Sign in to follow this  
penta_a

MSFS is now 10 million players strong

My sim is bigger, better, smarter than yours (such a wonderful adult song, not for juveniles). 

Edited by Fielder

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

i would like to know the amount that play regularly say, at least once a week for at least one hour or so.

ofcourse they know but wont make that public , i am afraid.

a wild guess, maybe 100.000 ??? could be totally wrong there.

On 12/7/2022 at 3:04 PM, Bobsk8 said:

Why is it on Avsim, whenever there is something positive posted about MSFS, there are always one or two posters that have to try and rain on everyone's parade with their negative garbage? 

LOL, look who's talking. 

The same can be said about you when someone posts something positive about XP or even P3D.

Edited by CarlosF
  • Upvote 2

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

I think one thing that might be missed is the role of Asobos approach in growing and retaining a healthy userbase.

What I mean is, where a more traditional sim might have simply released and then been content with occasional mild fix-updates, Asobo has essentially adopted a sort of new-feature-of-the-month extravaganza approach; offering something new or updated on a constant basis to retain the interest of players/users who might otherwise have grown bored and wandered off over time, had the product remained as stagnant has traditionally been the case.

Also in play is their policy of near continuous (near overwhelming comparatively) involvement with their userbase via interviews, blogs, videos, previews and anything else they can throw out to keep people of all types engaged.

To me, the last two years, beginning with the initial invitation of strategic influencers to come take a look at the product, has essentially been an unprecedented (at least in this niche) long-term promotion cycle, that so far seems to have been quite successful in not only pulling new users in the door, but then (also) going on to retain the good will and interest of enough of said users to hopefully promote/fund robust development in the longer term.

Despite our habitual grumbling about this and that, I myself have never seen a civilian flightsim explode in pretty much every direction with such blinding speed.

• Like 18

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

On 12/7/2022 at 5:30 PM, ryanbatc said:

Interesting.  I assume it means not 10 million active players, but 10 millions customers since it was released.  Still, money is money 10 million customers!

My quick maffs skillz tell me that'll be close to 1 billion $ just by sales of the main product.

Edited by tweekz

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

15 hours ago, blingthinger said:

I said that the vast majority of them (say 9.5 million worth) more than likely couldn't care less about flight simulation.

Without those 9.5 million, we'd still stick around with sims that look like gradually improved versions of FSX. So be greatful for them.

Edited by tweekz
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 3

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

2 hours ago, tweekz said:

Without those 9.5 million, we'd still stick around with sims that look like gradually improved versions of FSX. So be greatful for them.

I agree. MSFS is truly a generational gap.  MSFS brought flight simulation to the 2020s.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

9 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

the topic, including his posts, are being monitored.

And you retain the blithe comments about mental illness? I would think that any comments along those lines would get removed, no? ALL of them. Regardless of the forum.

I'm not the one being disrespectful to people. I won't hesitate to laugh at products, but isn't that part of any review process? Nor am I trumpeting other products here. This has been purely fs2020 talk. Along with personal insults aimed directly at me.

I've not been the only one commenting about the 'hot air' of 10 million. Nor will I ignore false accusations and misrepresentations of things I've said.

16 hours ago, jbdbow1970 said:

its a rather scary mental sickness I believe.

• Upvote 1

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

3 hours ago, tweekz said:

gradually improved versions of FSX

Just be sure your network connection is working! Otherwise, that's exactly what you get. If it even starts at all on your xbox.

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

15 minutes ago, blingthinger said:

Just be sure your network connection is working! Otherwise, that's exactly what you get. If it even starts at all on your xbox.

First, I never had problems regarding connectivity worth mentioning. And as fallback you still get all the OSM data. Scenery including buildings are still placed correctly, just with autogen textures.

On top comes the graphical fidelity overall.

Edited by tweekz
  • Like 2

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

3 minutes ago, tweekz said:

OSM data

OSM? They're not using that. It's actually the other way around iirc. OSM is gradually absorbing the building footprint databases built from this project.

Edited by blingthinger

35 minutes ago, blingthinger said:

Oh, yeah. I heard it though the grapevine that they would close down the servers in a couple of months. 

🤡

• Like 3

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

7 hours ago, LIML2020 said:

Don't play all together Please 

Play??? We don't "play" msfs because it's a propah sim. 

x-"play"n. Well, you can play that 🤣

*I know know sorry, it's a pathetic joke.*

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blingthinger said:

OSM? They're not using that. It's actually the other way around iirc. OSM is gradually absorbing the building footprint databases built from this project.

You’re right. Blackshark isn’t using OSM per se.  Their AI is directly extruding buildings from the satellite photography with accurately textures roofs etc.  It’s proven to be a superior technique than efforts like Simheaven using OSM since OSM is incomplete and or wrong is many places based upon its crowdsourced data.

It’s also why the foliage in the sim is nearly accurate to the tree (or at least tree clusters) as can be clearly seen in the many side by side videos of MSFS to real life that have been out for a while.  The foliage is extracted from satellite photography at the same time as the buildings.

The end result is pretty spectacular especially if you intimately know the area you’re flying over in real life.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1