Sign in to follow this  
Sky_Pilot071

MSFS On A Positive Note

OK not another why doesn't MSFS does this threads but another one of those MSFS is just what the doctored ordered threads.

My last 5 flights in the HJET have been flawless.  Admitting that I don't have access to the previous sim RealAir planes but Iavionics and weather and yes even online AI have been superb.

So for me MSFS doen't get any better so there is only reason to add my positive feel for this exceptuonal effort at flight simulation.

Cheers

sp

Edited by Sky_Pilot071
  • Like 13

I have around 2,000 flawless flights, no crashes, no issues, best sim I have ever flown.

• Like 10
  • Upvote 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

OK not another why doesn't MSFS does this threads but another one of those MSFS is just what the doctored ordered threads.

My last 5 flights in the HJET have been flawless.  Admitting that I don't have access to the previous sim RealAir planes but Iavionics and weather and yes even online AI have been superb.

So for me MSFS doen't get any better so there is only reason to add my positive feel for this exceptuonal effort at flight simulation.

Cheers

sp

Yep...have to agree.i sometimes sit at my sim and during a flight mutter positive expletives of joy...grinning from ear to ear all the while.🙂🌝

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Very rarely do I have problems , best sim by far and the best flight sim we ever had

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Jason Richards

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I have around 2,000 flawless flights, no crashes, no issues, best sim I have ever flown.

Very much the same story here. I don't think a day goes by without me doing something MSFS-related. I love it.

• Like 2

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

I agree, if I am not on the sim then I am on either AVSIM or MSFS Forum to hear about new productss, or features explained that I have explored yet. Retired and at 78 at least it keeps my mind engaged every day.

• Like 4

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

My sim experience in as few words as possible:

P3D = I fix
DCS = I die
MSFS = I fly

• Like 15

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

3 hours ago, bofhlusr said:

P3D = I fix
DCS = I die
MSFS = I fly

The other civilian flight simulators competing against MSFS are just disappointing, IMO.  They are running on technology that is a decade old.  For example, MSFS has frame generation now with the 4000 series cards, you can get crazy impressive FPS in MSFS, and it's butter smooth with frame generation.  Meanwhile, for the competition, if you add in the other add-ons (including ortho) to try to bring the graphics level up as best as possible, so that it can be compared to MSFS, the FPS is just terrible.

Aside from the other civilian flight simulators, DCS is alright, but the ground graphics and textures (including buildings, etc), need way more work. And while I think DCS is the next best flight simulator for clouds, MSFS is still #1 when it comes to clouds.  DCS clouds are good, but still not as good as MSFS clouds.

• Like 1

Well as much as it has its faults (like any sim), I wouldn't be without it.  I won't be deleting it any time soon, and it will definitely get better and better every year.

Really looking forward to the next WU (Oceania), the ATR, and grateful for any bug fixes they can squeeze in (looks like there will be some).

SU13 beta next!  Looking forward to that as well.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

3 hours ago, bofhlusr said:

P3D = I fix
DCS = I die
MSFS = I fly

Addition:
FSX = I try

• Like 2

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

I'm pleased that this sim is working for most people.

For me I seldom complete a flight without CDT. I have done all the usually corrective actions and no joy.

I have had to park this sim.

40 minutes ago, dbw1 said:

I'm pleased that this sim is working for most people.

For me I seldom complete a flight without CDT. I have done all the usually corrective actions and no joy.

I have had to park this sim.

There may be some helpful news along this front with WU 13 today.  Looks like users will have the option to generate a crash report file which may help in resolving ctd issues.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1