

Edited by WestAir

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

9 hours ago, Aamir said:

I don't know who the someone is but as far as we're concerned we've never shared any concrete timeframes. "As soon as possible" is the answer. 

Would highly recommend reading my post just one page prior. 

Ok thanks Aamir, will give it a go.

I'm not meaning to be negative about the A320, you've created a fine piece of gear !

But the landings are extremely difficult in this aircraft.        

Pan Pan Pan

13 hours ago, Aamir said:

Hi Aamir,

Thank you so much for the detailed explanations you gave. This is the best communication I've ever had from a developer about what is being done behind the scenes. Take as much time as you guys need, and look after the team (I hope Dave continues to have microwave rights). Appreciate all you and your team do. 

Best wishes

Chen

• Upvote 1

Chen Chen

MSFS: FENIX A320 / PMDG 737 / FBW A32NX / WT 787-10

NZAA 

Will the aircraft do a traffic avoidance maneuver when configured for an autoland? I think that’s what happened today when an AI cut underneath me on short final. Aircraft started to climb and I had to go missed. 

Or rather, what actually happened was that I childishly tried to bring it down anyway, ending up blasting through the barrier at the end of KBUR runway 08. Then I sort of rage-quitted the sim. 

No hard feelings towards the Fenix devs if this was the case though, I love the aircraft. Just one of those MSFS moments that ruined an otherwise very enjoyable flight.

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

15 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Will the aircraft do a traffic avoidance maneuver when configured for an autoland?

I think so, I had something similar happen a few builds back.  Similar rage quit until I realized what happened haha.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Sometimes i have bouncy landings with fenix, at touchdown v/s and g okey but a/c bouncing. İ dont have this behavior with pmdg or a32nx. Any idea?

C. Uygar

Aircraft Maint. Engineer. at LTFJ

12 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Will the aircraft do a traffic avoidance maneuver when configured for an autoland?

When you have the AUTO-TCAS system installed, yes. That is why I switch it off all the time. I would use it if I fly with real online traffic, but never with AI and their total lack of regard of seperation. 😉

• Like 2

I like the Fenix A320, but it has some absurd limits: you have to disable the icing effects and it's very hard to land it manually. But today after take off from LSZH I decided to climb at about 5000ft manually, and I found it a BRICK, absolutely not coordinated with the rudder, it has a sort of "rubber" response. I can fly this thing with little joystick movements, but if you need more response you'll in be in trouble. This could explain the landing problems where the response and the rudder coordination have to be perfect and "responsive". Compared to a PMDG B737, this A320 is a brick, not only because they are different airplanes, not to mention the FBW A320 that is pleasure to fly and landing manually.

Edited by Claudius_

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

1 hour ago, Claudius_ said:

it's very hard to land it manually

Worth checking if you're on the latest version. I've not had any bad reviews sent to me on landing dynamics from any type-rated pilots or streamers (both in beta and out of) on the latest version - most are very positive and say it's the best it's ever felt to them.

Failing that I'd highly recommend taking a video of the issue you're experiencing and posting it here or sending it to support as I cannot debug the issue from your description, I need a lot more information to see what's going wrong.

1 hour ago, Claudius_ said:

fly this thing with little joystick movements

That's mostly how you're supposed to fly an Airbus, with your finger tips!

• Like 3

Aamir Thacker