Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

WU12 Released: New Zealand

3 minutes ago, David Mills said:

Is my assumption correct that Wellington would be the location of the biggest airport?

Largest is Auckland, then Christchurch, then Wellington.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, cj-ibbotson said:

Just spawned into Queenstown and there is no terminal building.  Can only assume its a SU12 Beta problem.  Everything is up to date.

Im surprised its not compatible with the beta given its released at the same time.  Looks like I maybe reverting back to SU11 tomorrow

The Queenstown issue is mentioned in the SU12 patch notes.

I guess you don't have the MSFS edition that comes with the handcrafted Queenstown? That shows up fine for me, though there's a elevation issue near where the taxiway connects tot the runway, it's a steep incline.

Edited by Tuskin38

11 minutes ago, cj-ibbotson said:

Just spawned into Queenstown and there is no terminal building.  Can only assume its a SU12 Beta problem.  Everything is up to date.

Im surprised its not compatible with the beta given its released at the same time.  Looks like I maybe reverting back to SU11 tomorrow

Tuskin explained above... post edited

Edited by Maxis

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D/ Asus ROG Strix B650E F Gaming WiFi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200 Pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li LanCool II Mesh Performance / Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard Amp.

Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke + T.16000M Joystick + TFRP Rudders

My Marketplace is greyed out & unavailable & my Server Status shows Offline, but I have internet.

How do I get MSFS back 'Online"?

T45

9 minutes ago, David Mills said:

Is my assumption correct that Wellington would be the location of the biggest airport?

Auckland. NZAA

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, toprob said:

Largest is Auckland, then Christchurch, then Wellington.

Is your Taieri scenery all good with WU12?

Edit: NM Rob just read your post on the website.

Edited by RW1

tpewpb-6.png

This is what my mountains near NZMF look like after the update....😂🤔

https://imgur.com/a/Xrby8FL

Edited by Mets737

Jay

| PPL ASEL |
| Ryzen 7 7800x3D | MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming Trio 24Gb | ASUS X670E-E ROG Strix | 64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 | 32' 4K HDR | Windows 11

17 minutes ago, David Mills said:

Remember to completely reboot the sim after any scenery installation to update the index files.

The sim has been restarted a few times since installing WU12 and hour ago. Time for bed will look again tomorrow evening 

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

47 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

My Marketplace is greyed out & unavailable & my Server Status shows Offline, but I have internet.

How do I get MSFS back 'Online"?

T45

Wait a bit..

Bert

Just took out the Cabri out for a spin around Wellington. The Photogrammetry is not only great but the coverage area is huge. I found the quarry where they shot Helms Deep and Minas Tirith for Lord of the Rings. Now I'm off to find the earth pyramids where the Path of the Dead was shot. 

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Wait a bit..

Has returned.

Have D/L NZ Update & smaller market update, but can't find the Orbx Caribou.

Do you have it??

T45

PS - Just found it, for sale in the Market place. For some reason I thought it was being released free, as part of the NZ Update.

T45

Edited by Treetops45

Just a reminder that NZA Simulations have released 2 freeware updates post WU12

"Our Westport and Rotorua website product pages will be updated following the World Update to contain two new World Update Expansion Addons that will add more NZA Simulations goodness that could not be included in the World Update including animated people, accurate GSE and more."

Now available

• Like 2

7800X3D  + RTX 4080 + 32GB DDR5

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

I hope someone posts some good airports to fly to in New Zealand for the 737.

Auckland and Wellington have been done by Flightbeam. Queenstown by Inibuilds. Also, a brand new Christchurch airport has been released by NZA Simulations.

• Like 1

Daniel

GPU : Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 OC | CPU : AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D  | Memory : Kingston Fury Beast 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 | Motherboard : Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX | Win : 11.

737/A320s can fly into Napier and Rotorua (although no longer regular schedules to either city) as well which are also available freeware or as part of WU12. 

Invercargill has regular fights via Air NZ  A320 but there isn't, to date, an upgraded airport available (although Orbx was/is working on one?)