Sign in to follow this  
MrFuzzy

Frame generation for all RTX cards

9 hours ago, vbazillio said:

Hi all,

No DLSS Frame Generation option available in MSFS Graphics settings. 

RTX3080, GPU Hardware support enabled, Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling enabled, nvidia driver 546.33. Did reboot several times

1. In Windows 11 Pro 12H2: when right-clicking the .reg file I don't have MERGE option. I can run it and add the DisableNvidiaSignatureChecks.reg into my registry
  2. I copy the 2xDLL ("dlssg_to_fsr3_amd_is_better.dll" and "nvngx.dll") into my C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.35.21.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe without any problem
  3. Launch MSFS (no pop-up during the boot process), Set DirectX Version to "DX12 (Beta). Quit and relaunch MSFS
  4. I Don't have any "nvidia DLSS Frame Generation" available

Help appreciated 😉

PS: tested with nvngx_dlss.dll v3.5.10.0 and 2.4.12 (MSFS Stocked)

@Turpentine Finally found the solution why I don't have the MERGE option and it works after MERGING the .REG file. Thanks to @Virtpilot :

9 hours ago, Virtpilot said:

Noticed the same thing but after I moved that reg file to my desktop I had show more options and there was "merge". Is it okay to do that way, I don´t know... 

So, MERGING instead of ADDING solve my problem even if the REGEDIT process warned with the same messages.

After the MERGE of the "DisableNvidiaSignatureChecks.reg", then launch MSFS and got the warming pop during the boot...

Y7bR6Va.png

... and now I have the NVIDIA DLSS FRAME GENERATION:

biLAoWF.png

@ryanbatc Thanks for your suggestion but I didn't need your tips 😉

First tests

Did a quick test flight with an empty Community folder and I have a huge tearing on the third bottom of my screen, so far only on external view. Launch a second time with my regular Community to stress under the heavy Las Vegas Flytampa. The tearing was all around the screen and make the sim totally unplayable even with a high frame rate 😉 Then, go to Graphic Settings, change the VSYNC and finally change my mind, click DISCARD... and the tearing on the whole screen disappeared (except in external view with the bottom part of the screen.

Need definitely more tests.

Edited by vbazillio
  • Upvote 1

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

indeed this worked for me, I had issues putting the files into the winapps for the store version but put them into the content folder and working great, sitting in the PMDG 737 at YBCG I was getting 55 FPS before turning on frame generation, im now getting around 110 FPS and very smooth 

• Like 2

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

6 hours ago, CavalierDuck said:

I am having the same issues that others are obviously having, unable to copy the .DLL files into the Store version Flight Simulator folder in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps. I've spent the last couple of hours wrestling with permissions and ownership etc, I can now get into the folder but I can't copy anything into it. I've seen suggestions that some versions of Windows (I have W10 Home) just don't allow it, in which case, this mod is going to be inacccessible to a good number of us.  Can anyone shed any light on this?

see my post and the link to //42

• Upvote 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

31 minutes ago, vbazillio said:

@Turpentine Finally found the solution why I don't have the MERGE option and it works after MERGING the .REG file. Thanks to @Virtpilot :

So, MERGING instead of ADDING solve my problem even if the REGEDIT process warned with the same messages.

After the MERGE of the "DisableNvidiaSignatureChecks.reg", then launch MSFS and got the warming pop during the boot...

Y7bR6Va.png

... and now I have the NVIDIA DLSS FRAME GENERATION:

biLAoWF.png

@ryanbatc Thanks for your suggestion but I didn't need your tips 😉

First tests

Did a quick test flight with an empty Community folder and I have a huge tearing on the third bottom of my screen, so far only on external view. Launch a second time with my regular Community to stress under the heavy Las Vegas Flytampa. The tearing was all around the screen and make the sim totally unplayable even with a high frame rate 😉 Then, go to Graphic Settings, change the VSYNC and finally change my mind, click DISCARD... and the tearing on the whole screen disappeared (except in external view with the bottom part of the screen.

mines working but I never see the disclaimer, strange

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

I changed CPU on my last rig build, specifically for MFS, into AMD, while keeping Nvidia for the GPU...

After all this my next GPU will be AMD too....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

2 hours ago, Nemo said:

You can move your MSFS installation from the WindowsApps folder to XBoxGames folder. I did that very recently and took me only a few minutes. I found a procedure on //42 homepage where they described it step by step because it was needed for one of their apps to work.

https://parallel42.com/blogs/wiki/converting-my-sim-install-from-legacy-to-modern

Don't be worried when you see it would require 150+ GB disk space. It does not touch your Content Folder if it installed elsewhere. In my case only 2.1 GB were moved into the new directory.

This is what I needed to get things working. I don't recall the FlightSimulator.exe being protected in the past. Who knows when or if it changed. Anyway, thanks for this information. 

Pretty fun flying at 60 fps.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

12 minutes ago, jcomm said:

I changed CPU on my last rig build, specifically for MFS, into AMD, while keeping Nvidia for the GPU...

After all this my next GPU will be AMD too....

Definitely, I was about to order RX7900 XT, has a lot of Vram and costs like RTX4070 but with performance that is comparable to RTX4090. I mean Nvidia has becoming pathetic honestly, insane prices for a little upgrade from the previous generation. Plus their dirty tactics of only making FG run on RTX40XX while this mod has shown us older generations like RTX20XX and RTX30XX can just run FG. That tactic is only force to consumers like us to upgrade to a new GPU almost every year.

• Like 4

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

13 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

This is what I needed to get things working. I don't recall the FlightSimulator.exe being protected in the past. Who knows when or if it changed. Anyway, thanks for this information. 

Pretty fun flying at 60 fps.

did you try putting those files in Microsoft flight simulator content folder, i have this folder on c drive and its a sync of the winapp folder, worked straight away

Wayne such

whoever found and created this, cudos! always felt that FG on just the 4 series is scam like cutting cpu pipes but this thing here is doing wonders, same settings as before when I had some 30ish fps I now get 60. no tearing with the recommended vsync settings in NCP except when loading the main menu, then the screen flickers like on steroids but settles after a few seconds. during flight nothing. just smooth frames on my meager 3060. my only wish would be to be able to disable that "warning" message when loading MSFS as I forgot to click it now a few times, coming back with a fresh coffee and still having to wait until I see the main menu, 

Per installation of the mod, I luckily have MSFS installed from the very beginning on a dedicated MSFS NVM drive in F:\MSFS, so no problems to copy the files in my folder F:\MSFS\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Content, just in case this helps some who wonder where to put the files. and yes, no merge option, I just double clicked and "opened" the reg file.

Edited by DAD
  • Like 4

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

1 minute ago, DAD said:

whoever found and created this, cudos! always felt that FG on just the 4 series is scam like cutting cpu pipes but this thing here is doing wonders, same settings as before when I had some 30ish fps I now get 60. no tearing with the recommended vsync settings in NCP except when loading the main menu, then the screen flickers like on steroids but settles after a few seconds. during flight nothing. just smooth frames on my meager 3060. my only wish would be to be able to disable that "warning" message when loading MSFS as I forgot to click it now a few times, coming back with a fresh coffee and still having to wait until I see the main menu, 

Per installation of the mod, I luckily have MSFS installed from the very beginning on a dedicated MSFS NVM drive in F:\MSFS, so no problems to copy the files in my folder F:\MSFS\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Content, just in case this helps some who wonder where to put the files. and yes, no merge option, I just double clicked and "opened" the reg file.

i suspect Nvidia will be a bit annoyed lol, interestingly i dont get that warning it just loads straight in

Wayne such

1 hour ago, vbazillio said:

First tests

VSync must be forced ON in NVCP for FlightSimulator.exe and OFF in the sim graphics settings.

It would be nice if it were possible to disable nVidia Reflex to save some watts, but even in its current status if you disable the 2D interface elements it's 100% playable.

It works very very well for me. I am also using the frame limiter at 60 fps in NVCP.

747 at EDDF, where previously I was stuck at around 45 fps with some drops to 35-37 (main thread bottleneck). The framerate with FG is very stable and my system is chilling as if it were generating 30 fps only (it is indeed!), with some headroom left both on the main thread and the GPU.

image.png

image.png

Edited by MrFuzzy
  • Like 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

2 minutes ago, Jetman67 said:

i suspect Nvidia will be a bit annoyed lol, interestingly i dont get that warning it just loads straight in

I also didn't get the pop-up warning but see a log file that wrote the same thing at .\path\to\Microsoft Flight Simulator\content\dlssg_to_fsr3.log. 

Install worked like a charm - going to test this out and see how it performs. Though I mainly fly in VR so I won't notice it during some aspects, it'll be nice to see the performance gains at busy airports when I'm not under the visor.

1 hour ago, Jetman67 said:

indeed this worked for me, I had issues putting the files into the winapps for the store version but put them into the content folder and working great, 

Wait what?

Content folder for 3rd party add-ons?

Just now, Greazer said:

Wait what?

Content folder for 3rd party add-ons?

no i have a folder on the c drive

microsoft flight simulator\microsoft flight simulator\content

not community, looks like content folder is a sync of the folder in winapps

Wayne such

58 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

Definitely, I was about to order RX7900 XT, has a lot of Vram and costs like RTX4070 but with performance that is comparable to RTX4090.

I was exactly in this boat a year ago. Wanted to replace my 6900XT which served me well, I waited several months to see what was going to happen with the FSR3 announcement by AMD and due to toal silence, I went for a RTX 4080 instead of an 7900XTX (ok, slightly also because I did not want to buy a novel PSU). Happy for those who had more patience and waited till now, now the 7900XT(X) are easily favourable over the 4xxx series for MSFS I guess. 

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS