Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

So... which GTN ?

3 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

Since I’m also considering one of these units, apart from the 3 axis autopilot, what other imaginary features does the PMS have?

I wonder if you keep asking him if you will get the block as well. If he does decide to tell you, would you be kind enough to share the info with me because I'd really like to know. Genuinely. At the moment though, I'm beginning to wonder if there really are any. I'm not sure what else I can conclude from that encounter.

Edited by Jazz

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

1 minute ago, Jazz said:

If he does decide to tell you, would you be kind enough to share the info with me because I'd really like to know. 

No problem…..

Just now, DD_Arthur said:

No problem…..

Thank you.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

I have the tds-gtnxi in the jpl c-152 but don't know how to turn the unit on.  Is there a manual for this unit somewhere ?

Dave Hinson 

28 minutes ago, DaveH said:

I have the tds-gtnxi in the jpl c-152 but don't know how to turn the unit on.  Is there a manual for this unit somewhere ?

Dave Hinson 

https://www.tdssim.com/Account/login

https://www.tdssim.com/gtnxivcintegration

Just log on  and  download  the  manual,  havnt  got   the   c 152   have  you got  the  av   switch  turned  on in the  second  link  i  gave  i  didnt  see the  152  being  listed?

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

On 12/26/2023 at 5:46 AM, mryan75 said:

As a real-life pilot flying with the unit, I can't afford to put myself in a situation where I'm not sure what's real and what's not when I'm in the clouds IFR because I've been flying behind a psuedo-unit in the sim, which I realize is not an issue for most users.

Truly no offense, I mean this in the most constructive way possible: if you're concerned a about a video game creating negative training regarding systems or procedures in a real - world aircraft, you really should consider getting some more detailed instruction in your aircraft.  

It's easy for proficiency - especially IFR proficiency - to lapse for GA pilots.  The fix isn't on your desktop computer.  👍

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Andrew Crowley

23 hours ago, St Mawgan said:

I'm not comparing the two. My only experience of the PMS version is the free one. When it came to deciding which one to spend money on, I chose TDS. 

Hence, my comment.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Dukes, Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

1 hour ago, jwhak said:

Does anyone know which one will be supported or ported over for MSFS 2024?

I think "ported" is the wrong word. Updated feels more accurate. Things that work in this sim should work in that one. If not, I suspect it will require an update as things often do when the sim is updated currently.

Honestly, the only products I don't expect to work in 2024 are the ones developers have abandoned and will therefore not get the usual updates.

I don't believe you need to worry about either of these in the next sim. I wouldn't.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Stearmandriver said:

Truly no offense, I mean this in the most constructive way possible: if you're concerned a about a video game creating negative training regarding systems or procedures in a real - world aircraft, you really should consider getting some more detailed instruction in your aircraft.  

It's easy for proficiency - especially IFR proficiency - to lapse for GA pilots.  The fix isn't on your desktop computer.  👍

Sorta. I don't think it's a good idea for anyone to train on something that's "pretty similar" to something that's as integral to single-pilot IFR as a 650 is in my case. Conversely I would use the WT G1000 to learn the ins and outs of it, although I still wouldn't fly behind one IFR if that were my only experience with it. I agree 10,000% on training and proficiency for GA pilots. As a nearly 600 hour PPL IR, I do an IPC every year with a different instructor from my club, because not only do I want different eyes on what I'm doing, I can also learn from these different instructors as well.

So we're coming from the same place.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Stearmandriver said:

It's easy for proficiency - especially IFR proficiency - to lapse for GA pilots.  The fix isn't on your desktop computer. 

While I totally agree the first sentence, I'm not sure about the second sentence. To my experience, MSFS provides an experience (especially in VR) incredibly close to my real life IFR training, down to the very details of instrument scanning.

Being able to play with a "real" (aka TDS) GTN650 anytime at home is invaluable, and for that, I'm in total agreement with @mryan75, that I don't want to play with a GTN650 in MSFS that has inaccurate "buttonology". 

• Like 1

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

19 hours ago, Jazz said:

I think "ported" is the wrong word. Updated feels more accurate. Things that work in this sim should work in that one. If not, I suspect it will require an update as things often do when the sim is updated currently.

Honestly, the only products I don't expect to work in 2024 are the ones developers have abandoned and will therefore not get the usual updates.

I don't believe you need to worry about either of these in the next sim. I wouldn't.

My only concern would be having to purchase either one of the GTN's again for MSFS 2024.  If anyone finds solid intel on if I purchase the GTN750 for 2020 now I don't have to buy it again for MSFS 2024.  I'll be on it like a dog on a bone 😉

Edited by jwhak

8 hours ago, jwhak said:

My only concern would be having to purchase either one of the GTN's again for MSFS 2024. 

I can't give you certainties, buddy and neither will anyone else here. If you want those then you should reach out to both developers and ask them directly. I know from personal experience that the PMS developer is always on Discord and has always answered my queeries within minutes.

I can only say that in myself I'm so confident that what you worry about is a non-issue that it doesn't worry me in the slightest.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

With the current sale I’d like to check again… PMS PAID vs. TDS? I fly GA only occasionally, but I tend to pay acute attention to the details. Andy, Bert, Bob and others, a pointer would be most appreciated.

I understand BOTH now have Navigraph update capabilities?

Ta- C

Edited by cavaricooper

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper