Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ianb2469

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ianb2469

  1. This will be one to visit in the 757!
  2. Same. PPL but feel I can get a big chunk of the experience for far less cost (and risk!). Mostly fly airliners in MSFS mind you, and suffer the same thoughts re the atmosphere. Have been tempted many times by ActiveSky for the passive extras but always end up putting myself off. Quietly hoping one day we get a better atmosphere overall. I too have spent time in X Plane. Did some serious hours in X11 previous to MSFS launching. Shame we can’t have a hybrid of both!!
  3. A good 737-300/400/500 would be amazing to have. But perhaps wishful thinking. Hopefully we’re about to have a very good 757. I agree a 747 doesn’t seem to make sense. 787 is a risk for them. Perhaps a 767 or 737CL? I’d like both!!
  4. I’m hoping GCTS and KMIA will get hammered by me in a 757!
  5. 1) the 757 and it lives up to the hype 2) an LEAL scenery that is to today’s high standards. 3) a 737-300 made to Fenix standards.
  6. I think I did that but it then put a random much higher number against the current waypoint, removed the T/D marker and placed a T/C one that I was never going to reach!! Will try again next flight.
  7. So I’m having some Issues with this aircraft. The holds as already mentioned here or at the official forum don’t work properly, I also can’t seem to get the FMC to work if I change cruise level in flight, it messes various things up in the profile. I also can’t find a way to change the arrival/STAR/runway which is, alongside the above, something that must be possible for online flying. I could be doing something wrong though!
  8. I’m an airline flyer. Does ActIve Sky have convective clouds? And will the wx radar on my 737 and Airbus display correctly? Something I’m increasingly frustrated with is the lack of proper convective clouds and weather especially in Europe in the summer!
  9. Steering works fine for me with my rudder pedals, although feels over sensitive compared to PMDG and Fenix but that could be just something I have to get used to
  10. My initial findings are that the rudder on the ground is too sensitive, and the auto throttle on final approach is no where near responsive enough, had to disengage it in, for EHAM standards were relatively light winds.
  11. I think this was the reason on my first attempt today that I couldn’t get the engines started!!! All cleared for next attempt tomorrow morning as I ran out of time.
  12. Has anyone noticed the FMC says F28 on the initial page. Not sure if that’s intentional or not?!
  13. Several streamers/YouTubers in the next 24hrs (or already!) incl 330driver and Flightdeck2sim. It’s coming!!
  14. A big wish of mine for this update (may sound petty but I know shared with many on discord) was for the flap axis to be like every other aircraft I own, so that I can use the detents on my Bravo provided by prosimdesk. Alas, no! Not sure why the axis seems “off” compared to everything else and there is no option to calibrate it either.
  15. Are those still needed after the recent update. Not had chance to check yet.
  16. This happens to me when I change views and refocus to the front view. I think only in 2024 though.
  17. I’d love nothing more than to fly with realistic ATC all the time. What I see of SI on YouTube vids is that it’s still Americanised language a lot of the time in Europe. Beyond is getting there but vectors for approach are still not good. VATSIM is great but rarely that well staffed!
  18. I sometimes fly on vatsim and have been using fsltl’s provided vmr file. I’m tempted to try AIG with the real time traffic for my offline flying (more often). Is there a way to create a vmr file for the aig models I install or should I just stick to the fsltl models for vatsim?
  19. Would like to finally see someone do LFPG!
  20. I’ve been considering adding to my Airbus kit. But I am desk based. I like the look of the additional mounting so I can replicate a pedestal feel, especially as a vatsim flyer with the radio and transponder. Seems my Boeing days are numbered…… This will sway me closer to replacing my Bravo with their Airbus throttles I think.
  21. This looks amazing. I just hope the flap axis will work with my Honeycomb Bravo and ProDeskSim detents too….a problem many face on the discord 🤞
  22. I’m mostly flying Airbus at the minute after being a long time 737 fan. I have Winwing kit (not the throttles - have a bravo for that) and I like the idea of multiple aircraft that the hardware applies to. I just wish Fenix would get the neos out (although fslabs is decent but has some handling issues for me still). back to the a340, I still might get it yet…..🤣
  23. I’m also hoping for this. I’m hesitating on the a340 mainly as it’s not something I’m likely to fly often, but the promise of Toliss systems (some experience previously in XP) tempts me. If this had been an a330 I’d probably have caved in already!
  24. I’m liking the performance comments. I’m very interested in the handling (in particular in the flare). I think I’ll have this in my hangar by Monday…
  25. I’m watching with interest. It’s too expensive to instabuy because it’s not an airframe I will use every day, and the texture comments and what I’ve seen on the streams I’m 50/50. I also saw on a stream the direction of rain water isn’t correct. The flight deck was ok (maybe could do with improving) but the passenger windows had the water flowing in the totally wrong way while airborne (no slipstream at all)…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.