Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 - Announce Trailer

Why make a new sim when the "old" one (three years?) still needs so many improvements and fixes? This is going to be a major mess. 

Edited by thepilot
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ThomseN_inc said:

I didn't see a single EFB in the entire trailer. Gamebreaker.

Now PMDG will push their EFB down the line, ETA 2026 😛 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

I sure hope someone at Asobo is still dedicated to fixing all the things wrong and missing in MSFS2020

• Upvote 2

Wonder if this explains what happened with the Twotter - that MS paid Aerosoft to bring it to 2024 ?

1 minute ago, irrics said:

I sure hope someone at Asobo is still dedicated to fixing all the things wrong and missing in MSFS2020

Maybe just maybe all of those bug fixes will be in MS2024.....and a whole bunch of new ones 😂😂😂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thepilot said:

Why make a new sim when the "old" one (three years?) still needs so many improvements? This is going to be a major mess. 

It does not look like a new sim, IMO.  It looks like maybe they 'might' have fixed or enhanced most of the core features in the sim as well as added 'enough' new features; that could constitute an all-new version in their eyes.

It would be ridiculous to have a completely new stand-alone sim.  It looks more like marketing to me.  We'll see in the end.

Edited by Jeff Nielsen
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Pursue your dream of an aviation career with Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024. This brand-new simulator is designed to take advantage of the latest technologies in simulation, cloud, machine learning, graphics and gaming to create the most sophisticated, immersive and awe-inspiring flight simulator of all time. To achieve this unprecedented level of accuracy, Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 is powered by the significantly evolved Asobo Studio engine. 

Available day one on Xbox Game Pass, PC Game Pass, Xbox Cloud Gaming, Windows 10/11, and Steam. Coming 2024. For the latest information on Microsoft Flight Simulator, stay tuned to @MSFSOfficial on Twitter.

This was taken from this page: Xbox Games Showcase 2023 and Starfield Direct Double Feature: Every Announcement and Reveal - Xbox Wire

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

providing its backwards compatible with all out 3rd party stuff it will be a day one purchase for us all, lets not kid ourselves.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Paul

BeQuiet Pure Base 500 FX - MSI Mag Tomahawk B760 - i5 13600k @ 5.1ghz - 32GB RAM - RTX 3060 12GB  -  32f (31.5" ) Full HD Monitor - TCA Officer Pack - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke -  Logitech Multi Panel

I’m so confused. Why are they bringing out a new MSFS when there’s plenty still to fix on the current one, regardless if it’s an add on or not. They can’t even get the ATC right. Have they tried walking before running?

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Just now, garlicbread11 said:

providing its backwards compatible with all out 3rd party stuff it will be a day one purchase for us all, lets not kid ourselves.

For me too.

As long as my beloved Longitude is there, i'll be there. 😄

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

Not to be overly optimistic, but I'd wait until there's a bit more information rather than basing anything on a single tweet by a game-pass employee who isn't affiliated with MSFS. 

It's speculation, but to release another product with what looks like very similar graphics/technology as a completely stand-alone product seems a little odd.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

If MS/Asobo will release new cloud types and better AI traffic behaviour with this upgrade, I would be ready for looking forward to this thing.😉

Patric

Edited by pscharff
correction

3 minutes ago, garlicbread11 said:

It might be 100% compatible at launch, but presumably the new sim will evolve over time in ways that the original MSFS doesn't meaning if there isn't a free upgrade path 3rd party devs end up either trying to support the same content on two diverging code bases or choosing to support only one of them.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, MikeyOnTheFlightDeck said:

I’m so confused. Why are they bringing out a new MSFS when there’s plenty still to fix on the current one, regardless if it’s an add on or not. They can’t even get the ATC right. Have they tried walking before running?

Games have/need sequels. 

• Like 1

Am I the only one wondering if this is all semantics?

"Sequel" could literally be a marketing term which basically means the sim has a big update w/ mostly the same software, but is being re-branded for new sales.

Also, the twitter account saying, "Yep! It's a brand new sequel!" is probably run by people who respond to questions about every game they've got and basically just have stock responses. I'm guessing their main goal is to "be positive and excited!" but not really go into details as they probably don't know squat about most of the software they have to communicate about.

Overwatch 2 was released a few months ago---it's basically the same exact game as Overwatch 1 with some gameplay changes (5v5 instead of 6v6, new maps, new modes, etc.). Ironically, much of the player base was angry/upset that a "sequel" is just the original game w/ updates, while in Flight Sim it would be just the opposite. My point being, of course, that we could just be seeing an update to the game w/ a price on it.

I have no idea what this "sequel" means, but we know one thing: we have our current iteration for at least another 6 months and in that 6 months we're sure to learn more about the future of the franchise. Probably not worth getting too emotionally tied up in it right away.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3