Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

A2A Comanche has been released!

14 minutes ago, dean01c said:

Can confirm FS ATC Chatter works with the Comanche

Dang… time to pull out the credit card then 😉👍🏻

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alvega said:

Ok, but even then he is more trustable reviewing GA planes than Overkill and many others, in my opinion.

As far as GA airplanes goes my philosophy come to two people who I can trust: an owner and a flight instructor (who actually instructing in it). A2A Scott is actually an owner, so he gives us best in depth representation. Given his reputation in the past I have no doubt that Comanche is high fidelity representation of P24, and if there are bugs or inconsistencies A2A will take care of it. I don't need youtuber (even type rated in 737) to give me his opinion.   

I don't know have many people actually flown PA24. I was fortunate enough to ferry PA24 across USA to have some idea 

• Like 5

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

5 hours ago, MarkW said:

Any chance this amazing bare metal repaint can be done for MSFS.

N59250 Polished Repaint - The A2A Simulations Community

Not sure at the moment, with time constraints, if I'll get a chance to do much painting on this plane. 

I did however "unpaint" her for MSFS... and I'll upload the bare metal  texture maps as a whole aircraft to flightsim.to and let other painters use them to create bare metal liveries if they'd like.  Just started with the Comanche so don't expect to see her at flightsim.to just yet.   Still a few things to figure out with the texture maps.

dqRgmx.jpg

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

5 hours ago, Swe_Richard said:

I would get this in an instant if I knew it worked in Onair/Neofly. Looks really sweet.

You know I was thinking about this, and this is purely a hunch, but seeing everyone mentioning that the reason it isn't working, as these Apps don't recognize the engine start. Well if the Comanche doesn't utilize the MSFS engine start function, you might try to hit the MSFS autostart button (whatever it is), after your Comanche is started, and see if the App works from this. I've seen some say the tracking function works. Again just a hunch but it may work. If it does, let everyone know... Good Luck.

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

7 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Not sure at the moment, with time constraints, if I'll get a chance to do much painting on this plane. 

I did however "unpaint" her for MSFS... and I'll upload the bare metal  texture maps as a whole aircraft to flightsim.to and let other painters use them to create bare metal liveries if they'd like.  Just started with the Comanche so don't expect to see her at flightsim.to just yet.   Still a few things to figure out with the texture maps.

Silver Bullet 2.0

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

6 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

Silver Bullet 2.0

Hehe....

Silver Bullet One  (really need to revisit this one...time is never on my side though) 😞 

khyIma.png

@fppilot Hey Frank...sorry have not kept in touch since the expo.  We'll need to catch up, esp if you have any other HJet paints you want to do.  Was fantastic meeting Marwan at the Expo, super nice guy!

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

My VA has a Tour in the Philippines. Just did the first leg in the Comanche, and it flew great. Looking forward to doing all of it. 

Flights:
Leg: 1 - FVNPPI01 - RPLL to RPUM
Leg: 2 - FVNPPI02 - RPUM to RPVP
Leg: 3 - FVNPPI03 - RPVP to RPMJ
Leg: 4 - FVNPPI04 - RPMJ to RPMZ
Leg: 5 - FVNPPI05 - RPMZ to RPMC
Leg: 6 - FVNPPI06 - RPMC to RPMD
Leg: 7 - FVNPPI07 - RPMD to RPVA
Leg: 8 - FVNPPI08 - RPVA to RPVM
Leg: 9 - FVNPPI09 - RPVM to RPVI
Leg: 10 - FVNPPI10 - RPVI to RPVJ
Leg: 11 - FVNPPI11 - RPVJ to RPVF
Leg: 12 - FVNPPI12 - RPVF to RPLP
Leg: 13 - FVNPPI13 - RPLP to RPUD
Leg: 14 - FVNPPI14 - RPUD to RPUB
Leg: 15 - FVNPPI15 - RPUB to RPUT
Leg: 16 - FVNPPI16 - RPUT to RPLI
Leg: 17 - FVNPPI17 - RPLI to RPUS
Leg: 18 - FVNPPI18 - RPUS to RPUI
Leg: 19 - FVNPPI19 - RPUI to RPLB
Leg: 20 - FVNPPI20 - RPLB to RPLL

