Sign in to follow this  
penta_a

MSFS is now 10 million players strong

5 minutes ago, FlyingGoose said:

The ignore poster button is the best solution for some things.

Why some of these elitist simmers on the other platforms are quite comical from time to time. Its like they can't even enjoy their superior simulation of software without thinking about MSFS all the time and posting here, its a rather scary mental sickness I believe.

• Like 3

I wonder what the next milestone for MSFS will be. I suspect they have some big plans - Jorg spoke of three surprises, and I’m quietly hoping that one is the official liveries. Yes I can go download them but it’s a pain. 

another big one is the community gateway like XPlane has.  They had hired some people to work on it last year so I think we’ll see this next year. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, FlyingGoose said:

Jorg spoke of three surprises, and I’m quietly hoping that one is the official liveries.

I am hoping for some improvement to the car / road traffic now that I am flying lower levels with Helis, but that is not high on the list of concerns...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, FlyingGoose said:

another big one is the community gateway like XPlane has.  They had hired some people to work on it last year so I think we’ll see this next year. 

I also think that‘s a safe bet. The tool was briefly introduced in the last dev Q&A and they‘re looking for testers. Good signs.

Seasons could also be one of these big surprises. They‘ve been working on it for quite a while now. 

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Cease the baiting now or I’ll lock the topic and holidays will be issued.

And as for trying to bypass the swear filter consider yourself lucky you’re not on a holiday now.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

6 hours ago, Fielder said:

My sim's better than your sim!

My sim's better than yours!

I know you are directing this at the other side, but despite that it might not even be the OP's intention its exactly what threads like this are implying from the outset (saying you are the biggest or the best implicitly means you regard yourself as bigger or better than someone else), so its expected that zealots from the other sides will feel the desire to interject and play down triumphant claims

It reminds me of the tribal aspect of football fans.

Just enjoy the game, its not about being being in the best (whatever that means) or even the largest tribe

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Cease the baiting now or I’ll lock the topic and holidays will be issued.

And as for trying to bypass the swear filter consider yourself lucky you’re not on a holiday now.

Hi Ray. This is the second time that Blingthinger has come to the MSFS forums and riled up the people in a thread. The first time, you had warned him in this thread:

Hope you keep an eye on Blingthinger. He/she has a habit of coming into the MSFS forums, trolling, and riling people up. We even asked Blingthinger to tone down the use of his/her language last time, and not incite people here in the MSFS forum with his/her use of language and word choice.  But Blingthinger just refuses, despite us asking him/her the last time he/she was warned.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

@abrams_tank, the topic, including his posts, are being monitored. 😉

• Like 10

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

7 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@abrams_tank, the topic, including his posts, are being monitored. 😉

Thank you, that's appreciated 👍

• Upvote 1

Just put him on your ignore list. Amazes me how many people get annoyed but respond to such posts anyway when blocking the posts is so very easy. 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

15 minutes ago, St Mawgan said:

Just put him on your ignore list. Amazes me how many people get annoyed but respond to such posts anyway when blocking the posts is so very easy. 

While 'ignoring a poster' it is an option for those with very low tolerance or anger thresholds, I don't see blocking / ignoring as the right way to go if you are a well balanced and reasonable person; it just shows another level of intolerance really.

There are quite a few posters whose attitudes and posts I don't like, but I have never put anyone on the ignore list, as I think they should simply be called out, challenged, or blocked by the moderators if it goes too far.  That is how two way discussions work. 

Even if we find some comments abhorrent, it is important that free speech remains visible so we all know who the idiots are! :biggrin:

Also. sometimes I am surprised occasionally by posters I have not taken a liking to in the past.  Sometimes they can post useful information, or impart a little pearl of wisdom that I would have missed if I had blocked them. 

Anyway, I also don't block as I like to see what is being said behind my back!  :laugh:

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

8 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

While 'ignoring a poster' it is an option for those with very low tolerance or anger thresholds, I don't see blocking / ignoring as the right way to go if you are a well balanced and reasonable person; it just shows another level of intolerance really.

There are quite a few posters whose attitudes and posts I don't like, but I have never put anyone on the ignore list, as I think they should simply be called out, challenged, or blocked by the moderators if it goes too far.  That is how two way discussions work. 

Even if we find some comments abhorrent, it is important that free speech remains visible so we all know who the idiots are! :biggrin:

Also. sometimes I am surprised occasionally by posters I have not taken a liking to in the past.  Sometimes they can post useful information, or impart a little pearl of wisdom that I would have missed if I had blocked them. 

Anyway, I also don't block as I like to see what is being said behind my back!  :laugh:

Yup, I agree with @bobcat999.  Ignoring isn't a good solution, because then other posters from the "other" forum will come here and run amok in the MSFS forum because they see there is no pushback when they do so.  I think they need to be challenged and called out for their behavior here when they step over the line.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Upvote 2

I think it's fairly easy with some forum users to see that there will never be anything but antagonistic comments. I'm more than happy to block those from ever appearing. The poster will still have the right to post and their rights to free speech remained unimpaired but I won't have to waste any time reading them or having to tell them they are wrong. Life is too short to be tolerant of everybody and not everybody deserves attention. 

• Upvote 1

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

7 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Yup, I agree with @bobcat999.  Ignoring isn't a good solution, because then other posters from the "other" forum will come here and run amok in the MSFS forum because they see there is no pushback when they do so.  I think they need to be challenged and called out for their behavior here when they step over the line.

But the people who come here and do that only do so because it provokes a reaction. Don't feed their narcissism and they won't bother. 

edit - and weren't you just calling for them to be banned outright? 

Edited by St Mawgan

9 minutes ago, St Mawgan said:

I think it's fairly easy with some forum users to see that there will never be anything but antagonistic comments. I'm more than happy to block those from ever appearing. The poster will still have the right to post and their rights to free speech remained unimpaired but I won't have to waste any time reading them or having to tell them they are wrong. Life is too short to be tolerant of everybody and not everybody deserves attention. 

Sure, just another valid opinion and I understand it - everyone is different.  I won't block you for it!  :laugh:

There is never a totally right or wrong way to deal with these things; it is down to the individual.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.