Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Going to put V6 in a holding tank

You have some company on that. I just can't see going through the whole process again to get what I already have. I suspect there will be more problems with backward compatibilty than what has been said.

I copy folders from v6 to v5.4 like scenery,texture,effects and a few more

and it is a huge difference. 

Orbx global and open lc works fine.

Have no airports installed so I dont know

I too have v6 downloaded. Like Spilok, I have A LOT invested in v5.4 and I'm just going to wait and see who/what updates?

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I bought v6 and as in all previous versions, it looks lousy with no addons. The ground textures are plain and washed out with nothing special that I can see. I tried adding some of my v5 addons, but only a few work without issues. Another thing I'm not crazy about is that just like MSFS, you can't run the sim with all the features without an internet connection. I'm definitely going to hang on to v5 which works fine without being online. Oh well, it was only 60 bucks.

Pete Locascio

6 minutes ago, tamba765 said:

Oh well, it was only 60 bucks.

My understanding is LM has a 30 day Money Back Guarantee

-B

Edited by btacon

23 minutes ago, btacon said:

-B

I think it's only fourteen days.

• Upvote 1

Vic green

Since we are going to continue, majority with V5, what is the best way to install 5.4....? Is it still clean installation? Uninstall everything and than fresh install?

Alex 

1 hour ago, btacon said:

-B

At one point it was 60 days (if memory serves me correctly), and then it went to 30 days and now it is 14 days.  14 Days is still a very good time frame to test out the product.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

49 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

At one point it was 60 days (if memory serves me correctly), and then it went to 30 days and now it is 14 days.  14 Days is still a very good time frame to test out the product.

Yes it used to be 60 days. I had just started with P3D late August 2015 with V2.5 and then V3 dropped in September. Did the refund and used the funds for V3.  With V5 it went down to 30days. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

Since we are going to continue, majority with V5, what is the best way to install 5.4....? Is it still clean installation? Uninstall everything and than fresh install?

I updated by just uninstalling the previous 5.3 client and installing the new 5.4 version, no issues what so ever since the update. If you are willing to start from scratch anyway you might as well try the LM recommended method first by just updating with the new client. It can't hurt.

Gary Stewart

I’m flying 5.4 and still enjoying the thousands of $ worth of addons for it.  However, I’m keeping 6.0 , because I believe that eventually, it will become great.  I like what I see in terms of atmosphere.  

This whole situation reminds me of when 5.0 was released. I jumped on that one day 1 as well.  But, by day 7 it was refund time.  Just couldn’t compare to 4.x at the time.   But fast fwd 2 yrs and four or five ‘hotfixes’  and wow what a difference.  

The big difference now is there’s an elephant in the room and many developers have left.  But I think eventually 6.x will shine.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

I just don't get why some code refinement and new weather and atmosphere breaks compatibility with existing addons. Next to this the terrain looks still the same. So no reason to buy 6 to get all the work again to move our addons like before from 4.5 to 5.0.

I hope they get a lesson much fewer people buying P3D and lots of refund requests. LM should see we're no longer happy with that. Of course they will not suffer but at least loose their free beta testers. 

Dan 

• Upvote 1

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

Requested refund today.

Edited by vjeanmarc

Cordialement,
Jean-Marc.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-F, i9 13900K, 64 Go DDR5 Ram 4800 Mhz, RTX3090, 3 SSD M2 1TO, Alimentation Bequiet  1600 W, 2 Benq W1080ST

I'm going to purchase V6 and put on hold until the outside developer's catchup with what I have going in the 5.4 version. And eventually move off 5.4 and on to V6. I believe in supporting the flight Sim world that I been a part of for more than 20 years and don't want it to disappear no time in the future. I've enjoyed PD3 since V1 all the way to V5.4. Can't see why V6 won't get updated to newer software releases.

• Upvote 1

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64