Sign in to follow this  
V1ROTA7E

PMDG Update

1 hour ago, captain420 said:

I really can't wait until all the 737's are done. Tbh, I'm so tired of 737's. I really want the 777 and 747. The only 737 I would be interested is the MAX.

Sameeeeeee. 

• Like 2

The new radios have to be enabled on the last page of the FMC equipment options. Seems like GLS is still inop though.

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

9 hours ago, DAD said:

Nice, almost buried under the FS Traffic release but happy to see PMDG are creeping forward towards -900 and EFB release. Re the EFB communication channel turning off it is nice they try to get some feedback from Asobo but wonder why they don‘t ask some of the other devs with working EFB since RSR mentioned in his recent interview that it would not be the first time devs are helping each other… but well, may be for a reason beyond my limited imagination

I took from the 3hr interview RR did recently that they are coding the EFB in C++ and this is giving them difficulties in the back/ forth communication with the sim, using this as it is what they know best to be able to do what they want to do when they resolve the data feed back comms issues. I would imagine other developers are using java script for the EFB as this is the sims intended method, and Fenix is likely communicating with the external pro sim element of the aircraft.

Just my take away.

1 hour ago, Simple B said:

I took from the 3hr interview RR did recently that they are coding the EFB in C++ and this is giving them difficulties in the back/ forth communication with the sim, using this as it is what they know best to be able to do what they want to do when they resolve the data feed back comms issues.

No, they’re programming it in JS. Their EFB, like everyone else’s (who also use WASM), interacts with the WASM modules to direct certain systems like, state management or uplink simbrief data.

The problem is the communication between WASM and JS is done in a very primitive way, specifically bits. PMDG is complaining of having to write a serialiser to convert objects to bits. 

this isn’t new and PMDG certainly aren’t the first despite claiming to be. It’s just a way for them to seem to have unique issues as opposed to other developers.

Edited by Lucky38i
Forgot quote

1 hour ago, JSmith2112 said:

The new radios have to be enabled on the last page of the FMC equipment options. Seems like GLS is still inop though.

I know the base station frequencies are present on the charts, but are they also present on the navdata? 

2 hours ago, JSmith2112 said:

Seems like GLS is still inop though.

Thats what the changelog says.

"GLS approaches pending"

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

49 minutes ago, bendead said:

I know the base station frequencies are present on the charts, but are they also present on the navdata? 

The ILS frequencies are available to look up in the FMC under approach if I recall correctly if that's what you were asking?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Victors Valiant said:

Somehow PMDG is still struggling with the tablet and waiting on Asobo, while other developers have had a working tablet for multiple years now

As I've said before, PMDG should just hire some kid off of flightsim.to that can probably get this done over the weekend.

Same with upgrading the low rez textures: hire a texture artist (plenty of them on flightsim.to, too). Job done.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, JSmith2112 said:

The ILS frequencies are available to look up in the FMC under approach if I recall correctly if that's what you were asking?

No, I was speaking about the GLS frequency with 5 digits, It's present on some RNP approach charts. I used the term base station, because if I remember well, it's working like a differential GNSS system.

Edit : the GLS info is present on Littlenavmap, so it's available on the navdata

Edited by bendead
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

As I've said before, PMDG should just hire some kid off of flightsim.to that can probably get this done over the weekend.

Same with upgrading the low rez textures: hire a texture artist (plenty of them on flightsim.to, too). Job done.

On of the best exemple I saw was a mod on flightsim.to fixing the HUD skewed flight path vector, way before it was officially fixed by PMDG.

8 hours ago, MikeH99 said:

Good update no whaffle just telling us what's happening.

Some waffle.  But a good update

22 minutes ago, bendead said:

Edit : the GLS info is present on Littlenavmap, so it's available on the navdata

Good to know since I cancelled my Navigraph subscription a while ago and like using Littlenavmap. 

The update seemed to relax the excessive "flapping wings" wing flex effect ? or is it just me again ? 

Roi Ben

2 hours ago, Lucky38i said:

PMDG is complaining of having to write a serialiser to convert objects to bits.

😄Those were my thoughts exactly when I read his comment. And the problem is...???

I think the EFB is held up because they aren't trying to write an EFB for one airplane, or even one line of airplanes. I think they are building a framework that they can use to put an EFB in everything they develop going forward. This is a smart move, but it puts all of the difficult work in the front end, so to us users it appears that nothing is happening. It should speed up the development of the rest of their lineup later on.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

I wonder why Fenix and FBW have a wonderfully working EFB and PMDG complains about the difficulties of programming it. MDFlier could be right, of course, that they try to achieve something different.