Sign in to follow this  
Matchstick

Just Flight Fokker F-28 release date Wed 12th July

18 hours ago, kiwikat said:

Funny, I was told by our favorite XP dev here that it was a big market with lots of potential, though maybe he was mostly referring to XP11? One of these things is not like the other… 🙃

Exactly.

15 hours ago, Ridvan Celik said:

I find that hard to believe because most well known [FSX/P3D] devs are shifting their resources over to msfs exclusively. And if I recall some xplane devs are switching over too.. 

FTFY. And it's absolutely the only choice for them, isn't it?

iniBuilds is the only "shifter" that jumps to mind, and they've handled it with spectacularly poor taste, and did it by riding on MS $$ to boot...

Aside from that, AirfoilLabs has dipped their toe in the market, but their work wasn't well received.

I get the feeling they'll diversify, and I applaud them for it - their X-Plane addons are superb. Same with JustFlight, just the inverse.

2 minutes ago, UrgentSiesta said:

I'm positive it's going to be REALLY hard to feed your mouths from XP since you have no XP products to sell, isn't it?

And so many other XP developers were able to rapidly issue updates, and usually for free (like Thranda themselves)  - so how much work could it really be?

It kinda sounds like it's your business model that needs adjusting for that market, which I think is part of the discussion at hand, no?

If things need to change for those addons to get updated, then make the changes.  

And if that means the customers need to pay some of the freight, then make it so. If your products are as good as you believe (and they are), we'll work with you to get them into the new simulator.

I've tried to explain to you why doing this isn't a straightforward decision for us and the fact we have updated six X-Plane products for XP12, that aren't selling any numbers for us now really, so getting the rest updated to XP12 makes little sense, for us right now.  We have made the decision to concentrate on other things, that we know are going to work commercially for us.  When the time allows further discussions will take place with the guys at Thranda and a final decision will be made.  That decision won't be made lightly. No point us saying much more at this stage.  

For the avoidance of doubt, the MSFS market is where we're at currently, we don't have the resource to be taking on the extra workload especially when the ROI looks so poor for us, we can't take that gamble currently.  The commercial reality is that that's where we need to be, it's going nicely and we have a ton of work now, ongoing and that will keep us busy for a long time. Of course if things change, other opportunities arise etc we'll take a look at them and remember whatever we believe and whatever we decide the team at Thranda have to be be behind that decision.  They are key in this and as things stand it's a no-starter.  The efforts made to get those first titles ready for X-Plane 12 and out in the market have yielded pitiful commercial results.   That's not an exercise that anyone is in any rush to repeat currently.

I appreciate your comments and usually would be willing to engage further but your tone does start to bite. The 'Business Lessons' angle starts to become patronising and having witnessed your previous replies and how you engage with others, on this particular topic, I think it's wise for us to draw a line under things and move on. This was a thread all about the F28 Professional release, can we now try and refrain from further discussion about us and our X-Plane plans in here please.  

Thank you.

• Like 18
  • Upvote 4

44 minutes ago, UrgentSiesta said:

If things need to change for those addons to get updated, then make the changes.  

What's the point? If a business judges that the market just isn't sufficient to justify the cost why would they do this? I don't see how JF are under any moral obligation as you seem to think they are? When the time comes to move to MSFS2024 I have to judge, based on what the developers have stated with regard to upgrades, whether to do so. I can't make demands on them. If you just can't do without JF planes in XP then use XP11.

EDIT What you do not seem to have understood is that JF considers that even if they charged for the upgrades the likely receipts would not exceed the cost. The difference here is that Asobo has confirmed that existing addons will, by and large, be compatible with MS2024. XP was, and always will be, an extremely expensive simulator to support as a user.

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ianb2469 said:

also wonder how far away the RJ updates to the 146 are. 

Eagerly awaiting for a 146 update.

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

55 minutes ago, JustFlightScott said:

This was a thread all about the F28 Professional release, can we now try and refrain from further discussion about us and our X-Plane plans in here please.  

Here, here!

Very infuriating replies to you when your explanations are so clear. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

1 hour ago, JustFlightScott said:

This was a thread all about the F28 Professional release, can we now try and refrain from further discussion about us and our X-Plane plans in here please. 

This would be great.

I can’t wait to make some virtual noise and smoke tomorrow with the F28!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

6 minutes ago, regis9 said:

This would be great.

I can’t wait to make some virtual noise and smoke tomorrow with the F28!

I'm wondering if I should invest in a subwoofer for aircraft like the F28.  Although I don't (yet) know if a sub would really benefit the way the F28 sound pack actually sounds.  Maybe it doesn't really have that much base or rumble...it's kind of difficult to tell thru the live streams but I do know it will be nice and loud like a turbjojet should be.   Maybe not like a Vulcan, but loud still.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guys & Gals

On top of all of the Content Creator videos that have been appearing ahead of the F28 Professional MSFS release tomorrow we have also been busy putting various videos together for you.  Here's a Playlist that contains four tutorial videos, designed to take you through all stages of entering the F28, a full flight and then the landing.  If you've an interest in picking up the F28 Professional then these are a must watch for you.  Hope you enjoy them and I hope you find them of some use.  Thanks.

• Like 16

Nice to hear that there are full text versions of these tutorials in the manual. I always prefer that to watching videos 👍

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Personally far more interested in the F70/100, but from the looks they did a great job...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

André

3 hours ago, Mace said:

I'm wondering if I should invest in a subwoofer for aircraft like the F28.  Although I don't (yet) know if a sub would really benefit the way the F28 sound pack actually sounds.  Maybe it doesn't really have that much base or rumble...it's kind of difficult to tell thru the live streams but I do know it will be nice and loud like a turbjojet should be.   Maybe not like a Vulcan, but loud still.

I've had a sub for years and it really brings out another dimension in the engine sounds of most aircraft.  I'd expect this to be the case with the F28 but in general it makes a really big difference.  Especially if you're like me and sound is the biggest factor in immersion.

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Normally, I'd consider myself an opinionated Fokker, but I don't really have anything useful to add here (sorry, I've been a) wanting to say something like that since this topic wandered off in the usual way, and b) curious to see if this would make it past the censors - I guess we'll find out)

• Like 4

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

7 hours ago, UrgentSiesta said:

I'm positive it's going to be REALLY hard to feed your mouths from XP since you have no XP products to sell, isn't it?

And so many other XP developers were able to rapidly issue updates, and usually for free (like Thranda themselves)  - so how much work could it really be?

It kinda sounds like it's your business model that needs adjusting for that market, which I think is part of the discussion at hand, no?

And if that means the customers need to pay some of the freight, then make it so. If your products are as good as you believe (and they are), we'll work with you to get them into the new simulator.

For all of us who want to engage with this topic in the way it was intended, just give it a rest champ.  Go and post your XP11/12 developer grievances over in an appropriate forum topic in the X-Plane area.

I'm super pumped for this and excited for todays release and @JustFlightScott - kudos to you for staying calm in the face of needless negativity.  

See you all today in the virtual skies, somewhere in our new F28's.

Jase

• Like 2

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

Kinda back up on the fence on this one honestly- all the videos show her off well and the sounds are probably the best in the sim yet. Flew the 146 last night and was immediately reminded of how good it is and how good this thing will probably be. I really disagree with the pricing but I am thankful to be in a position where I have the expendable income for it. 😵

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png