Sign in to follow this  
Bob Scott

12.06b7 released

11 hours ago, Bjoern said:

Me neither. Me neither.

It's more in-line with the type of flying I do so I personally prefer it, but obviously it's entirely subjective 🙂

Fortunately it's an easy thing to change if needed.

16 hours ago, tonywob said:

Ha ha, no, no idea something like that was possible. I wouldn't mind seeing a rotating startup screen of @filou's screenshots though 🙂

I wouldn't mind seeing it either a rotating TrueEarth screnshots to be fair.

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

oh my looks like some sort of temperature inversion, don't think i've seen this before in real weather, smashing it LR well done 😎

Kus44ex.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

16 hours ago, efis007 said:

Yes Bjoern.
I checked the log, but there were no errors.
I think the problem is with the weather engine that works "the Xp12 way", and randomly creates strange cloud shapes.
Sometimes they are seen in bad weather.
Other times they are seen in good weather.
I honestly don't know why this phenomenon happens, apparently the bug doesn't seem to follow a "weather logic", it seems something random in data interpretation and cloud rendering.
The Laminars surely know the problem best and will fix it. 🤞

I think in past betas, the issue was that a debug version of the weather map snuck into non-debug weather, but I'm not sure. But I'd be surprised if the bug was not completely fixed.

8 hours ago, jcomm said:

what new loading screen? heck, I see no difference?

Not sure if pulling my leg or acute blindness. 🤔

6 hours ago, Matchstick said:

It's more in-line with the type of flying I do so I personally prefer it, but obviously it's entirely subjective 🙂

It's not about the type of flying, but showing too much of the default terrain, which honestly no XP12 promo screenshot should do. If the image faded out to black or dark blue below the horizon line or showed just enough terrain to accomodate the main menu icons, it would work out much better.

Edited by Bjoern

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

7 hours ago, Bjoern said:

🤔

It's not about the type of flying, but showing too much of the default terrain, which honestly no XP12 promo screenshot should do. If the image faded out to black or dark blue below the horizon line or showed just enough terrain to accomodate the main menu icons, it would work out much better.

I'm sure someone could create a better picture but as I say this works better for me than the previous one and replacing it with any image you want is a simple process.

I have made several flights and l am disappointed with the lighting in this new version. For me they move away from what is most precious.The whole thing with the clouds makes an unbalanced mess. The little magical side has disappeared.

• Like 2

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

On 9/1/2023 at 7:58 PM, UKflyer said:

lives in here i think so can be changed

X-Plane 12\Resources\bitmaps\backgrounds

a nice little program that randomises it too! https://www.helisimmer.com/downloads/x-plane/utilities/x-splasher-2-0

Even easier and not only for Windows like X-Splaher: https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/291892-undocumented-1206-feature-customizable-splash-screen/

Watch my YT-channel: https://www.youtube.com/@flyingcarpet1340/

Customer of X-Plane, Aerofly, Flightgear, MSFS.

8 hours ago, filou said:

I have made several flights and l am disappointed with the lighting in this new version. For me they move away from what is most precious.The whole thing with the clouds makes an unbalanced mess. The little magical side has disappeared.

To me what is most precious is I can fly aeroplanes, everything else is all opinions and they are all different, and of course every ones opinions are right and the most important.

What has changed with regard to lighting? I think the previous 12.05 can still be downloaded (with beta unchecked), so a comparison with screenshots would still be possible.

"They're pissing on our heads and they tell us they're pissing on our heads, but we say it's raining because we don't want to be labeled 'conspiracy theorists' ".

1 minute ago, Murmur said:

What has changed with regard to lighting? I think the previous 12.05 can still be downloaded (with beta unchecked), so a comparison with screenshots would still be possible.

I need to try this myself as I'm not quite sure what it is... but everything seems duller and darker, although it still looks really good to me in comparison to XP11 and other sims. Maybe nothing much has changed at all and I've just started to get used to it 

• Upvote 2

They havnt changed anything yet as far as I know. Simply put no matter what they do, someone is going to get upset and it is one thing that will always have complaints. I do believe there are some changes coming not sure which run yet.

27 minutes ago, tonywob said:

I need to try this myself as I'm not quite sure what it is... but everything seems duller and darker, although it still looks really good to me in comparison to XP11 and other sims. Maybe nothing much has changed at all and I've just started to get used to it 

I think so.

Although it might only be the new loading screen. the "feel" has subtlety changed.

AutoATC Developer

btw, online weather is broken again :-/

Since yesterday, first no METAR now no METAR and no GRIB :-/

Has been recurrent this bug...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Uninstaller since July 2012 when MS ceased development of MS FLIGHT...

46 minutes ago, jcomm said:

btw, online weather is broken again 😕

Since yesterday, first no METAR now no METAR and no GRIB 😕

Has been recurrent this bug...

yeh so annoying, good job i got activesky for backup

Edited by UKflyer
  • Like 1

Is the METAR situation a problem with LR servers? Or is it the NOAA system?

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...