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Since the Comanche was discontinued in 1972, I am pleased a no GPS option is available. If you saw the movie Casablanca, there is a fence sort of around the airport. When Max Conrad took off in his Piper 250, with seats removed and gas tanks installed, he barely made it over the fence leaving Casablanca nonstop for Los Angeles and setting one of his 100 records. That plane is now in a museum in Liberal, Kansas.

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

15 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

My VA has a Tour in the Philippines. Just did the first leg in the Comanche, and it flew great. Looking forward to doing all of it. 

Flights:
Leg: 1 - FVNPPI01 - RPLL to RPUM
Leg: 2 - FVNPPI02 - RPUM to RPVP
Leg: 3 - FVNPPI03 - RPVP to RPMJ
Leg: 4 - FVNPPI04 - RPMJ to RPMZ
Leg: 5 - FVNPPI05 - RPMZ to RPMC
Leg: 6 - FVNPPI06 - RPMC to RPMD
Leg: 7 - FVNPPI07 - RPMD to RPVA
Leg: 8 - FVNPPI08 - RPVA to RPVM
Leg: 9 - FVNPPI09 - RPVM to RPVI
Leg: 10 - FVNPPI10 - RPVI to RPVJ
Leg: 11 - FVNPPI11 - RPVJ to RPVF
Leg: 12 - FVNPPI12 - RPVF to RPLP
Leg: 13 - FVNPPI13 - RPLP to RPUD
Leg: 14 - FVNPPI14 - RPUD to RPUB
Leg: 15 - FVNPPI15 - RPUB to RPUT
Leg: 16 - FVNPPI16 - RPUT to RPLI
Leg: 17 - FVNPPI17 - RPLI to RPUS
Leg: 18 - FVNPPI18 - RPUS to RPUI
Leg: 19 - FVNPPI19 - RPUI to RPLB
Leg: 20 - FVNPPI20 - RPLB to RPLL

It would be interesting to hear of any interesting maintenance events that occur during the journey!  I just took my first flight and it clearly exceeded my expectations.  

• Like 1

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

2nd flight tonight.......loving this aircraft

20230720223405-1.jpg

20230720223500-1.jpg

20230720223515-1.jpg

Edited by sidfadc
  • Like 1

Thomas Derbyshire

I just nailed a landing like I've never done before, the flight model on this feels absolutely superb.  Its difficult to describe, it just feeeeeeeeeeels right.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Thomas Derbyshire

1 hour ago, Pivot said:

You know I was thinking about this, and this is purely a hunch, but seeing everyone mentioning that the reason it isn't working, as these Apps don't recognize the engine start. Well if the Comanche doesn't utilize the MSFS engine start function, you might try to hit the MSFS autostart button (whatever it is), after your Comanche is started, and see if the App works from this. I've seen some say the tracking function works. Again just a hunch but it may work. If it does, let everyone know... Good Luck.

Issues with career systems are currently being looked at.

No guarantees what's going to be fixed or when but A2A Devs are definitely onboard with trying to make the plane compatible.

EDIT: Small matter, but ordering the Comanche gives you 50 flying A2A hours. Each of which is ten cents on future orders, expires in 5 years. So that's five dollars off your next A2A plane.

Edited by Fielder

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

1 hour ago, sidfadc said:

I just nailed a landing like I've never done before, the flight model on this feels absolutely superb.  Its difficult to describe, it just feeeeeeeeeeels right.

Thing is that anybody can do this in MSFS with respects to A2A.

sp

I note that the P3D Comanche comes in two versions the $50 one and the $99 variant.

Is the MSFS Comanche closer to in features to the $50 P3D or the $100 P3D variant ?