Sign in to follow this  
Tuskin38

AAU1 Releases Today at 1600Z

Just got in game 652 mb update. No store update. I am in the beta with deluxe store edition.

• Like 1

Alienware Aurora R13, i9 12900K, Z690, 3080ti, 64GB DDR5, 2TB NVMe

Sweet! Unless they made some last-minute changes to the beta, this update will be super stable. Never have I had so much satisfaction from a sim flying the TBM lately, it was just perfect. Can't wait for the other updates to arrive hopefully soon too, HJet, VisionJet, A310.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, St Mawgan said:

I don't fly the CJ4, the Longitude or the TBM 😶

But you might fly aircraft that use the default GNS 430/530, G3000 or G5000, they all benefit from the greatly improved Garmin avionics.

Edited by pstrub
  • Like 3

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

33 minutes ago, St Mawgan said:

Never been a better time to get started then!

• Like 4

Cool. Time to move on to the SU beta. I have really high hopes for the next one. 

• Upvote 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

And with this release, MSFS widens the gap between itself and the competition.  A huge gap too, I would say. Congratz to the Working Title and the MSFS team for their hard work!

• Like 7
  • Upvote 4

Actually I had to go in and change 'isUserSelectable = 0' on the TBM yet again as it was showing up in my hanger. The CJ4 and Longitude were already uninstalled but you can't uninstall the TBM, just block it from showing. 

Edited by St Mawgan

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

8 minutes ago, btacon said:

Never been a better time to get started then!

looking forward to trying the CJ4 again

Standard edition user here, but with this out I would happily upgrade to premium deluxe. Was following this since it was announced. Outstanding work by the WT guys. A big thank to all involved in this.

Alex 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, St Mawgan said:

There's another fix in this update that will be very welcome this time of year in the northern hemisphere: Runways and taxiways will no longer be covered in snow. (Previously, runways even at big airports could be almost entirely blanketed in snow, making them almost impossible to see.) 

• Like 8

Anything the MSFS dev team do to keep improving the fidelity of the default aircraft and avionics is extreme goodness, and in the case of avionics also benefits other 3PD aircraft. The sheer depth of the avionics updated by WT in MSFS is unprecedented and so close to the real deal. Keep the AAUs coming, looking forward and wondering what aircraft/devices they'll focus on in AAU2 and AAU3.

After this, we have WU12, the February "surprise", and then SU12... Kudos MS/Asobo and keep on rolling!

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Is it correct that the CJ4 no longer has the checklist and passenger briefings and simbrief import, previously available with the WT mod?

I call Dibs on being That Guy that posts how the tree girth or whale flukes or something else completely not related to what's in the release notes is not fixed in this update.  I've never done that yet and figured we took turns or something?

• Like 7

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

Just now, Fiorentoni said:

checklist

This didn't make the cut due to time, and because paper versions are available. We thought it was more important, since this isn't a port of the mod but rebuilt from the ground up to an even higher standard, to include things like the split FMCs and split MFDs.

1 minute ago, Fiorentoni said:

passenger briefings

Currently the rights to that audio is not available.

2 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

simbrief import

This is not implemented due to licensing and third party API restrictions. Interactions with third party APIs for official sim features require licensing, legal agreements, guaranteed uptimes by the API provider, support SLAs, etc, to protect simmers from features just disappearing from the sim due to third party issues. As of right now there are no agreements in place for these features, unfortunately.

• Like 10
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Is it correct that the CJ4 no longer has the checklist and passenger briefings and simbrief import, previously available with the WT mod?

Correct.

It's a completely new build. So that code never existed for it.

G

• Like 3

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron