Sign in to follow this  
Matchstick

Just Flight Fokker F-28 release date Wed 12th July

1 hour ago, Amon1973 said:

As I'm really more interested in buying the JF F70/100, are the F28 totally separate products i.e. will there be any discount for the F70/100 if you already own the F28?

If so I may still get the F28, as it would make the purchase more justifiable.

Too early to say but I wouldn't count on that being the case. It's unlikely we'll be offering a discount for a totally different product, really unlikely.

You're probably better holding out for what you're really interested in or maybe waiting to see if the F28 appears in a sale at some point.

Understand your predicament though and your question was understandable and reasonable.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I have purchased all of Just Flights aircraft for MSFS and I have nothing but praise for their products.  The BAe 146 was great and a nice change of pace from the never ending A320/B737s.  I'll be in the queue for all variants of the Fokker line for sure.  I hope the 146/F28/F70/F100 prove succesful for other aircraft like the BAC 1-11 to be justified.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

[double post  removed because of Avsim submit bug]

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

I would buy it if it had "basic" WX radar like Maddog

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

4 hours ago, JustFlightScott said:

Our extra work on this then needs to be able to feed the mouths of ourselves and of the Thranda team. There's not the extra business there for us to be able to jump right in at the moment, that much I will tell you.  We're not at P3D levels but it's not a viable business model for us just at the moment. Not for a moment saying it's dead in the water but for now it's not something we're able to continue at pace with.  Discussions ongoing in the background with Thranda and internally about the situation and where we might go from here.  The Navigraph survey and your other information might well tell you one thing but this is first-hand from us, as things stand currently it's not a wise option and given we only have finite resource available to us, as do Thranda it's a minor priority at best just now.  Sorry, maybe not what you want to hear but that's the situation at present. Hope that helps for now. 

That's interesting, that a major 3rd party developer, like Just Flight, is seeing that it's not economically feasible to even upgrade products for XP 12 at the moment, nevermind developing an entirely new product for XP 12. This is very interesting information, thanks for sharing this @JustFlightScott.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

17 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

That's interesting, that a major 3rd party developer, like Just Flight, is seeing that it's not economically feasible to even upgrade products for XP 12 at the moment, nevermind developing an entirely new product for XP 12. This is very interesting information, thanks for sharing this @JustFlightScott.

Funny, I was told by our favorite XP dev here that it was a big market with lots of potential, though maybe he was mostly referring to XP11? One of these things is not like the other… 🙃

I think I’ll use my slight feeling of FOMO here as motivation to get back into the 146 this evening.

Edited by kiwikat
  • Like 3

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

2 hours ago, kiwikat said:

Funny, I was told by our favorite XP dev here that it was a big market with lots of potential, though maybe he was mostly referring to XP11? One of these things is not like the other… 🙃

I think I’ll use my slight feeling of FOMO here as motivation to get back into the 146 this evening.

I find that hard to believe because most well known devs are shifting their resources over to msfs exclusively. And if I recall some xplane devs are switching over too.. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ridvan Celik said:

I find that hard to believe because most well known devs are shifting their resources over to msfs exclusively. And if I recall some xplane devs are switching over too.. 

That seems to be the general feeling out there.  Perhaps the discussion would also be best served over in the XP forums.  

Jase

• Like 1

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

On 7/9/2023 at 7:11 PM, MarcoPolo said:

You'll be eagerly awaiting their Vulcan with the same EFB then? 

Vulcan last time i checked is a V-bomber  I was not aware they where used as airlines????????????????????????? Totally different type of aircraft and last time i checked there are no flying Vulcans. Its like saying a F18 or B52 has a EFB

Edited by jason74

Jason Richards

9 hours ago, kiwikat said:

Just bear in mind I'm talking only from our perspective and how things look for Just Flight at the moment.  Things might be totally different for other devs and publishers out there. My reply was to help someone get a better understanding of where we are currently in terms of planning and working on current and future products and why that's the case. I really can't or don't want to be talking for the whole community/industry or for other companies.  That's not my place.   Just wanted to clarify that.  Thanks. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, jason74 said:

Vulcan last time i checked is a V-bomber  I was not aware they where used as airlines????????????????????????? Totally different type of aircraft and last time i checked there are no flying Vulcans. Its like saying a F18 or B52 has a EFB

I think bombing The Falklands in 2023 without a EFB even in a Vulcan is unrealistic.

• Like 1

In my view, it's a fair price to pay for the F-28. From looking at Just Flight's promo vids, and the pre-release reviews by Youtube contributors, it's clear that an immense amount of work and care has gone into this model. It's also worth remembering that while we are all enduring inflation and rising interest rates, they too have to put food on the table and pay their mortgages. JF's reputation in MSFS is stellar, we will want them in MSFS24, and personally I think they are worth the extra money.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

19 hours ago, JustFlightScott said:

Our extra work on this then needs to be able to feed the mouths of ourselves and of the Thranda team. There's not the extra business there for us to be able to jump right in at the moment, that much I will tell you.  We're not at P3D levels but it's not a viable business model for us just at the moment. Not for a moment saying it's dead in the water but for now it's not something we're able to continue at pace with.  Discussions ongoing in the background with Thranda and internally about the situation and where we might go from here.  

5 hours ago, JustFlightScott said:

Just bear in mind I'm talking only from our perspective and how things look for Just Flight at the moment.  Things might be totally different for other devs and publishers out there. My reply was to help someone get a better understanding of where we are currently in terms of planning and working on current and future products and why that's the case. 

Always good to hear from actual devs around here, and to get a real sense of the flight sim market from their eyes (and MSFS's success therein), helps to hopefully quell some rampant theorizing and conjecturing.. well maybe not given certain other threads in these forums lol. The more we hear from devs (and we certainly have either on their communication channels or here), the better I say. The level of engagement with the simming community starting with MS/Asobo and then all the 3rd party devs has been markedly more than the quieter years of old, a welcome and refreshing change.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 5

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

This looks like a great aircraft. I’m holding out for (hopefully not too long?!) the F100 with EFIS. I also wonder how far away the RJ updates to the 146 are. 

22 hours ago, JustFlightScott said:

Our extra work on this then needs to be able to feed the mouths of ourselves and of the Thranda team. There's not the extra business there for us to be able to jump right in at the moment, that much I will tell you.  We're not at P3D levels but it's not a viable business model for us just at the moment. Not for a moment saying it's dead in the water but for now it's not something we're able to continue at pace with.  Discussions ongoing in the background with Thranda and internally about the situation and where we might go from here.  The Navigraph survey and your other information might well tell you one thing but this is first-hand from us, as things stand currently it's not a wise option and given we only have finite resource available to us, as do Thranda it's a minor priority at best just now.  Sorry, maybe not what you want to hear but that's the situation at present. Hope that helps for now. 

I'm positive it's going to be REALLY hard to feed your mouths from XP since you have no XP products to sell, isn't it?

And so many other XP developers were able to rapidly issue updates, and usually for free (like Thranda themselves)  - so how much work could it really be?

It kinda sounds like it's your business model that needs adjusting for that market, which I think is part of the discussion at hand, no?

If things need to change for those addons to get updated, then make the changes.  

And if that means the customers need to pay some of the freight, then make it so. If your products are as good as you believe (and they are), we'll work with you to get them into the new simulator.

• Upvote 1