Sign in to follow this  
MrFuzzy

Frame generation for all RTX cards

1 minute ago, craigeaglefire said:

Will Nvidia release their version of this hack? 🙂

I would guess once they find a way to run it reliably without the artifacts people are reporting

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

2 minutes ago, craigeaglefire said:

Will Nvidia release their version of this hack? 🙂

That would be nice, offensive defense as way forward after their FG marketing Trick

• Upvote 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

8 hours ago, bic said:

When I tried to rename the usercfg.opt, during startup the installation manager starts and asks for content to install and also a drive / directory with a message, you don't have enough space to install c:\...

You have to copy from the old cfg the InstalledPackagesPath into the new one.
InstalledPackagesPath is on the bottom the cfg

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 12/19/2023 at 12:54 PM, bobcat999 said:

As if they will care. 

they do, and raised the price for the RTX 4090!

• Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

After several experimental flights and trying different settings I have to say that this hack works relatively fine on my system (RTX 3090 + 13900K, NVCP: VertSync = ON, Frames capped at 58)). I still prefer the TAA mode though it can lead to extreme stuttering in some cases. But they can be cured mostly by going to DLSS mode and then back to TAA during flight.

The only thing that bothers me a lot is the DX12 "texture shine through" bug at many airports. But this is independent from the FG hack I guess.

• Like 4

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Wow, as usual with the PC version of MSFS there is a wide range of feedback. 

Personally I found FG a game changer and I understand how it is a major selling point for 40 series cards.

However FG is not to be considered a miracle cure and a pass for cranking up resolution scale and graphics settings even on dated PCs.

As I mentioned before, being the additional frames generated by the AI, the smaller the difference between two consecutive real frames, the better the result will be. "Small difference between frames" means basically that the image doesn't change much from a frame to another, and this is achieved when a short interval of time passes between the two frames. That's why I don't recommend limiting the framerate to 30 fps: in this case only 15 real fps are rendered and the interval between two consecutive real frames is 67 ms. When you pan the view rapidly, many things change on your screen in 67 ms and artifacts may be displayed. 

Your PC should be able to deliver a decent framerate to begin with. 

My PC normally delivers 37-45 fps in the worst-case scenarios (taxiing in busy international airports with heavy airliners and real traffic and liveries) but if in these conditions you see 15-20 fps without FG, don't expect FG to make miracles. I use the NVCP frame limiter at 60 fps and with GSync the experience is very smooth, certainly better than without FG.

As for the artifacts, I believe that the reason why 2D elements and windows generate the most terrible ones is that the algorithm expects them to move with the other elements and starts to move them when you rotate the view, only to realize a frame later that they are still in the original position, hence the psychedelic ghosting effect. I am sure that these elements can be excluded from the frame generation (I don't think that 40 series owners see that) and when FSR3 frame generation is supported natively in MSFS, the issue will be resolved.

• Like 4

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

Given Nvidea are providing their products across a wide range of software genres, can I ask, is this hack only for MSFS? I mean, why would Nvidea even care about this in the bigger scheme of things. They don't seem to worry about adding MSFS specific improvements if most of their updates are anything to go by.

Cheers

Terry  

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

4 minutes ago, Lord Farringdon said:

can I ask, is this hack only for MSFS?

It’s way bigger than MSFS. We, the flight sim community, are just benefiting from the mass-game industry (CyberPunk, Witcher…).

https://videocardz.com/newz/mods-can-now-replace-dlss-frame-generation-with-fsr3-for-nvidia-rtx-20-30-gpus-in-multiple-games

Edited by vbazillio
  • Like 2

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

1 hour ago, MrFuzzy said:

our PC should be able to deliver a decent framerate to begin with. 

My PC normally delivers 37-45 fps in the worst-case scenarios (taxiing in busy international airports with heavy airliners and real traffic and liveries) but if in these conditions you see 15-20 fps without FG, don't expect FG to make miracles. I use the NVCP frame limiter at 60 fps and with GSync the experience is very smooth, certainly better than without FG.

You have a point there. When you are flying in free air, with a buttersmooth 30fps, FG can double that to 60fps but do you actually need these extra frames in this instance?
But when you are trying to land at a busy addon airport, and your fps drops to 15, those 30fps that FG gives you won't be the same buttersmooth quality as the 30fps you have in free air without FG. It might not be as bad as with 15fps.
FG needs something to work with and can't replace GPU power, although it can augment it.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

22 minutes ago, orchestra_nl said:

When you are flying in free air, with a buttersmooth 30fps, FG can double that to 60fps but do you actually need these extra frames in this instance?

I can appreciate the difference between 30, 48 and 60 fps (before I used to limit the framerate to 48) even with GSync. I can even tell the difference between 60 and 120 fps, that I can reach in certain conditions with FG, however I decided to cap the framerate at 60 to limit the GPU fan noise.

Everything is subjective, however as you and others have observed, if you get 15 fps on the ground you need to drop your TLOD or traffic settings first of all (the auto LOD tool can be handy in this case), because in that case FG will generate many artifacts and the experience won't be smooth anyway.

• Like 2

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

38 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

I can appreciate the difference between 30, 48 and 60 fps (before I used to limit the framerate to 48) even with GSync. I can even tell the difference between 60 and 120 fps, that I can reach in certain conditions with FG, however I decided to cap the framerate at 60 to limit the GPU fan noise.

Everything is subjective, however as you and others have observed, if you get 15 fps on the ground you need to drop your TLOD or traffic settings first of all (the auto LOD tool can be handy in this case), because in that case FG will generate many artifacts and the experience won't be smooth anyway.

I limited FPS too for the same reason.  My GPU fans were making a heck of a racket on unlimited (TLOD 200)

I'm yet to try the Auto LOD mod but it sounds interesting.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

1 hour ago, MrFuzzy said:

Well for me with native FG anytime 60fps over the 30fps, hence I'm more in the range of 90fps nowadays wouldn't go back...

• Like 1

André

3 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

Your PC should be able to deliver a decent framerate to begin with. 

This applies to Nvidia's FG as well, your computer must be able to maintain a minimum of 30 fps for it to work well, 40+ is probably optimal in my experience, and you need lot of VRAM.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

On 12/19/2023 at 7:34 PM, MindYerBeak said:

does it work with dx11 ?

can someone point me in the direction for the mod for AMD users?

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

Talking about frame generation, some of you guys, has been able to make AFMF wit FS2020? I tried with vsync on and off, hdr on anf off, etc, but i get a yellow mark telling me it cannot work with this kind of visualization and needs fullscreen. I'm on latest drivers 23.30.13.05. Thanks.