Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

So... which GTN ?

2 minutes ago, Jazz said:

What's the random stuff? If the answer isn't pink giraffes and bunting I'm going to be very disappointed.

The 3-axis autopilot for starters.

16 minutes ago, mryan75 said:

The 3-axis autopilot for starters.

That one again.

I'll ask again....what else? As I said before, I'd like to know as I'm i-g-n-o-r-a-n-t as to what they are.

Comical censor filter strikes again. Why on earth that word is censored here I cannot fathom.

Edited by Jazz

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

5 minutes ago, Jazz said:

That one again.

I'll ask again....what else? As I said before, I'd like to know as I'm i-g-n-o-r-a-n-t as to what they are.

Comicle censor filter strikes again. Why on earth that word is censored here I cannot fathom.

Bye. It's been fun.

1 minute ago, mryan75 said:

Bye. It's been fun.

Fun? I'm just trying to find out what all these random added features are. I don't know what they are and I don't know why you don't want to tell me.

Curious.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

TDS for me, even though the DB is old, I haven't ran into any issues because of it.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

TDS. Best piece of flight sim related software I think I ever bought. Had the PMS freeware for 6 months or so before going for TDS. 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

TDS no question. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

TDS all the way. I seriously don't know who all these diehard PMS fans are. It just feels like cheap Asobo avionics, like everything else in the sim. TDS is the only "real" avionics for MSFS. I miss RealityXP though. If only TDS would make a GNS too.

4 minutes ago, BennetHill said:

I seriously don't know who all these diehard PMS fans are.

Neither do I. I can't see any in here.

8 minutes ago, BennetHill said:

TDS all the way. I seriously don't know who all these diehard PMS fans are. It just feels like cheap Asobo avionics, like everything else in the sim. TDS is the only "real" avionics for MSFS. I miss RealityXP though. If only TDS would make a GNS too.

What are you talking about? The G1000Nxi G3000/5000 are probably the best default avionics suite in any sim. Those are "real" avionics. 

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, St Mawgan said:

TDS. Best piece of flight sim related software I think I ever bought. Had the PMS freeware for 6 months or so before going for TDS. 

You can't compare the PMS free with the TDS. Being a slave to the Garmin Trainer, I found over the years to be a major PIA.

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

5 hours ago, jrw4 said:

How often does the TDS database get updated and is there a charge involved?

Many thanks and best wishes to all.

Whenever Garmin updates their Trainer.. once or twice per year, currently..  No charge.

• Like 1

Bert

me think the biggest problem hasn't been discussed yet. I can't fly a plane that every few weeks throws PMS on me... hell you don't know where you end up, if you are lucky you get only snippy comments from your GTN... 😁😬

#runforcover

have nice flights with whatever GTN 😉

Cheers T.

I use TDS too since I want it as close as possible to the real thing. I have flew dozens of approaches at different airports around my home airport with TDS and haven't found database an issue.

My major gripe is not TDS's fault. The Piper Archer that I'm training IRL with only has a GTN650. Nearly all planes in MSFS however are preset to use TDS GTM750 as primary GPS and it doesn't seem to be a way I can change it. AzurPoly's TB-30 seems to be the only one default to a single GTN650, but this bird is a bit too fancy comparing to the Archer I fly.. 

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

Lots of options but I ended up with the PMS750. Most realistic? Well, it is fairly feature rich, updated very often, excellent dev support, works with pretty much any GA plane that offers 750's as an option, can be used as a pop out if need be, no bugs that I've encountered and always enjoyed the lifetime version as I use it so often. For a flight simulator, it has an overwhelming amount of usable features. Even a good vnav calculator.  The PMS750 is a must as it's updated often, uses navigraph charts and data (the other one does not) and you can use this anywhere in the world from what I've learned. Other types may be more comprehensive but are more useful in the US vs everywhere else.

I've no issues with approaches using the PMS version.

Also, this version has a 650 as well. So some planes may/may not have that option.

Edited by Sonosusto
  • Like 2

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Dukes, Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---