Sign in to follow this  
MrFuzzy

Frame generation for all RTX cards

27 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

Is any kind of Frame Generation already available for AMD GPU users in MSFS? Is that what this mod turns into FG for Nvidia users?
I'm asking because after Nvidia hiding this possibility from us for two years, I'm tempted to try AMD next time. And I don't know much about their GPUs.

AFAIK, this hack uses a AMD driver to allow frame generation on older generation Nvidia cards which according to Nvidia were not able to use Frame Generation.
It could be that AMD somehow found a way where Nvidia didn't or, more likely, Nvidia just kept it a secret in order to sell 40xx cards at a ridiculous price.

Nvidia GPU's still outperform AMD's most of the time but that doesn't mean they are very likable as a company.

• Like 4

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

11 minutes ago, orchestra_nl said:

hack uses a AMD driver to allow frame generation on older generation Nvidia cards

It's not a hack, FSR support frame generation for all Nvidia RTX cards as-well as 5000-7000 series amd cards. It's an algorithm based frame generation instead of AI frame gen that requires the tensor cores that 4000 series has.

12 minutes ago, orchestra_nl said:

Nvidia GPU's still outperform AMD's most of the time

Not in the enthusiast and budget market with regards to raster. Nvidia is still kicking at the high-end with their 4090 though, 4080 is touching toes with the 7900xtx

• Like 5

Well there you go I am one of those who upgraded from a 3000 sieries card to a 4000 sieries (4090) mainly for the FG.  So somewhat peeved that Nvidia did not enable FG on all their older cards.  But at least with the 4090 I doubled my VRAM from 12 gb to 24 gb -  albeit at great expense. But  I would have been even more peeved if I had gone for a 4080 with just 16 gb of VRAM.  One silver lining is that if this hack has its wrinkles ironed out and becomes mainstream it should increase the value of my 3080ti which I have yet to put up for sale.  I also assume there are no potential legal hassles here in that it is AMD software being made to work with Nvidia hardware and not Nvidia software being hacked that might attract a cease and desist  letter from Nvidia's lawyers.

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

This is what the sim looks like with FG activated for me.

When you look closely you can see a small Glitch at the left buttom corner. Bit for me there is no real Showstopper. It's only a quick and dirty video captured with obs and using tobii Headtracking.

I use dsr Factor 2.25. so the sim is set to a higher Resolution other then the native Resolution. 

https://youtu.be/b02YComP4JY?si=3pw3WS80EApAeLLV

9 minutes ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

Another bleeding edge thing but I'm wairing for the 'Gold' release.

sp

Only a matter of time. Just like when AMD did their tech preview for their version of frame gen the first two releases was at best "proof of concept". It gets better each version released. I expect the same in this case. The only party pooper i forsee is DX12 and its Vram requirements. Gotta have 16gigs for ultrawide and possibly even more for 4k if you want to fly to the big cities in your 8k repainted AC and inibuilds level Heathrow packed to the gills with AI AC.

Edited by Maxis
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

11 hours ago, Greazer said:

Hello, what do you mean a sync?  A sync of Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.35.21.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe in WinApps?  How to do a sync?  Any website link to share?

It seems to be a mirror of the location in winapps,same files but you have write access into there

• Like 1

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

19 minutes ago, Jetman67 said:

It seems to be a mirror of the location in winapps,same files but you have write access into there

Thanks.  I have now successfully moved the game files to XboxGames.  Going to try the Frame Gen mod now.

Whilst frames are double it's not a very stable experience for me especially when looking around in the cockpit, I see stutters,hesitations etc,maybe the 4 serious has some hardware to complement this and make it stable,be interesting to see where this goes

Edited by Jetman67

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

By the way those of you who are looking for the Merge when you right click the regedit and cant find it, look down to the bottom of the list and right at the bottom you see an option that says Show More Options and one you click on that you see Merge right at the top of that more options list.😜

1 hour ago, flieger28 said:

This is what the sim looks like with FG activated for me.

When you look closely you can see a small Glitch at the left buttom corner. Bit for me there is no real Showstopper. It's only a quick and dirty video captured with obs and using tobii Headtracking.

I use dsr Factor 2.25. so the sim is set to a higher Resolution other then the native Resolution. 

https://youtu.be/b02YComP4JY?si=3pw3WS80EApAeLLV

Its definitely much smoother in panning for you than it is for me. What are your specs.? Also are you running this at 1080 or is that just the video? I do see some stuttering when panning but could be the video and you are panning much faster than I do so it would be more difficult to see stutter at that speed. But sure it does look better in panning than mine but I'd still out do that video on smoothness and double the frame rate with Frame interpolation provided by my TV. I see at the end there its mangling the exterior shadow on the runway too.

Edited by FBW737

2 hours ago, Maxis said:

In my experience Nope.

I'm glad to hear that, my plan is to upgrade to Radeon 7900XT(X) for MSFS 2024.

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Did a flight near San Diego with a beautiful weather I can admire with the help of my Tobii. RTX 3080, Graphics all Ultra on a 3440x1440 ultrawide display. During this flight, I have way more less artefact as demonstrate in this previous post on this same thread. Maybe the Ultra settings? Doesn't really make sense as tearing and artefact seems to be more visible under stress. Unfortunately, it ended at 5 fps on short final 28R at Montgomery Field. Can conclude anything. Could be anything. Need further tests.

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio