Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

ATR is out

20 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

Be aware that despite what's being said the ATR and the CRJ FMC data formats are NOT QUITE identical.

I've done a fuller write up here

But the short version is the CRJ had a value specifying the approach in the format

"RwyArrFINAL=I15"

but it seems the ATR is expecting something like

"RwyArrFINAL=ILS15"

This causes the ATR FMC to stop loading the data at that other so the approach and everything after it are missing from the Flight Plan

Yes, I stated seeing that right away. Quick work around is to click last fix in FP.  From there you can choose arrival/approach. 
Easy-Peasy. SimBrief is probably all,over it already. 
-B

Edited by btacon
  • Like 1

Just now, regis9 said:

I found when I did this import I had no destination airport.  Not sure if that’s a result of the flightplan or some other error on my part.

That's exactly there problem I'm taking about.

The ATR doesn't recognise the code that identifies the approach in the CRJ format file so it stops loading the file at that point which means the approach and everything after that are missing from the plan.

• Like 2

Just now, Matchstick said:

That's exactly there problem I'm taking about.

The ATR doesn't recognise the code that identifies the approach in the CRJ format file so it stops loading the file at that point which means the approach and everything after that are missing from the plan.

See directly above 

3 minutes ago, btacon said:

SimBrief is probably all,over it already

Good point, I’m sure we’ll have a custom export soon in Simbrief.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 minute ago, regis9 said:

Good point, I’m sure we’ll have a custom export soon in Simbrief.

Agreed. They have profile installed already…the need is there

10 minutes ago, btacon said:

Agreed. They have profile installed already…the need is there

It's not an immediately obvious issue so I've given Navigraph a gentle nudge on their forums and on discord that there's something they might want to look into here.

Hi guys! I have a question that might be complicated, but I'm sure I'll get a response here. Long story short, I really really love the ATR, and it made me realize that programming the FMS for a short route is really not that big of deal, and now I wonder why I never tried it before.

So now, I'm interested in trying the CRJ, but the CRJ uses a completely different database. Let's say I was to subscribe to navigraph, I know I would be able to sync the sim, the CRJ and Simbrief together. However, will the ATR sill be in sync since it uses the default navblue database? Or will it get the current nav data directly from the sim? 

I guess my question is, does the ATR pulls nav data from the sim or it has it's own embedded copy of the MSFS navblue database that needs to be updated separately? And if it is the case, can it be updated with Navigraph?

I had another great flight tonight and as I gradually gain a clue of what I'm doing in this aircraft I'm becoming more and more impressed.  Managed a more or less flawless flight tonight and had a blast doing it.

1 hour ago, Violins77 said:

I guess my question is, does the ATR pulls nav data from the sim or it has it's own embedded copy of the MSFS navblue database that needs to be updated separately? And if it is the case, can it be updated with Navigraph?

I think it uses the default nav data base unless you have Navigraph installed.  I use navigraph and haven't had any issues with the ATR.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

6 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

So trying my first real IFR flight with all procedures I managed to break the FMCs before start (flightplan was all yellow and no matter what I did it stayed this way), then I reloaded the flightplan and it worked. Only for the right FMC to totally fail (it stays on the route page, no other pages are accessible).
Then starting the engines I accidentally hit the conditions levers off and on again, which broke engine no. 1 (it stayed in "start" mode with 17%, no matter what I did). Had to reload the flight.
As others already noted it misses the target altitude by -300 feet sometimes.

So it seems quite buggy, especially when you (accidentally or on purpose) leave the "script". That's usually a sign of a very premature release before all testing has been completed and/or the found bugs have been corrected.
When I stick to the script it works fine, but I find that a bit immersion-killing having to pay attention to not click too much on the FMC etc. So for me it still needs some real bugfixing before I can enjoy it thoroughly.

Have tried three flights so far and each time both FMCs have frozen during the preflight.  Is anyone else experiencing these issues with the FMC?  I can't even get to the point where I can enter a flightplan...just freezes up.

10 minutes ago, MNORM said:

Have tried three flights so far and each time both FMCs have frozen during the preflight.  Is anyone else experiencing these issues with the FMC?  I can't even get to the point where I can enter a flightplan...just freezes up.

take  it  your  seeing  this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlHUHePwarw

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

15 hours ago, regis9 said:

Are you on Steam?  I find that using steam if you add funds to your wallet first in steam the purchase will usually go smoothly.

I'll look into that...thanks for the response!

• Like 1

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker | 850W Thermaltake 80+ GOLD |

6 hours ago, regis9 said:

found when I did this import I had no destination airport.  Not sure if that’s a result of the flightplan or some other error on my part

Had the same yesterday. With a Simbrief flightplan in CRJ format. Was an easy one and adding the destination airport should be a viable feature 🙂

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

1 minute ago, motishow said:

Why the plane is moving if i have the throttle at GI position?

That‘s normal for turboprops. You‘ll have to feather (FTR) the propellers if you want to remove the forward thrust, however this will also stop the generators. Or just use the brakes.

1 hour ago, DAD said:

Had the same yesterday. With a Simbrief flightplan in CRJ format. Was an easy one and adding the destination airport should be a viable feature 🙂

Same here, simbrief plan loads in CRJ format ok and all good, but no destination airport for some reason.  Nice plane from a speed perspective allows me to see more scenery than larger jets.  Quite happy with it so far.

Simon