Sign in to follow this  
lwt1971

MSFS tops Navigraph 2023 survey results

17 minutes ago, UrgentSiesta said:

I'll disagree with you on the 4090 - in any normal distribution an extremely expensive, recently released premium product should be a small outlier rather than show a peak of any kind. Particularly given the radical price delta between it and the next lower priced card.

Well, given like I said the survey respondents are skewed towards the more "serious" kind i.e. those using Navigraph, they are likelier to have beefier machines. Just looking around at the avsim folks' sigs about their hardware shows the 4090 is not a small outlier. 14.5% sounds about right, and is hardly a peak of any sorts IMO.

• Like 4

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

5 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

Well, given like I said the survey respondents are skewed towards the more "serious" kind i.e. those using Navigraph, they are likelier to have beefier machines. Just looking around at the avsim folks' sigs about their hardware shows the 4090 is not a small outlier.

"...the 4090 is not a small outlier."

In THIS population- absolutely.

Uh oh - we're beginning to agree 😆

Edited by UrgentSiesta
  • Like 1

Just now, Rimshot said:

That's a fair question. But you could also point to a few of us (meaning flight simmers in general) getting threads locked in other forums because of a strong preference for one sim 😉 I know I sound like a hippie, but you know, peace and all. We're talking about games and this thread proves again we're taking it way to seriously.

And the mods have taken action in the other forums. It's nice that in the XP forum, they can freely talk about MSFS in their Navigraph thread now.  The reverse is not true here in the MSFS forum. Many of us are "self censoring" these days, to prevent any mention of XP, so we don't give an angle for these same XP users to come into our thread to get it locked.

• Like 4

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

This survey ist just a marketing tool for Navigraph. 

Rather much more than that, given its 58 partners including Lockheed Martin (P3D), Laminar Research, etc:  https://navigraph.com/survey .. Obviously marketing is involved but it's marketing for all of those partners too.

Also, I'm quite sure all these partners consider this survey to be something more than trivial or "fun" 🙂

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 5

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS

37 minutes ago, Rimshot said:

If I were a mod I would start by doing something about remarks like these. Despite which subforum they're posted in. Why for **** sake is it so hard to accept different opinions? Calling for others to be excluded. Hmmm... 

Exactly. Calling for exclusion is not the proper respectfull way. We are able to tell someone our opinion and even we are able to call the other to stay respectful and mind avoiding words like gang etc. 

That should be enough to keep this thread respectfull and alive. 

If someone harms the rules continuesliy then a mod could react (behind the scene I would prefer). 

Thanks for your thoughts here. I felt understood 🙂

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, Rimshot said:

'you and your gang'? What is that even supposed to mean?

Bert, it's always the same MO:  scout the MSFS forum for anything positive about MSFS, then here they come often led by Goran, Murmur, and the predictable others, and since they're all doing the same thing, they qualify as a "gang".  They're here for one reason only:  to dispel positivity whenever possible.  If their intentions were golden I'd not use the term, "gang".  But that's not the case--they have a very visible agenda.  They're also highly skilled in taking exquisite care to be careful in their comments so as mask their real agenda.  

This BS is classic:

1 hour ago, GoranM said:

If you believe that MSFS is an entirely new, or almost entirely new flight sim, built almost from the ground up, then I'm not even going to entertain that.

He knows full well I don't believe the sim is entirely new or almost so from the comments I made, but makes this statement anyway in order to continue being argumentative and to try to spawn a retort.  This is why he's here, period, end of story.

• Like 7

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

4 minutes ago, Noel said:

Bert, it's always the same MO:  scout the MSFS forum for anything positive about MSFS, then here they come often led by Goran, Murmur, and the predictable others, and since they're all doing the same thing, they qualify as a "gang".  They're here for one reason only:  to dispel positivity whenever possible.  If their intentions were golden I'd not use the term, "gang".  But that's not the case--they have a very visible agenda.  They're also highly skilled in taking exquisite care to be careful in their comments so as mask their real agenda.  

Maybe "Cult" would be a better description. 

• Like 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

I started this thread to discuss the MSFS aspects of the survey, and it's had a lot of good discussion along those lines so that's great 😃.. I couldn't care less about talking about other sims, but it was inevitable I suppose given that the survey obviously involves multiple sim platforms. And also inevitable the usual suspects would hop on, especially those who want to downplay the results (for the all too obvious reasons) and those who look to push the usual farcical narratives and disinformation about MSFS (but still keep falling flat on their faces in the most comedic ways). But hey, it's an internet discussion forum, it is what it is 🤷‍♂️

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 7

Len

28 minutes ago, Noel said:

This BS is classic:

He knows full well I don't believe the sim is entirely new or almost so from the comments I made, but makes this statement anyway in order to continue being argumentative and to try to spawn a retort.  This is why he's here, period, end of story.

Don't let others take your ability of enjoyment here at Avsim Noel. 

You have the ability to avoid commenting on him or them as well. 

If you comment, you take the risk to get reactions. That's also "clear" and highly possible it happens. 

Come back....I always liked the way you wrote and shared your opinions here. 

It would be a emptier Avsim when people like you get angry and stay away. 🙂

• Like 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

11 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

And also inevitable the usual suspects would hop on, especially those who want to downplay the results...

I call them sim "election deniers."

• Like 3

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

13 minutes ago, Noel said:

and since they're all doing the same thing, they qualify as a "gang"

8 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Maybe "Cult" would be a better description

Sure, we could discuss which term would be more appropriate. But oh irony, how would you guys qualify yourself? Honestly, in general, just accept other people have divergent opinions, various preferences and therefor use another sim without disqualifying them as outcast. Very sad...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

52 minutes ago, David Mills said:

I call them sim "election deniers."

Yeah, I mean it was CRAZY how much Al and Hillary cried about it...

• Upvote 1

What really matters to me is our sim has a bright future, the 3rd party devs are happy, MS and ASOBO are also happy, so we should expect incremental improvements in the foreseeable future (pontual updates and new sim versions). 

Whoever wants to stay away from this sim, just do it, I don’t really care. But it’s a bit funny to see some (usually the same people) doing mental gymnastics to prove their points.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 5

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

3 hours ago, Rimshot said:

If I were a mod I would start by doing something about remarks like these. Despite which subforum they're posted in. Why for **** sake is it so hard to accept different opinions? Calling for others to be excluded. Hmmm... 

Interestingly enough there is a post in this very subforum (see below), probably because there was a need for it - already around 6 months before release of MSFS 2020 ... In none of the other subforums at avsim there is such a post - probably because there was no need for it ... isn't it? 🤪

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Watch my YT-channel: https://www.youtube.com/@flyingcarpet1340/

Customer of X-Plane, Aerofly, Flightgear, MSFS.

20 minutes ago, flying_carpet said:

In none of the other subforums at avsim there is such a post - probably because there was no need for it ... isn't it? 🤪

That's only because none of the other forums have knuckleheads dropping in on a regular basis with the sole intent of polluting the threads.

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

GONE BOATING - It's like fishing, but with a clean deck.