Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Jorg says Asobo team for MSFS grew from 100 to 175 people

MS uses the term “digital twin” a lot. This could have a load of uses outside of simulating vehicles. It could be a visualisation tool for anything in the real world. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, NZ255 said:

MS uses the term “digital twin” a lot. This could have a load of uses outside of simulating vehicles. It could be a visualisation tool for anything in the real world. 

Yup, exactly. The applications of this are so far reaching. Like I said before, I really think Microsoft has a golden egg in their hands. They just need to refine it and make it more advanced.

• Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

I have been a simmer for almost 30 years, and what I saw today in Microsoft’s presentation is a huge step forward in our hobby and I feel extremely happy right now. I really thank Asobo and MS for bringing flight simulation to the next level, can’t wait to see Fs2024 in action!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, dmvega81 said:

I have been a simmer for almost 30 years, and what I saw today in Microsoft’s presentation is a huge step forward in our hobby and I feel extremely happy right now. I really thank Asobo and MS for bringing flight simulation to the next level, can’t wait to see Fs2024 in action!

Completely agree. Simmer since FS4 here. And to remind, flight simulation seemed to volatize into an esoteric elitist minority hobby a few years ago.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 hour ago, NZ255 said:

This was basically what the ESP was meant to be back in the days (Flight Simulator, Train Simulator, Combat FS) and LM with P3D worked further on that.

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

3 minutes ago, Cyrex1984 said:

That was the final nail in the coffene for xp12.

Nah... people using MACs and mobile will still keep their x-planes installed. 

J/K 🤣

• Upvote 2

Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

4 minutes ago, Cyrex1984 said:

That was the final nail in the coffene for xp12.

Austin's turn at the podium is tomorrow.  he's always talked a lot of smack about MS but to my knowledge he's never had an opportunity to do it before while they were in the building...  lol

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, ShawnG said:

Austin's turn at the podium is tomorrow.  he's always talked a lot of smack about MS but to my knowledge he's never had an opportunity to do it before while they were in the building...  lol

That recent bit of embarrassing and cringy bashing of MSFS was both sad and funny at the same time... the insecurity was palpable, as was the desperation to spread certain narratives. Guess the "glorified google earth viewer" in 2024 form is not a bad google earth viewer at all 😆

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 6

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

3 minutes ago, ShawnG said:

The new trend now is saying Asobo has setups running X-plane daily in their studio, so they can copy the flight model. Austin received this complaint through his e-mail. 🤣🤣🤣

I hope he brings this up at the stage.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, lwt1971 said:

That recent bit of embarrassing and cringy bashing of MSFS was both sad and funny at the same time... the insecurity was palpable, as was the desperation to spread certain narratives. Guess the "glorified google earth viewer" in 2024 form is not a bad google earth viewer at all 😆

He actually went downhill more recently, read that:

Sigh. – Austin Meyer

• Like 2

Why are people so against other platforms.  What do you have against xplane, does it affect your enjoyment?

I never understood this community so much against other simulators.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 6

Sean Green

Most of the new hires are working on getting PAPI lights and ILS approaches working properly. Nah... Just joking, no one is working on that. Little Johnny has to be rescued from the cliff with the helicopter.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

He actually went downhill more recently, read that:

Sigh. – Austin Meyer

That's the initial nonsense from 2021 isn't it.. that video interview from very recently is what I'm talking about. In any case I've got a feeling the mods are going to stop discussion of this topic 🙂 

Edited by lwt1971

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Just now, lwt1971 said:

That's the initial nonsense from 2021 isn't it.. that video interview from very recently is what I'm talking about. In any case I got a feeling the mods are going to stop discussion of this topic 🙂 

Yeah, at the beggining he was limiting this kind of behavior to his personal blog, now he's spreading this non sense everywhere. LOL

• Like 3